Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2014 FR500 CobraJet
Update? i keep checking back to see you put the R in action.

please let us know when you pick it up today and first impressions.
Just drove it back to work. First impressions:

Handling: superb. Balanced, agile, responsive. Car goes exactly where the steering points it. Feels lighter than it is.

Engine: too early to tell. It is very smooth and eager to rev.

Sound: delightful. Even better than it sounds in the videos. Italian V12 meets American big-displacement V8.

Brakes: damn. Strong, linear, noiseless. Perfect.

Ride: in normal mode, stiff for a street car, but not harsh -- high spring rates coupled with soft damping. I will try it in track mode to see whether the spring rates match the shocks, which is what I suspect. Either way it's fine for street driving.

Interior: shockingly quiet when you aren't on the gas. Very easy to cruise at 80mph. Seat is comfy for my 5'9" 175# config. No complaints.
Sponsored

pete613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
Congrats! Saw your post on Instagram yesterday as well. So awesome, great cars and a great passion and a wife who loves it as much as you! Life goals right there!

Ponycar2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guar Metallic V6 w 051A pkg and 6spd manual
Just drove it back to work. First impressions:

Handling: superb. Balanced, agile, responsive. Car goes exactly where the steering points it. Feels lighter than it is.

Engine: too early to tell. It is very smooth and eager to rev.

Sound: delightful. Even better than it sounds in the videos. Italian V12 meets American big-displacement V8.

Brakes: damn. Strong, linear, noiseless. Perfect.

Ride: in normal mode, stiff for a street car, but not harsh -- high spring rates coupled with soft damping. I will try it in track mode to see whether the spring rates match the shocks, which is what I suspect. Either way it's fine for street driving.

Interior: shockingly quiet when you aren't on the gas. Very easy to cruise at 80mph. Seat is comfy for my 5'9" 175# config. No complaints.

All sounds amazing. Mustangs have been my favorite car ever since I was wee lad. A Shelby is my dream car.
If you don't mind me asking what do you do and how do you do it? Lol. Any and all advice is always appreciated!
Sounds like you're extremely blessed and that's awesome you're sharing your excitement with the rest of us! That goes for anyone else posting pics and impressions of the GT350. Bring em on!

richtor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Ben is highly skilled and highly intelligent, admin position in a very well known IT company. He would have done well and excelled at any advanced tech company!

Sponsored

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
If you don't mind me asking what do you do and how do you do it? Lol. Any and all advice is always appreciated!
An easy Google internet search would reveal all! ;) :hail: :cheers:

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Every forum Ben posts on, this answer always arises. Never fails to be hilarious. :lol::lol:

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Judging by the toys some have on this forum it is obvious there is a wide range of disposable income amongst members. Except for ADM, this just reinforces my feeling of kudos galore to Ford again for making a high performance Mustang affordable to those of us not so well off.

OP
OP
treynor

treynor

Techie and Track Rat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2014 FR500 CobraJet
OK, quick addendum - I tried 'track mode' on my way home, and now the R makes perfect sense. It's a track car with a license plate. The stiff spring rates, which are bouncy in normal mode, are matched with the shock dampening rates in track mode, and the car feels of a piece.

Plus the exhaust gets hella loud and burbly in track mode :-D

Sponsored

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Ironically a bing search works as well. Not that I would ever use bing. Just saying!

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Ironically a bing search works as well. Not that I would ever use bing. Just saying!

you. stop doing what you're doing.

DruidBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
OK, quick addendum - I tried 'track mode' on my way home, and now the R makes perfect sense. It's a track car with a license plate. The stiff spring rates, which are bouncy in normal mode, are matched with the shock dampening rates in track mode, and the car feels of a piece.

Plus the exhaust gets hella loud and burbly in track mode :-D
Okay here's some questions for ya..

Where does the 350R fit in your collection? I mean literally, which cars will be keeping it company lol.

Where does it fit performance wise? Track only or are we going to see/hear you cruising Mountain View in it (I'm local Btw)?

How's the exhaust note compare to the 599 GTO?
Sponsored