OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Still waiting on decent temps so I can do the GT front and rear brake install. My Velossa big mouth came in as well, so I'll be dealing with that (and modifying and installing the GT Upper grille I already bought) soon as well.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Well I need to get some pictures - when it hasn't been REALLY cold, it warms up and RAINS all day.

Ended up getting the LMR SVEGT350 wheels in 19x10 all the way around in black, wrapped in BFG GFORCE A/S 2 275/40/17.

Look, ride and handling is worth EVERY penny.

Also ended up with a significant discount through another deal and purchased a JLT Cold air intake for the car. Definitely picked up a bit on the bottom end. Will compare it to stock air box with AFe filter at the drag strip this spring and see what's what.

Also picked up a new factory temp spare kit from the local ads for $160. Well worth the piece of mind - I'm taking a road trip to AL on Friday.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
The first real modification I did to my car was a MBRP Street exhaust that I bought used from a local forum member. Of course it was meant for a GT - but bolted right up with zero issues. Actually sounded really good on the 3.7. Zero drone. The ONLY complaint I had - and it wasn't a big one - that it got loud and a bit raspy ONLY on close to WOT and WOT. Ended up getting two small 12" bullet style Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonators welded into the H-pipe this morning. The exhaust sounds AMAZING now. I've really got to get some drive by's and better video. Even my exhaust guy couldn't get over how it sounded. I did a drive by his shop and he and is guys (two of them own 5.0's) wanted to hear it. When I drove back up to the shop they couldn't believe how good it sounded.

Just another option for the V6 folks.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
The first real modification I did to my car was a MBRP Street exhaust that I bought used from a local forum member. Of course it was meant for a GT - but bolted right up with zero issues. Actually sounded really good on the 3.7. Zero drone. The ONLY complaint I had - and it wasn't a big one - that it got loud and a bit raspy ONLY on close to WOT and WOT. Ended up getting two small 12" bullet style Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonators welded into the H-pipe this morning. The exhaust sounds AMAZING now. I've really got to get some drive by's and better video. Even my exhaust guy couldn't get over how it sounded. I did a drive by his shop and he and is guys (two of them own 5.0's) wanted to hear it. When I drove back up to the shop they couldn't believe how good it sounded.

Just another option for the V6 folks.
Link to your exhaust video?

Sponsored

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Link to your exhaust video?
I need to figure out a way to get one. I'll do my best when I get some spare time (Still haven't had time to install my GT brake upgrade) and try to post it.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Mileage: 8800 miles. :D I like to drive.

Car is doing great. Will FINALLY get time and decent enough weather this week to HOPEFULLY install my GT brake upgrade front and rear.

Was hoping to hit the local 1/4 mile track for Test and Tune last Saturday but high winds and low temps cancelled the season opener. Hoping to be able to get out there this Saturday for Test and Tune but weather isn't looking all that good. Will likely be in the 30-40 degree range in the morning and I have to be somewhere else that afternoon. Figures.

I haven't forgotten those asking about an exhaust sound clip. I will try to get something this weekend when a buddy is coming over to the house.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Well so much for decent weather. It snowed on Monday. :doh:

Still waiting to get the GT brakes installed. In the meantime....

I'm working on scheduling a dyno session for the car, hopefully next week. I want to dyno the car with the STOCK tune, then flash the MPT 93 PRX tune and see what it's worth.

Also just ordered brand new upper and lower intake manifold and having it shipped directly to the place doing the porting. Will try to dyno, at the same place, after install.

The first Test and Tune that I'll be able to attend is likely going to be 3/31.

Will likely run it with the 275/40/19 BFG's on it. The Nitto drag radials I already had are only 245/45/17 and with my 3.55 gears would make me shift to 4th in the 1/4. Not to mention - drag radials. While I'm not putting down the power of a GT, I may start hunting a down a budget rear bias ply setup.

We'll see what it does on the BFG's.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Got a road trip coming up this weekend, so went ahead and did my 2nd oil change. Mobil 1 5w-20 and Wix XP filter (cheap if you buy a few at a time from RockAuto).

Mileage - @ 9400

I drained and changed the factory fill around 2200 miles. Also rotated my tires.

The one thing - literally only one - that I don't like about the 19x10 SVE square wheel set up? There isn't room for my hands to get inside the front wheel well during a wash, much less detail. So I clean and coated the wheel wells with some Aero 303.

Tried the zip loc baggie trick for the oil filter and it didn't work for me. Might go with that flex funnel for next time.

Hoping to squeeze in a dyno run this week but not sure at this point.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Just got the word. Scheduled for the dyno this Friday.
The plan is to dyno the car with stock tune and the current mods:

JLT intake, ported TB, shorty headers etc.

Then flash the MPT 93 Octane tune.

I also hope to datalog during the dyno pulls.

Will post results when done.

Sponsored

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Just got the word. Scheduled for the dyno this Friday.
The plan is to dyno the car with stock tune and the current mods:

JLT intake, ported TB, shorty headers etc.

Then flash the MPT 93 Octane tune.

I also hope to datalog during the dyno pulls.

Will post results when done.
Looking forward to this as it will be equal to what I have and what I can expect for a base line for my car.

Cheers :D

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Been swamped.
Took the car to two different dyno's actually. Waiting on dry weather to get a data log 3rd gear pull to MPT. Not going to post any numbers until we see what the tune update does. Just say that with shorty headers, 3" exhaust, JLT intake and the MPT 93 tune - I wasn't real thrilled with the results.

The second dyno session I ran it with the stock tune, then the MPT 93 tune. Will post dyno graphs etc after I get tune updates from MPT and go from there.

Scored a set of Steeda IRS braces for cheap locally, and will install those and the 2 pt Steeda front brace tomorrow night.

Test and tune Saturday.

Will try to keep everyone updated.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'm guessing you're seeing more like 285 instead of upper 290s? When are you expecting the ported intakes to come so you can get those in and tested?

Also interested in the difference you notice with the 2 point G-trac brace. Seems like a very simple install. I'm looking forward to getting sway bars in within the next two weeks hopefully and might go ahead and add that in as well.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I'll wait to post numbers. I'm hitting test and tune Saturday, so we'll see.

The ported intakes should be here 1st week of April (he stays busy and he told me upfront how long it would be - another point in his favor).

Got the Steeda IRS braces installed. Actually an easy install. No chance to to get any hard take offs in, but over bumps - especially during a turn - the rear end feels much more planted.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Hit the Test and Tune today. Was able to get a data log on a 1/4 mile run to send to MPT.

Needless to say - wheel hop reared its head and I won't be headed back to the track until I get a set of wheels and some track tires. Likely going 17x9 and getting a pair of 28x11.50x17 Mickey Thompson ET Street R bias ply tires.

Best run was a 13.8 at 102mph with a 2.1 60 ft time. Only made 4 runs.

That was slipping the clutch and easing into the gas off the line. Wheel hop on the 1-2 shift - where I let off then got back in it.

Needs tires - simple as that. With conditions, weather and numbers taken into account, with some traction I think the car is capable really low 13's - maybe close to 13 flat.

On another note - installed the Steeda 2 pt G brace (Front) after I got back from the track. Well worth the $80. Steering seems tighter and everything feels more solid over uneven / bumps in the road.

Looking to get rid of some of the stuff I have sitting around and try to get wheels and tires ordered for the track.

Waiting on MPT To respond as well.
Sponsored