Sponsored

nitrous

16COEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Does anyone on here use nitrous on the eco cars? Been reading alot, haven't seen anyone mention it. I have been using dry kits on fox bodies for about 8 years with alot of luck. Just have to have a source to add fuel, which in those cars is the regulator. These cars being direct injection, the same principal doesn't really apply. There's no maf to spray through either. I have read about an air sensor after the intercooler? I'm not thinking anything absurd, just like 35-50 hit, maybe cool things off a little. I already have the kit and alot of the accessories from the fox I'm parting since I bought my ecoboost last week.
Sponsored

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
You can max the factory turbo system out with a little E30 and an intercooler, adding nitrous to the mix is just asking for trouble in my opinion. You create a huge amount of exhaust energy which could potentially damage this already struggling turbo. You will get some power out of it because of the increased burn assist but again, not worth it.

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Your best bet is going to be by adding a wet kit with a stand alone fuel cell. Nitrous Express has a pretty neat fuel cell that mounts in place of the battery and is all self contained (high flow internal fuel pump and external regulator).

http://www.lethalperformance.com/ni...el-tank-with-internal-pump-and-regulator.html

That tank would be something that you use in conjunction with one of their nitrous kits that can be found here:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...-l-accessories-1/nitrous-kits/nitrous-express

The only other thing you have to worry about is the amount you spray as you will be creating a lot of cylinder pressure and torque for the stock rods, more so than just by adding more boost.

If any of this seems like a viable option for you, feel free to contact us!

Thanks.

OP
OP

16COEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Interesting. How would the ecu account for the extra air?

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
I know u guys HATE hearing this because i know this isnt an SRT but an SRT turbo is smaller than ours and I picked up a good amount of power on that baby mitsu turbo. Also i ran a dry shot WITH A TUNE on c16

Sponsored

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. How would the ecu account for the extra air?
That's the point of the wet kit, you are introducing the extra fuel via the stand alone fuel system. As long as you use the proper jets to get the right nitrous/fuel mixture, your tuner will just need to calibrate timing to go along with the extra load, depending on the size shot you run.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i got tired of dealing with wet shots and and the extra plumbing. Plus if you keep it under 100 on a FI car and 150ish on a N/A car u should be good with a tune on very good fuel. Plus when it comes time for warranty work a dry shot is super easy to take on and off.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll be doing a dry shot on c16 in a couple months so stay tuned

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
i got tired of dealing with wet shots and and the extra plumbing. Plus if you keep it under 100 on a FI car and 150ish on a N/A car u should be good with a tune on very good fuel. Plus when it comes time for warranty work a dry shot is super easy to take on and off.
The problem is that, as you know on these EB cars, you can max out the stock fuel system with pretty much just bolt on's. Add nitrous in to the mix and you don't have enough fuel system to account for the extra 35-50 hp, that's why you should use a wet kit in this instance.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I know u guys HATE hearing this because i know this isnt an SRT but an SRT turbo is smaller than ours and I picked up a good amount of power on that baby mitsu turbo. Also i ran a dry shot WITH A TUNE on c16

You and your Neon...:headbonk:

Sponsored

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The problem is that, as you know on these EB cars, you can max out the stock fuel system with pretty much just bolt on's. Add nitrous in to the mix and you don't have enough fuel system to account for the extra 35-50 hp, that's why you should use a wet kit in this instance.

yea with e30 but no one here (im pretty sure no one) has run c16 or q16. What size are our injectors? I know i was running mopar stage 2 which were like 680cc. It's just i've seen the same thing with the SRT community. The first couple years no one believed nitrous would work because the fuel and of course turbo size. People started using expensive race fuel instead of 100 octane and voila! People making power. Worst case, i'm wrong i pop the motor and i return to dealer for a new one lol.

OP
OP

16COEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Derek, I'm aware of the differences. I was referring to Adam, we just posted at the same time.

To clarify, my car is stock with the exception of the discharge tube being taken off. I would be spraying a stock car at 35-50 hp. The kit and nitrous would be free. When I mod the car next year, the nitrous would come off. Like slow 89 I've sprayed many a small turbo pieces of shit much more than that without issue.

2000Firehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black
I believe that a NOS kit is being developed & tested right now.

The UPR test car went 11.29@120+ mph last night at Orlando Speed World drag strip with a 35hp test shot of NOS.

It was such a smooth pass, with a 1.48 60' time I believe...

Excellent DA @ -560'...:hail:
50 degrees with 33% humidity last night, at Orlando...:eyebulge:

Sharad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I believe that a NOS kit is being developed & tested right now.

The UPR test car went 11.29@120+ mph last night at Orlando Speed World drag strip with a 35hp test shot of NOS.

It was such a smooth pass, with a 1.48 60' time I believe...

Excellent DA @ -560'...:hail:
50 degrees with 33% humidity last night, at Orlando...:eyebulge:
Woah! Hey 2000Firehawk, welcome to Mustang6G! You must have been very impressed by UPR's pass to hurry home from the track, register on this forum, and use your first post here to speculate about the development of a nitrous kit! :D

I don't blame you. I'm pretty impressed by a little four banger running 11.20s too... but I'm just old school like that. ;)
Sponsored