Not open for further replies.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
You're not wrong. But you use facts/logical. Not even going to bother with MG because you can tell he's oblivious to this stuff.

And yes any average consumer is going to see head to head they pick the Camaro over the Mustang due to just how much it improved. Like the magazines said it's a whole new level of car and has set a very high bar.

Again, I'm not biased to Ford though I prefer Ford and I know when the competition is just doing better/putting out a superior product/hitting it out of the park.

GM delivered in spades on the Camaro. Ford hit a double on the Mustang. When they come out with the refresh, I believe that will be the S550 we should have had at launch with the higher end tech, better transmission, lighter car, better suspension, tighter front look.

I think Chevy catered to their die hards first...
Completely disagree with your statement/opinion. All of the 122k owners here in the US and Canada would agree with me, too.

The 6G Mustang is leaps and bounds better vs. 5G Mustang. Since it is not as fast as the 6G Camaro, you state GM delivered in spades? Really?

Your statements are funny and how you word them. You speak as if you speak factually on every topic. Sorry, you don't. Why would Ford put everything they possibly could in the new 6G at its initial release? When have they ever done that on a Mustang? Each model year, there are improvements of some kind, no matter how small. Seems like Ford knew what they were doing, huh?

Go buy a freaking car for crying out loud and quit spewing your drivel as fact. Oh that's right, you are waiting for the next model year release, then the next model year release, then the next one and so on and so forth.

I think I have found another person to add to the ignore list. Getting 2016 started off on the right foot.:ford:
Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
What did you get on the 2.0 to put it right at 40K?
2LT, RS, Auto, Nav, Sunroof, and Lighting and Convenience. Came out to $38,435 which is actually less than I remember from a week ago. I think I optioned it the same but I'm a few beers in at this point. I know what you're thinking, but don't judge me because it's Friday night here right now.

Upon further review I do not know I would order the Lighting and Convenience package, but I would want to.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Completely disagree with your statement/opinion. All of the 122k owners here in the US and Canada would agree with me, too.

The 6G Mustang is leaps and bounds better vs. 5G Mustang. Since it is not as fast as the 6G Camaro, you state GM delivered in spades? Really?

Your statements are funny and how you word them. You speak as if you speak factually on every topic. Sorry, you don't. Why would Ford put everything they possibly could in the new 6G at its initial release? When have they ever done that on a Mustang? Each model year, there are improvements of some kind, no matter how small. Seems like Ford knew what they were doing, huh?

Go buy a freaking car for crying out loud and quit spewing your drivel as fact. Oh that's right, you are waiting for the next model year release, then the next model year release, then the next one and so on and so forth.

I think I have found another person to add to the ignore list. Getting 2016 started off on the right foot.:ford:
I know you're as much team Mustang as I am but realistically you are spot on. I feel like Ford hit a grand slam while Chevy played it safer with a sacrifice fly. The M6G is a completely different car than the one it replaced and was truly a gamble by Ford that paid off in an overwhelmingly successful fashion. There is still talk against the M6G by other generation owners and yet is sold over 120,000 units this year. If you don't find that impressive there is a log off button in the upper right hand corner of your browser window. Chevy put the same car out with better performance and not seeing that is simply avoiding the truth. Only enthusiast will see a difference in between the 5th and 6th Gen and only time will tell if that is a winning combination.

Regardless of your impression of the 6th Gen, to downplay the success of the S550 is just purely hating.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
2LT, RS, Auto, Nav, Sunroof, and Lighting and Convenience. Came out to $38,435 which is actually less than I remember from a week ago. I think I optioned it the same but I'm a few beers in at this point. I know what you're thinking, but don't judge me because it's Friday night here right now.

Upon further review I do not know I would order the Lighting and Convenience package, but I would want to.
No judgement here. I wish it were Friday night here too hahaha. So if you take the L&C out, the difference is not that big honestly. Is it more expensive? Yes, the Camaro has always been more expensive. But it also has a few more things tacked on.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
I know you're as much team Mustang as I am but realistically you are spot on. I feel like Ford hit a grand slam while Chevy played it safer with a sacrifice fly. The M6G is a completely different car than the one it replaced and was truly a gamble by Ford that paid off in an overwhelmingly successful fashion. There is still talk against the M6G by other generation owners and yet is sold over 120,000 units this year. If you don't find that impressive there is a log off button in the upper right hand corner of your browser window. Chevy put the same car out with better performance and not seeing that is simply avoiding the truth. Only enthusiast will see a difference in between the 5th and 6th Gen and only time will tell if that is a winning combination.

Regardless of your impression of the 6th Gen, to downplay the success of the S550 is just purely hating.
Can't we both agree that both GM and Ford hit a mutha fu**ing grand slam. I mean come on guys. Both cars are brand spanking new platforms. Both cars compete or beat some of Europe's finest for half the cost. Both cars look great. This is seriously the best time to be a car guy/gal. 0-60 in the 3s, 1/4 mile times in the low 12s, high 11s out of the showroom? Freaking amazing!!!!!!:cheers::cheers:

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
No judgement here. I wish it were Friday night here too hahaha. So if you take the L&C out, the difference is not that big honestly. Is it more expensive? Yes, the Camaro has always been more expensive. But it also has a few more things tacked on.
Yeah taking that out is only a little over $1,000 but personally I cannot justify the expense. I just wish Ford would build the Mustang with a sunroof.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT

Really don't think anyone is downplaying the M6G success though, are they?

To say the 6th Gen Camaro is the same is also not giving credit where credit is due. The 6th Gen looks very similar to the 5th, but in person it's actually a fair bit different. Similar to the early '05-09 S197 to the redesign in '10. The weight difference, apparent handling gain, and new powertrain are very impressive. The Mustang stayed weight neutral, drastic handling upgrade, and slightly upgraded powertrain (stock, much better when modded due to better cams and internals). I agree with the gamble statements, and from a business standpoint I agree that it will be better.

But I also don't really care about sales, and think it's kind of pointless. If the Challenger is staying alive, I don't see how anyone can really be concerned about sales killing a vehicle line. Also it's not like it unlocks more power to the powertrain, and actually makes your car less unique lol.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Yeah taking that out is only a little over $1,000 but personally I cannot justify the expense. I just wish Ford would build the Mustang with a sunroof.
Oh yeah, take out the sunroof too. They are very very very close in price when you compare apples to apples.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Can't we both agree that both GM and Ford hit a mutha fu**ing grand slam. I mean come on guys. Both cars are brand spanking new platforms. Both cars compete or beat some of Europe's finest for half the cost. Both cars look great. This is seriously the best time to be a car guy/gal. 0-60 in the 3s, 1/4 mile times in the low 12s, high 11s out of the showroom? Freaking amazing!!!!!!:cheers::cheers:
My opinion is Chevy played it safe. I can see why the opposite camp see otherwise, as I'm not blind, but personally my interpretation is different. I won't downplay the performance as it is impressive but the car itself is just an old wrapping on a "new" car. Similar to how the 2011 was not a new Mustang but (to me) is the equivalent of the 6th Gen, more performance in an existing car.

I understand it is in fact a new chassis but it does not look like it, so it is a new wrapping on an existing car. I can accept differing opinions, but that is mine.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I agree totally. I just get tired of his comments:frusty::tsk::D

Both Ford and GM or GM and Ford, did an amazing job. The performance and price point of these 2 vehicles is amazing. I have said this before, we are living in the 64-69 era all over again but in 2015/2016.

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Really don't think anyone is downplaying the M6G success though, are they?

To say the 6th Gen Camaro is the same is also not giving credit where credit is due. The 6th Gen looks very similar to the 5th, but in person it's actually a fair bit different. Similar to the early '05-09 S197 to the redesign in '10. The weight difference, apparent handling gain, and new powertrain are very impressive. The Mustang stayed weight neutral, drastic handling upgrade, and slightly upgraded powertrain (stock, much better when modded due to better cams and internals). I agree with the gamble statements, and from a business standpoint I agree that it will be better.

But I also don't really care about sales, and think it's kind of pointless. If the Challenger is staying alive, I don't see how anyone can really be concerned about sales killing a vehicle line. Also it's not like it unlocks more power to the powertrain, and actually makes your car less unique lol.
Apparently you don't read Spartans posts for the last 6 months and honestly I don't blame you. I actually find it very similar to the 2011 Mustang, which is still the same generation as the 2010, hence my last post. It's an opinion but it is there.

Oh yeah, take out the sunroof too. They are very very very close in price when you compare apples to apples.
I don't see why people work so hard to get apples to apples comparisons sometimes. I wouldn't order the 6th Gen without a sunroof so I cannot take it out. It is what it is and at the end of the day I will enjoy my EB as much as you enjoy your SS. I truly wish I liked the 6th Gen more but it just isn't in the cards.

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Why can't people just drive the cars they love without worrying about the other guys...
Because people love getting tribal over everything:

Blacks vs. Whites
Homosexuals vs. Heterosexuals
Bloods vs. Crips
Xbox vs. PlayStation
iOS vs. Android
The Cowboys vs. The NFL

...and of course....

Mustang vs. Camaro

People love picking sides and fighting.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
But I also don't really care about sales, and think it's kind of pointless. If the Challenger is staying alive, I don't see how anyone can really be concerned about sales killing a vehicle line.
Do you remember the 1984-2007 Challenger or the 2003 -2009 Camaro?
Because that's what happens when a car doesn't sell.
The Chally is on life support right now, the reason it's still on that ancient platform is that FIAT/Chrysler is so f'ed up right now they cant even make a decision to kill it (again) or not. The sales volume doesn't support investing in a new one and as long as some people are willing to buy enough of them to break even, it's doing better than the rest of the company.

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
Because people love getting tribal over everything:

Blacks vs. Whites
Homosexuals vs. Heterosexuals
Bloods vs. Crips
Xbox vs. PlayStation
iOS vs. Android
The Cowboys vs. The NFL

...and of course....

Mustang vs. Camaro

People love picking sides and fighting.
thats true,mine is
1.cowboys
2.playstation
3.mustang over the CRAPMARO from Garbage Motors.:cheers::ford:

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
I don't see why people work so hard to get apples to apples comparisons sometimes. I wouldn't order the 6th Gen without a sunroof so I cannot take it out. It is what it is and at the end of the day I will enjoy my EB as much as you enjoy your SS. I truly wish I liked the 6th Gen more but it just isn't in the cards.
Well then its hard to say that the Camaro is so much more expensive if you would order it with options that the Mustang does not have.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.