OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I have it mounted with the magnetic option, and I can see the screen.
However, I have the screen off ;)

Looks great! How do you have it mounted and can you see it when driving?

As mentioned, I have a polarized filter waiting to go on that should reduce the dash glare you see on the windshield. When I get a chance, I'll do some comparison with and without.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/pn/010-12530-18

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
I have both the DR650S 2 channel and Thinkware F770 2 channel. The DR is in my mustang and I like the looks and fitment of it, rear camera isnā€™t as good as the rear cam of the F770. I have the F770 in my focus and I like it also, the app is better, the speed at which you can download the recordings (on WiFi) is a lot faster and overall the system seems to work better with my iPhone. Itā€™s really a toss up on which one Iā€™d buy again, the DR looks SO much better in the car and no one really notices it. The F770 IMO looks bad and is easily noticeable in the window, but it seems to take better videos. Like others mentioned before you need a cell link battery for parking mode since your battery will eventually drop below where you have the voltage cutoff. The mustang with the DS seems to last a long time in parking mode with little motion going on around it, the F770 in my focus doesnā€™t seem to last more than an hour which is most likely due to the cars smaller battery.

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
Installed my filter the other day and you can see the difference with the lack of reflection in the windshield (and it seems brighter overall). Ignore my ugly mug.

[ame]

Sponsored

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
My, my, what a bloody difference! Thanks for posting...

Installed my filter the other day and you can see the difference with the lack of reflection in the windshield (and it seems brighter overall). Ignore my ugly mug.

Mooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 Fusion / Mustang GT Premium on order
I have been looking into the Blackvue 650s, and one option that I am thinking of going with is the battery option. I see lots of talk about hardware tapping into your fuse, but why suck down your Stang battery when you donā€™t have to? One hour automatic charge while driving gives you 12 hours of parking mode juice.

https://www.blackvue.com/power-magic-battery-pack/

Deleted member 35786

Glad I found this thread. So many to choose from its ridiculous. I do like the ones with motion sensor, so they sleep until something moves then they start recording. Would be easier on the battery I suspect.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I backed a Kickstarter project for the Waylens 360 WiFi. Just waiting to install it.

Sponsored

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I backed a Kickstarter project for the Waylens 360 WiFi. Just waiting to install it.
Interesting design but from reviews I've read on this brand they still have a lot of kinks to work out.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Good info in this thread, thx!

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Interesting design but from reviews I've read on this brand they still have a lot of kinks to work out.
I never bothered to install it. I read some bad reviews on the video quality. I ended up selling it. Now I have all winter to choose a dashcam and install it.

I'd like small discreet camera, any recommendations?

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Most all dash cams are small so other than a small footprint what other features are important? The one feature I would highly recommend is a dual channel system - front and rear cameras. I'm looking for a budget dual camera system for my son's car and this is on my short list. Mini 0906. Waiting to see what Black Friday brings.