Sponsored

Solo Performance GT exhaust systems review - updated with photos/videos

Which Solo Performance version do you have?

• Mach XV

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Mach Thunder

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Street Race

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Axleback

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • other (with header, H-pipe, etc..)

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY
I will call Monday and see about getting the XV muffler. I drove it quite a while today and while at certain rpms and load conditions the sound quite pleasing, most of the tme it is just too much for me. It has to come off.
I did the same, had the Thunder for a week, but although the sound was pleasing, it was just a little too loud for my taste. So I had it swapped back to the Mach-XV (which I had already before)...

Saying that, 2 of my local friends (toplessfun and assclown here) were holding their heads in disbelief when I told them about it. One of them has the Thunder, the other one has the Street Race and there is no way either of them would ever go down on volume. So it really is personal preference...
Sponsored

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
You can't argue with topless fun and assclown.

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
So the Mach-XV sounds like the way to go I don't like loud just deep rumble.

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Got one of my Mach Thunder boxes today, tracking said they were both to be delivered today, but only got one, so I guess I have to wait until at least Monday for the 2nd one....sigh

BOSS5L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible TY 401A 20"
Mach XV...

My car was also one of the prototype cars and has had a few versions since March when the snow melted. None of the earlier systems passed the Wife Test but the Mach XV does. I am very pleased. Love the stainless tips and how they line-up perfectly. Mine is a convertible and the pipes thread through the extra brackets with lots of clearance (a challenge with 3" pipes). I did adjust the J-Pipes to move the loudest point to a higher RPM that I do not cruise at on the highway; it was really easy to do and the effect was obvious.

Sponsored

rainier446

Professional Amateur Tech
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW GT/PP
Got one of my Mach Thunder boxes today, tracking said they were both to be delivered today, but only got one, so I guess I have to wait until at least Monday for the 2nd one....sigh
My mach thunder only came in one box...weird

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
My car was also one of the prototype cars and has had a few versions since March when the snow melted. None of the earlier systems passed the Wife Test but the Mach XV does. I am very pleased. Love the stainless tips and how they line-up perfectly. Mine is a convertible and the pipes thread through the extra brackets with lots of clearance (a challenge with 3" pipes). I did adjust the J-Pipes to move the loudest point to a higher RPM that I do not cruise at on the highway; it was really easy to do and the effect was obvious.
Nice. I have the same car you do. I may have to ask for particulars in adjusting the j-tube to hit that perfect pitch while cruising.

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can't argue with topless fun and assclown.
Hahaha... I actually did, I have changed back to the Mach-XV. BTW, Toplessfun obviously has a convertible, hence the name (the yellow convertible in the Thunder and Street Race Solo videos). I'm not sure about where the Assclown nick came from...

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did adjust the J-Pipes to move the loudest point to a higher RPM that I do not cruise at on the highway; it was really easy to do and the effect was obvious.
Can you tell us about the adjustment process, I'm very curious about that. I have never touched mine, works fine as came from Solo, but would like to know how it goes...

I assume you first marked the original setup points, then moved the J-pipes in or out. How much adjustment was needed, have you adjusted both side the same way or differently, have you done both side at once, or first one side, then the other, etc...

Sponsored

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Can you tell us about the adjustment process, I'm very curious about that. I have never touched mine, works fine as came from Solo, but would like to know how it goes...

I assume you first marked the original setup points, then moved the J-pipes in or out. How much adjustment was needed, have you adjusted both side the same way or differently, have you done both side at once, or first one side, then the other, etc...
From their instructions which you likely did not get because they did your install and heck probably did not even have written up yet.

"...just undo the top band clamp of the J-Pipe ( at the end cap ) and move in or out ½”. Determining which direction gives the best results and then do
further adjustments in ¼” increments. Both J-pipes must be adjusted evenly."

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
My XV came in 2. Sturdy damn boxes I might add.
Same here. The packing is excellent and the boxes are very strong. In another life I worked in a cardboard factory, and these boxes are the same strength as boxes we made designed to ship ammunition.

If anyone has a worry about shipment damage for these systems...don't. They arrived in pristine condition.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
From their instructions which you likely did not get because they did your install and heck probably did not even have written up yet.

"...just undo the top band clamp of the J-Pipe ( at the end cap ) and move in or out ½”. Determining which direction gives the best results and then do
further adjustments in ¼” increments. Both J-pipes must be adjusted evenly."
Yeah we know that already. Just wanted to get his experience in which way, how much, etc. Since I also have a convertible, I might as well benefit from his findings and get them set correctly the first time. Won't know if it's what I want until I get out on the freeway at a good cruising speed.

Experience always trumps printed instructions! :first:

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Yeah we know that already. Just wanted to get his experience in which way, how much, etc. Since I also have a convertible, I might as well benefit from his findings and get them set correctly the first time. Won't know if it's what I want until I get out on the freeway at a good cruising speed.

Experience always trumps printed instructions! :first:
Agreed

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Throw me in line for the particulars on adjustments. I was hoping to play with it this weekend. I didn't get around to contacting solo for tips.

Highway at over 65 is rough for me if any throttle is required to maintain speed (hope that make sense). Conversations and music become very strained, when the road begins to tilt up, drone sets in and can be brutal.

I'm sure a few slight adjustments can help
Sponsored