Sponsored

MFT SYNC 3.8 has Siri Eyes Free

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
How much of a HP gain do you think you got? ;)

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package ETA Feb (US Port) under MSRP
Feels like another 25 at the wheel! :D

08fordgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby gt350 race red
does the update let you speak your destination into the gps easier? I hate using mine so I usually just use my phone gps. Nav was a waste of money to me and that's the only reason I got the premium so a nice 7k waste.

Sponsored

Brice80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium PP
does the update let you speak your destination into the gps easier? I hate using mine so I usually just use my phone gps. Nav was a waste of money to me and that's the only reason I got the premium so a nice 7k waste.
Really? I bought the premium and love it WITHOUT nav. Sorry to hear yours isnt working out very well, I'm sure the update will clean some things up.

DaleH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost 50 Anniversary Convertible
Appreciate the lead. I'll look into this some more, but $429 seems pricey at a first glance. I'll research it a bit more. Thanks
I think you'll also find these "jailbreaks" will always lag the current technology. Note that per this website, you have to stay on IOS 8 for the Iphone and not upgrade to IOS 9. It's possible you'd be stuck using the older IPhone operating system for a lengthy period of time, which might not even be possible if you upgrade your IPhone. Sure, I'd love to have CarPlay like features in my 2015 Mustang, but just having Siri capabilities with this MyFordTouch update goes a long way.

Brice80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium PP
I think you'll also find these "jailbreaks" will always lag the current technology. Note that per this website, you have to stay on IOS 8 for the Iphone and not upgrade to IOS 9. It's possible you'd be stuck using the older IPhone operating system for a lengthy period of time, which might not even be possible if you upgrade your IPhone. Sure, I'd love to have CarPlay like features in my 2015 Mustang, but just having Siri capabilities with this MyFordTouch update goes a long way.
Yea I'm 100% with you. I'm updating my sync tonight, and even now I think it's great. Just sucks to not have NAV on the screen, I'll just get a mount for my phone or just learn the roads haha. Glad to hear the update is worth it!

DaleH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost 50 Anniversary Convertible
Yea I'm 100% with you. I'm updating my sync tonight, and even now I think it's great. Just sucks to not have NAV on the screen, I'll just get a mount for my phone or just learn the roads haha. Glad to hear the update is worth it!
I insisted on the Nav when I bought mine; I like the larger screen and although it took a bit to learn, I now really like it. I know I could do all this on a phone, but just easier to leave my phone in my pocket no matter what the circumstances.

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Updated mine today without a problem. Twenty minutes is about right. Look forward to playing with it this weekend.

Ajax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT PP
Updated in about 18 mins. Fixed the stuck on usb music issue I had.

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Finally upgraded mine. Getting a lot of crackling audio distortion with Siri's voice over Bluetooth all of sudden. Didn't happen before. I'll see if it was transient or not tomorrow.

Looks like the commands you can give Siri are limited, compared to just holding the iPhone b button or yelling "Hey Siri". I tried to open a speedometer app via the steering wheel button, and got the "can't do that while driving" but then held the home on the iPhone and it worked okay. Maybe it has to build commands but I assume its locked down for safety.
Sponsored