Butt hurt 15-17 owners come on in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
6 miles and you're complaining?! I had 17 on mine and i had video of it being unloaded from the delivery truck.
Definition of sarcasm
1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual
Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Carbon composites are nothing like nylon parts. There are many problems with metal pans as well. Anyone who off-roads a lot can tell you of risks related to denting the oil pan. I have seen engines toasted from this. Personally, give me a light weight carbon composite. It is stronger than thin steel for impact related stress, which is all I worry about on a Mustang.
You shouldn't have an issue with impact related stress with the Mustang considering it is not an off road vehicle. Having said that, every time I have ever been off road in/on rocks ,stumps ,etc; I have always had protection (steel, not composite,skid plates). I have dented my steel fuel tank more than once without any issues other than reduced capacity. I am quite sure however that if it was a composite fuel tank it would have surely cracked and leaked. But this point is moot for the Mustang since it is a performance road car and not designed for off road use.

Only time will tell if the composite oil pan will hold up to heat cycles. I for one hope it does, but my personal experience with this set up is not positive. :ford:

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
Definition of sarcasm
1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual
Just had to go back and re-read what you initially wrote. I'm not sure why I didn't pick up on your sarcasm but I hear what you're screamin.

Memphis9s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
Too bad Ford didnt make it really look like that instead .... is that image tweaked some ? looks like hood line is more aggressive towards the grill

Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
not sure what the commotion is about. the 18' looks pretty good to me

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
2018 Front Fascia

Good lord, people are STILL bitching about the 2018 facelift?
YES !!! I saw one today on the street - DAMM its so ugly. :tsk: :(
Yes aftermarket PLEASE take care of those poor 2018 owners for Gods sake. :lol:

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
I warmed up to the 18s look, but I feel like it's too pinched, making the whole car look like a wedge. It looks like it has less front end area where the 15-17 is a little more square and uniform looking all around

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
All these 15-17 owners who don’t like it luckily will only have to look at the tail lights
lol

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Status
Not open for further replies.