Sponsored

2ND FIX FOR SEATS BACK COOLING

xmodem240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT premium auto
Question, how do you remove the seat cover? I tried to do this on my mustang and have the cooling mod but when i tried it felt like there was something holding it to the foam and didnt want to rip or damage the foam when i pulled up to roll it up.
Sponsored

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT350 Tech Pack, 2011 Mustang Racecar, 2011 Raptor
on the left side it seems the foam may have some adhesive. I pulled mine up last night and got this done in about 4 hours (though taking my time). When I pulled mine up it ripped the back foam slightly (which is fine since that area is unseen and I glued the foam back in place, just a little 1/2"x1" piece)

A recommendation is to not flip the seat cover inside out as you pull it up as it may encourage wrinkles/aging of the material.

OP
OP

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Done the passenger seat today!

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 magnetic Mustang GT premium non performance p
Wow, 2017 GT Premium PP here with 2500 miles and zero seat back cooling. I didn't even realize the seat backs were supposed to cool! This hasn't worked since day 1.
Same here I did not realize the back of the seats were supposed to cool too one of my complaints I had with the seat Cooling

law242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Subscribing, need to learn how to get the leather up to do this

Sponsored

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Subscribing, need to learn how to get the leather up to do this
Go find the “cooled seats not cooling” thread with over 1000 posts in problems and issues sub forum. There are instructions there...tons of info... the guy “darko” seems to of quit the business of making parts. I got a set before he stopped.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Go find the “cooled seats not cooling” thread with over 1000 posts in problems and issues sub forum. There are instructions there...tons of info... the guy “darko” seems to of quit the business of making parts. I got a set before he stopped.

Same... Sadly even his site is completely gone. There's a guy/company still doing them for the F150 seats and appear to have a similar design though.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB, Manual, PP, Navi, 201a etc.
Same... Sadly even his site is completely gone. There's a guy/company still doing them for the F150 seats and appear to have a similar design though.
is there a link to him selling it?

Sponsored

law242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
agreed its a bit pricey, wish our friend would sell them again

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
agreed its a bit pricey, wish our friend would sell them again
Supply and demand. Monopolies suck.

Ford sells so many F150s, there are probably enough owners who will pay that to max out his capacity to make them.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just an FYI

I'm not sure if Ford has changed the design of the Mustang TED, the TED's associated parts, the programming for the TED's output or the design of the seat upholstery (or underlayment) - but I can say that the heated/cooling seats in my new 2018 are far superior to those that were in my 2016...

They definitely feel more powerful and the air (both hot and cold) comes through the seats more so, as if it's not restricted as much anymore.

You folks may want to check into the part #'s and possible "As Built" data for the 2018 TEDs vs the 2015-2017.