Sponsored

Poor Sirius reception?

mjribeiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Sierra HD, 15 Acadia, 21 Aviator, 10 Explorer
I currently have 3 cars with Sirius/XM and I've come to learn all the local spots that block the reception. My new mustang loses it's connections in all of them, but at least twice as many more. It was so bad at first I thought there may be a loose connection, but I soon realized it was always at the same spots. One is on a major highway with absolutely no overpass or building in sight.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Sponsored

notstok5.0

IG: notstok5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT
Vehicle Showcase
This probably won't help, but I had the exact opposite experience. In our Subaru we consistently lost reception in 3 spots, and if the weather was bad about 5. I almost never lose reception in the mustang, even in bad weather or under overpasses.

Maybe it's the position of the antenna in the convertible, though?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
My fastback has very good reception. Better than my Toyota in my garage.

OP
OP
mjribeiro

mjribeiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Sierra HD, 15 Acadia, 21 Aviator, 10 Explorer
Hmm - I have 2 GMCs that have great reception......

Is the convertible antennae different than the coupe?

Special50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th Anniversary Special Edition
I've owned a few cars with Sirius and they all sound like shit, compared to HD radio or just streaming from my phone. In Northern California driving through tree lined streets makes it cut in and out, its ridiculous. Although sometimes it works in parking structures. Its so weird, I mean it doesn't work going under an overpass for a split second. :frusty:

Sponsored

DaleH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost 50 Anniversary Convertible
My convertible gets better XM reception than my 2004 Acura; don't have the same dead spot areas. Not to say I don't occasionally get them in the Mustang, just not as frequently; I'd expect improvement over the last decade!

mitchswy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Oxford White
I currently have 3 cars with Sirius/XM and I've come to learn all the local spots that block the reception. My new mustang loses it's connections in all of them, but at least twice as many more. It was so bad at first I thought there may be a loose connection, but I soon realized it was always at the same spots. One is on a major highway with absolutely no overpass or building in sight.

Anyone else experiencing this?
I have noticed my Mustang's Sirius radio loses it's connection more often than the 2012 Charger I had.

mbaran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Here for the same issue. Just picked up a 2016 GT Premium hard top.

It cuts more than any car I've ever owned, combined.

6 lane road, nothing covering, clear skies. Acquiring signal.

Has anyone successfully gotten ford to fix this? My dealer said they checked it and it was fine.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I've noticed XM radios get better than Sirius radios. It may be due to the satellites used by Sirius versus the ones XM launched.

I miss my XM Radio. Ever since Sirius bought them the audio quality is now no longer the CD-quality it used to be, and the playlists they use are shorter.

mbaran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
XM has terrestrial repeaters, but even compared to my fiancées 2014 focus with MFT this mustang is awful.

I wonder if it's related to sync 3 and the replay feature that it has for Sirius.

Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I think the Sirius reception sounds like crap and I definitely won't be renewing the subscription. Streaming Pandora or Spotify and the HD radio is way better. I love listening to my music and it just sounds terrible on Sirius. I had it years ago and did not have this problem at all. Very disappointing as I do have a good laugh listening to Howard Stern in the mornings. The sports broadcasts sound like they are coming in on a tin can and a string. I can't listen to it as its so annoying.

mbaran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't even mind the tin can sound, as long as it didn't cut out continuously.

Too bad SiriusXM wants $14 a month for smartphone only listening.

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
XM has terrestrial repeaters, but even compared to my fiancées 2014 focus with MFT this mustang is awful.

I wonder if it's related to sync 3 and the replay feature that it has for Sirius.
My reception is God awful as well. Maybe it's the the sync 3 or the antenna is terrible (tough to believe because my HD Radio get great reception) but my grand Cherokee had the replay feature and the reception was stellar.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I wouldnt care if it was free but I refuse to pay for shitty sound.

mbaran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
This continues to baffle me.

I drove the car through a 1/2 mile long tunnel under an airport runway (LAX) and it did not cut out for even 1 millisecond.

5 minutes later it cut out 2 times in a row with nothing but blue skies overhead.
Sponsored