OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
MPT responded today with an updated tune. Let me know it looks like I wasn't getting enough timing - might be related to gas quality. I've been running 93 octane from the same exact BP station since I got the tune. Looks like I'll be changing that up.

Loading the MPT 87 tune tonight for the first time. Headed out on a trip to FL...mine as well. Will try to get some MPG numbers. Going to pull the trigger on a pair of MT ET Street R bias (28x11.50x17) and a pair of 17x9 Bullitt knock off wheels once I'm back in town. Ported manifolds should be showing up late next week.

Will order the tires / wheels on Monday when I get back in town. 4/13 is a Friday night Test and Tune and 4/14 is a TNT at the other local track. Plan is to run with bias plys and current tune and then flash the updated tune and see where I'm at.

Hopefully that weekend I'll have the ported manifolds on hand and able to make time to get them installed.
Sponsored

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
MPT responded today with an updated tune. Let me know it looks like I wasn't getting enough timing - might be related to gas quality. I've been running 93 octane from the same exact BP station since I got the tune. Looks like I'll be changing that up.

Loading the MPT 87 tune tonight for the first time. Headed out on a trip to FL...mine as well. Will try to get some MPG numbers. Going to pull the trigger on a pair of MT ET Street R bias (28x11.50x17) and a pair of 17x9 Bullitt knock off wheels once I'm back in town. Ported manifolds should be showing up late next week.

Will order the tires / wheels on Monday when I get back in town. 4/13 is a Friday night Test and Tune and 4/14 is a TNT at the other local track. Plan is to run with bias plys and current tune and then flash the updated tune and see where I'm at.

Hopefully that weekend I'll have the ported manifolds on hand and able to make time to get them installed.
Where did you get the ported manifolds from?

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get the ported manifolds from?
Go to Facebook - search for Gigs Performance Engineering. He does a ton of LSx and other manifold porting. He's also the place that sells / ports the 77mm 3.7 Throttle Bodies on Ebay. Note : He doesn't have cores. I bought new upper and lower manifolds for @ $165 and had them shipped straight to him. He charged me $250 for the porting including return shipping.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Well I loaded the updated 93 PRX tune from MPT after sending in data logs from the 1/4 mile track and a 2nd gear and 3rd gear WOT pull. Was heading out EARLY the next morning and planning to run the 87 Octane tune since I was leaving for a 1800+ mile road trip....

I can definitely tell a difference with the updated 93 PRX tune. Ended up leaving it on for the trip. Managed almost 27mpg (gallons used / miles driven, not using the computer estimate). That was with an average speed over 70mph over 1850 miles.

Just ordered ET Street R bias tires and wheels for them. Will be hitting Test and Tune on Saturday - tied up on Friday and can't make it for that session as well.

Ported manifolds should be here soon as well.
wheels and tires.JPG

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Based on the MPT dyno chart, I figured your numbers might go to 300+ once you got the ported intakes in, but looking at some people's mods in a FB group I'm not so sure.

One guy said he has ported intakes, 80mm TB, headers (didn't say shorties or longtubes), catless 3" exhaust, and CAI for engine mods and got 294rwhp.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Based on the MPT dyno chart, I figured your numbers might go to 300+ once you got the ported intakes in, but looking at some people's mods in a FB group I'm not so sure.

One guy said he has ported intakes, 80mm TB, headers (didn't say shorties or longtubes), catless 3" exhaust, and CAI for engine mods and got 294rwhp.
I'm going back to the same dyno AFTER the ported intakes are installed and considering the updated MPT Tune - which will likely get updated again as I plan on hitting the track Sat and getting another data log and will data log again after ported intake install.

My numbers were on the low side of everything I've seen - unless people just don't share their numbers if it's low - LOL.

And I tested stock tune with shorty headers, 3" MBRP full cat back, JLT air intake. Then flashed 93 PRX tune (not my latest revision). I can tell you the gains were nowhere near what MPT Charts show - BUT to be fair, MPT did respond with a tune revision after getting my data logs. Apparently my car was pulling timing - so it might have been a octane / gas issue. I've changed up my 93 source from a local BP to a Sunoco. We shall see.

Again - I don't really care about the peak HP numbers from the dyno. I care about 1/4 mile ET and more importantly trap speed.

I am leaning towards having the car dyno tuned for my everyday driving. I care about torque and power gains in the low and mid range - where I will feel it and use it, when I drive it everyday. Then have another tune from MPT most likely - for the track.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Not to mention it might be a while before everything gets settled - considering that I have a replacement front bumper cover which should be here tomorrow. (Very minor damage to mine - only I can see it but it annoys me).

Have to drop that off to be painted.

When that's done I will then do the mesh / grille delete on the lower and upper GT Grilles I already have. At the same time I'll install my Velossa Big Mouth and the OEM foglights / harness / switch I already have.

Add to that I STILL have to install the GT brake upgrade front and rear and I decided to pull the trigger on a NON NAV Sync 3 upgrade - parts are on the way.

So yeah - might be a bit busy. But on the plus side, after all this is done - except for window tint and maybe a mild stereo upgrade - the car will be done as far as I'm concerned.

For now at least.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Based on what you said already, the tune revision felt better and hopefully the new gas is better. Most important is the feel of it all, can't wait until I actually go ahead and pull the trigger on putting my tune on.

Are you upgrading the rotors at the same time or sticking with the OEM ones?

Sync 3 will be a nice upgrade as well, that was my main disappointment with the car overall. How can a base Corolla have a better center stack than what we get.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Based on what you said already, the tune revision felt better and hopefully the new gas is better. Most important is the feel of it all, can't wait until I actually go ahead and pull the trigger on putting my tune on.

Are you upgrading the rotors at the same time or sticking with the OEM ones?

Sync 3 will be a nice upgrade as well, that was my main disappointment with the car overall. How can a base Corolla have a better center stack than what we get.
OEM replacement 14" rotors.

Didn't even realize I wanted Apple Car play until I drove a car recently with it....

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Got the ET Street R's mounted and balanced. Gonna weigh them in the morning before putting them on and going to the track.

Bumper cover came in as well. Can't believe how nice it is - brand new CAPA certified for $140 shipped via Amazon and it came freight.
et street r 1.JPG
et street r 2.JPG
bumper cover 1.JPG
bumper cover 2.JPG

Sponsored
OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Well I had an obligation on Saturday and it got moved up because of impending rain - so no time for Test and Tune on Saturday. Next up is Friday 4/27.

Going to drop off the bumper cover for paint on Wednesday - when it's done I can do my GT grilles (adding mesh) , fog lights and Velossa big mouth at the same time.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
This past weekend I got the OEM K brace and the smaller cowl brace extension installed. I can't believe the difference it made. Well worth the $ and it's ridiculously easy to install.

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got the GT front and rear brakes installed. The difference in braking is really eye opening. I love the way the black painted calipers disappear inside the wheels........

Poor Boys Natty Blue Wax is pretty damn nice too.......
DSCN7158.JPG
DSCN7160.JPG

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Just got the message, along with some pics, my ported upper and lower intake manifold are on the way. So hopefully I can get them installed next week.
ported manifold 1.jpg
ported manifold 2.jpg
ported manifold 3.jpg

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Well only 13 days later LOL

Got the ported upper and lower installed today. Surprised to actually feel a bit of different in the low/ mid range especially in 3rd gear from a lower rpm pull.

Straight forward install. TIP: Go ahead and drain the coolant before starting. Then just unbolt the thermostat housing (4 bolts) and leave all the hoses connected (Cover the belts with plastic) and you'll have enough slack to pull it off the lower intake manifold.

Hoping to install my replacement front bumper cover, mesh grilles (have to start cutting / making those tomorrow) , Velossa big mouth and my OEM fog light setup.

My Sync 3 swap harness should be here this week - really hoping to get that done soon.

Hoping to hit Test and Tune Friday weather permitting - put the wheels and ET Street R bias tires I have to use finally....
Sponsored