Sponsored

MM caster camber plates

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Hey guys,

Looking for quick help with this one. I searched for related topics but couldn't find what I was looking for (or was oblivious to the answer).

I can get Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates for a good deal, but have a few questions. First, some context:

- I'm looking for a dual duty setup for my car (daily driver, track 5-6 times a year just for fun)
- Running 18x10 36 offset wheels with no much clearance left from the strut
- Lowered 1" on Steeda Progressive springs
- I'm looking to get some extra camber in the front (around -2 degrees, again for dual duty)

MM plates state that they allow for 1.75 degrees of continuous camber adjustment, however I've seen people post that they run them on the track (assuming they can get more than -2 degrees). Steeda plates allow up to -2.8.

Additionally, do the plates allow for me to switch between camber adjustment before and after track day or should it still be done by an alignment shop and left alone?

Could someone please advise if I should pass on MM plates seeing as I won't be able to get even -2 degress camber? Should I just get camber bolts instead?
Sponsored

Last edited:

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
1.75 is the width of the adjustment range, its not the maximum alignment camber. How much camber you can get depends on your ride height etc. Those camber plates should do the trick for you.

OP
OP

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Sorry, I'm still learning. What do you mean by width of adjustment range?

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
You should be able to get more than -1.75*. I have -2.3* camber with MM plates and have the BMR SP080 springs which I believe have less drop than the Steeda springs.

Static_LV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem PP, 1969 Mustang Coupe
If you work with an alignment shop you should be able to get two settings dialed in, one for road and one for track. Mark the adjustment points for each and you should be able to do it yourself pretty easily.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Thanks for your responses everyone. Gonna pick them up.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Feel good about getting them. I have them and I’m lowered on Steeda ultralites and I max out at -2.5 each side which is what I run on road course track. I’m lucky that my local shop does all my alignment changes based on track or street setup whenever I need. Adjusting camber isn’t that hard but you get toe changes as well when camber is changed which makes using an alignment rack very helpful.

lizardman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=20657]db252[/MENTION] How much does your toe change from -2.5 to -1.5?

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
[MENTION=20657]db252[/MENTION] How much does your toe change from -2.5 to -1.5?
I don’t have exact numbers but more than anyone would want. The tires would constantly scrub causing wear all the time. Toe is so much more important than camber for tire life.
Sponsored