Sponsored

How many have ordered and still waiting?

Brutane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350,14 Silverado, 14 suburban, 77 bandit T/A
My dealer called regional manager and ford performance on Friday. Was told my car wouldn't arrive until April. This is based on allocations for the region and number received per month. That's a 9 month wait.
Sponsored

IA350

Ruby Voodoo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT, 2017 GT350
That's crazy. I ordered at end of May and haven't heard crap yet. I dont mind waiting during winter but April. C'mon Ford! Are you in Midwest region?

Brutane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's crazy. I ordered at end of May and haven't heard crap yet. I dont mind waiting during winter but April. C'mon Ford! Are you in Midwest region?
Yep. Midwest. About a hour away from flat rock. :shrug:

D.DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 TECH 1982 Corvette
Mine was built on my birthday, 10/16. Dealer has been telling me for over two weeks now in transit, any day could arrive. Every time I ask for details they tell me to be patient.

Brutane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crazy how it takes forever to get a car delivered. Unbelievable

Sponsored

SinisterX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche grey
My dealer called regional manager and ford performance on Friday. Was told my car wouldn't arrive until April. This is based on allocations for the region and number received per month. That's a 9 month wait.
Good thing is , it won't see the salty roads on delivery in the winter I guess. I haven't gotten a build date either and I ordered 8/5/15. At this point I hope after winter it comes also.

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
I ordered in september I think, and it's being delivered next week [emoji3]

Brutane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered in september I think, and it's being delivered next week [emoji3]
Hshhaaha. I'll be damned if I know how it works. Guess you are one of the lucky ones.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hopefully you see some traction soon, I have a build date and jlwdvm does as well I believe. Vins are up in the 2500 range already so they are starting to move things along.

Sponsored

SinisterX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order timing apparently has no effect

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Order timing apparently has no effect
None at all, it has everything to do with allocation priority. Total allocations are based on past mustang sales, so in guessing build priority is decided by the regional reps in a similar manner. Basically the smaller the dealer the longer you will likely wait. My order went in early June and I'm a mid January build, small dealer with one allocation. Might be a few exceptions here and there but no real pattern in those occurrences

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
None at all, it has everything to do with allocation priority. Total allocations are based on past mustang sales, so in guessing build priority is decided by the regional reps in a similar manner. Basically the smaller the dealer the longer you will likely wait. My order went in early June and I'm a mid January build, small dealer with one allocation. Might be a few exceptions here and there but no real pattern in those occurrences
Also, the dealers that win the Presidents Award get priority. My dealer won and my order got processed almost instantly.

SinisterX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both reasons make sense I guess. They said initially it was a 12 week wait. Positive out of it is I had time to add the track pack that I initially didn't want.

OP
OP
Rogue

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Do you have any other details? Was your car produced? Did you get a VIN? any progress at all from last August?
Sponsored