Sponsored

How many '17 R's have been built or scheduled?

OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I ordered as soon as they confirmed the allocation with the zone rep, which was the first week of April. I guess the allocation was pulled sometime this week.
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Mine was officially allocated to the system aug. 11th, so mine could be this year or next. Im not worried about either as if it comes in october it would need to be put away for winter.

Last edited:

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Wow lucky guys + good news for your R orders! When were your R's originally submitted and allocation pulled?
My DORA was dated 7/11. Scheduled for production week of 9/12

60 days doesn't seem too bad. :cheers:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Jim, will there be an earlier shut down this year compared to last year for the R model production??

If history repeats itself I suggest that the last 2017 R model to be assembled with be ~ Monday, November 21st.

It is my understanding that the last 2016 R model built before shutting down production last year until March 2016 was Monday, November 23rd with only ~50 units built up until that time.

My 2016 was scheduled for Tuesday, November 24th which obviously did not happen and got pushed out to mid March 2016.

I ordered my car in early July 2015 and had a VOC that same day with a VIN assigned in early August so it was a long 10 month wait for my car but all that went away real soon once I took delivery.

Obviously it is difficult to be patient waiting for your GT350/GT350R's to be built but it looks like Ford is well ahead of last years production schedule so by Thanksgiving Week many of you will have your R models just in time for a cruise on Turkey Day!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sorry Harry, didn't see your post until now.
I mentioned late october because the last of the R's were delivered in nov last year. I'm certain it wouldnt go much later than that. Yes, we would still be much farther along than '16 MY even if they stopped production today. Going off the latest numbers regarding production since start of '17 MY, i estimate 250 R's being built

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I ordered as soon as they confirmed the allocation with the zone rep, which was the first week of April. I guess the allocation was pulled sometime this week.
Hmmm CMIIW but could it be that back in April your R was likely pulled for allocation and then this week it's now scheduled for production? So in between April and now, yours was on UMH. I think... :D

Mine was officially allocated to the system aug. 11th, so mine could be this year or next. Im not worried about either as if it comes in october it would need to be put away for winter.
Yeah no rush. I say the same... 7/19 here when it was submitted and then 7/29 allocated into the system... and now the ensuing UMH. :headbonk:

Sponsored

OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Hmmm CMIIW but could it be that back in April your R was likely pulled for allocation and then this week it's now scheduled for production? So in between April and now, yours was on UMH. I think... :D
I thought the allocation being pulled meant when they schedule it?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I have no idea, my dealer emailed me and said my allocation had been put on the desk and awaiting being pulled. Don't know what that means, but i enjoy having you other guys get excited. You southern guys need to get them next so you can actually enjoy them over the winter. The journey is the most fun, why wish it over quick ;)

VoodooV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Ordered mine in Early June, built and waiting for pick up at dealer since Friday.

2017 Grabber Blue w/ OTT black stripes.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor

Sponsored

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
looks even better on the car. ;-)
IMG_5646 (1).jpg

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I thought the allocation being pulled meant when they schedule it?
Not that I know of... afaik the allocation being pulled means (that sometime after your order was successfully submitted even w/ a DORA) you were then successfully allocated one locked as an R in the system. And then it stays as Unscheduled Clean.... or like many R's, it'll be Unscheduled Material Hold. This is where many R's can sit from 1 month to 6 months (I hope not!).

So then it'll eventually be pulled for production as- Scheduled, Clean... which I'm thinking yours is now since you're scheduled for a specific target production week.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Not that I know of... afaik the allocation being pulled means (that sometime after your order was successfully submitted even w/ a DORA) you were then successfully allocated one locked as an R in the system. And then it stays as Unscheduled Clean.... or like many R's, it'll be Unscheduled Material Hold. This is where many R's can sit from 1 month to 6 months (I hope not!).

So then it'll eventually be pulled for production as- Scheduled, Clean... which I'm thinking yours is now since you're scheduled for a specific target production week.

people use these terms differently which can cause a lot of confusion. generally, amongst dealer ordering folks and Ford reps, getting 'pulled' means getting scheduled. It's possible that after being scheduled, a material hold can arise. It's all pretty confusing, especially with the manual nature of scheduling for the R's. I was a factory rep many moons ago and ran a big portion of the US distribution system and it's still kinda confusing to me. lol.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Sometimes it's still Greek or Chinese or Jibberish to me.... :D

We all just want 1! gRrrrrrrr :headbonk:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
So, i was suprised when my dealer emailed me last week and told me "i have some good news, the reps got us allocated"
To me, when i put the order in and they told me they had an allocation in april and i ordered may 2nd, i thought that actually ment that since i ordered it was sitting in the system waiting to be pulled but in fact it was sitting in the system waiting to be allocated. Now that i do have allocation, now it can be pulled, which is usually 1 to 2 months it seems, so that would put me past the fall cut off. Which would most likely be a march build.

Confusing stuff man!
Sponsored