Sponsored

I don't know if we all got the same windshield wipers, but how often to replace?

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
I hear anywhere between 6 months to 4 years. I "only" have 25000 kms on my car and I rarely drive it in the rain, yet the wipers have been crap the last..10000kms or so. In the rare times I use it when it rains it's been very streaky in certain parts. Not loud or anything. I've done the newspaper stuff and clean it and still crappy.

ACTUALLY I did notice the next day it was better if I ever drive it two days in a row in the rain, but not sure if in my head. Anyway, I digress, how often do you guys change it?
Sponsored

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Change when they need to be changed...

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I don't believe there is a realistic set time to change them. It's all depending on use. I usually change mine once I start to see any streaking/left over water.

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
Here in the desert, the heat breaks them down eventually. We do occasionally get rain, and barely used wipers streak. I was told many years ago to clean the wiper blades with alcohol after every wash, and use a good windshield cleaner as well. If they get wax on them, they will skip, steak, chatter. Being better the second day of rain makes me wonder if that is the case.

Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I am still using the factory wipers from when I bought the car 3 years ago. I don't understand how they have lasted so long. But that's irrelevant to your case; if they're not working correctly, they need to be replaced.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Every time you wash the car, use a liberal amount of Simple Green on a micro fiber and thoroughly wipe the blades... you’ll be surprised by the filth that comes off of them and it will prolong the life and performance of the blade.

I’ve also had blades last 1-2yrs before having to replace; when I do replace the blades, I always purchase the BOSCH blades - never an issue with that brand.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still using the OEM blades on my 2015 w/ 20K miles lmao! They have definitely seen rain before, but the car is garage kept and I do try to avoid precipitation.

Also, I'll wipe the blades down from time to time during a wash.

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in FL and I have to change my yearly between consistent rain and heat. Even with cleaning.

Sponsored

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
I either buy OEM and they last a few years, or the super duper cheap ones (try Wal Mart) for like $2-3 each every 6 months.
In my experience, the expensive ones at the auto store still only last 6 months and are a rip off.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Oems have been on my car for 11k miles and 3 years. Seen ice, rain and all the in between the NY winter can trow at a daily. Hell they are holding up better than my steeda jacking rails which are rusting within a few months.

I just clean the blade when the car gets washed. I avoid alcohol bc it can dry the rubber out and do my best to avoid wax or quick detail sprays.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Oems have been on my car for 11k miles and 3 years. Seen ice, rain and all the in between the NY winter can trow at a daily. Hell they are holding up better than my steeda jacking rails which are rusting within a few months.

I just clean the blade when the car gets washed. I avoid alcohol bc it can dry the rubber out and do my best to avoid wax or quick detail sprays.
I actually drink a lot of alcohol....but it doesn’t affect my wiper blades at all!! :D

Actually....I’m in Puerto Vallarta from Nov1st TIL April 1st! My wipers have 19000 miles on them and are basically brand new!! I have neve once use my windshield washers!!!

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase

Same here.

Join "S550 Mustangs NYC" on FB!

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual
I live in California in the baking sun, and only until i recently bought my house was the car garaged, so i replaced wipers every 4 months. (The sun would DESTROY them).
Sponsored