Jefc73/Making it my own

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Starting a thread here to dialog the mods that have been done and will be done. Biggest reason is to ask questions/get opinions on different things. I know I want to supercharge, I know I want some body goodies and I know I want to upgrade the suspension. In what order??? Not sure. Any thoughts? Lessons learned etc?
First couple pics are from Dealer here in Michigan the day I picked up the black S550. Was bought end of June just for reference.

Current mods as of 8/1/17

Exterior:
20% tint rear window, 30% side windows
Roush spoiler, quarter panel scoops, window scoops, winglets
Roush R7 Aero front fascia
MRT front splitter
Ford Performance windshield banner
Ford black emblems, 5.0
Ford Performance GT350 rear valance/Borla sport Ford Performance mufflers
RTR side splitters
Ford Performance deck lid panel with Coyote Howler badge
50th Anniversary car cover
Project 6GR wheels with Mickey Thompson rubber
Baer Eradispeed rotors
MMD Roof spoiler
Anchor Room tint kit for lights
Diode Dynamics LED revers light
Diode Dynamics LED side markers smoked
Diode Dynamics Switchback LED turn signal kit
Diode Dynamics DS3 6000K LED headlight bulbs
Cervinis Stalker hood

Interior:
GT350 steering wheel
50th anniversary floor mats, trunk mat and shifter knob
Diode Dynamics Interior LED conversion kit
Auto Meter guage pod
Spek boost guage
Ford Performance or Roush shift knob

Engine:
Whipple 2.9L supercharger with 3.625 pulley
Whipple flash tool and whipple tuning
Redline Tuning Stainless hood shocks
Mishimoto black coolant tank
UPR passenger side oil separator

Drivetrain:
Steeda Tri Ax short throw shifter
Steeda MT-82 bushing
Steeda S550 35lb clutch spring assist

Exhaust:
Borla/Ford Performance Sport Quad mufflers with Borla X pipe

Suspension:
Ford Racing Performance Track struts and shocks
Steeda Ultra Lite linear springs
Steeda front and rear sway bars with billet mounts
Steeda IRS subframe alignment kit
Steeda IRS subframe bushing support system
Steeda Billet aluminum vertical links
Steeda adjustable rear toe links
Steeda Billet rear upper shock mounts
Steeda G trac K member brace
Steeda jacking rails
20150526_134537.jpg
20150526_134549.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
jefc73

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
cleaned up and in the driveway.
20150602_192705.jpg
20150602_195451.jpg

OP
OP
jefc73

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
A few mods so far. Minor but getting started. Lloyd front floor mats and trunk mat, 50th anniversary shift knob, Redline hood struts, Borla ATAK exhaust, LED reverse bulb, covercraft car cover.
20150929_180037.jpg
20150929_180128.jpg
20150929_180827.jpg
20150929_175915.jpg
20150730_141801.jpg

OP
OP
jefc73

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Now the expensive stuff: LOL

Want list.
Engine etc.

Supercharger: Roush/Ford racing, or Whipple. Only reason leaning towards Roush is I work for Ford and Iam close to their shop. They will do the install for me. I would not attempt it especially on a brand new car. Plus get somewhat of a warranty. Is the Whipple more powerful, yes. But...

Body:

Roush front fascia
Roush side scoops/window scoops
Roush hood scoop
Qtr winglets
Roush wing

Havent seen much else I really like and not sure if Iam going to do the front fascia or not. I do like the stock look of the front fascia.

GT350 steering wheel upgrade/ordered from Levittown, thanks Benny

Suspension:

LOL can you say STEEDA! or I was thinking of putting on the FRPP track pack with the upgraded shocks and struts with springs and sways. If I do the Steeda deal then progressive springs/sways, Stop the hop packeage, and G trac K member. Here is where I have been spending the most time on the forum reading up on. Opinions???

So any do's, dont's, opinions, lessons learned on supercharging, bodywork, and suspension. Iam sure various opinons on here but shoot away. Also supercharger first, suspension or bodywork? Just not sure yet. Although the weather up here will be getting colder soon.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
jefc73

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Ordered some Steeda goodies today as well as a few Roush body parts.
David@Steeda was nice talking to you today. Put the order in for the progressive springs and sways with billet mounts, and the K brace. Ordered the linear package by mistake and called and talked to one of your guys and he was to change it to the progressive package. Can you verify that please. Thanks.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
I would go with the whipple blower, the whipple kit is truly 'bolt on' (with the Roush you have to modify the front cover), there is much more room to grow (in case you get tired of stock power), and its overall an easier install.

Oh, and more power. My girls whipple car is a blast to drive, made 640whp on stock boost, stock throttle body, and pump gas.
[MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION], he tried to tag you, just helping out :cheers:

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Ordered some Steeda goodies today as well as a few Roush body parts.
David@Steeda was nice talking to you today. Put the order in for the progressive springs and sways with billet mounts, and the K brace. Ordered the linear package by mistake and called and talked to one of your guys and he was to change it to the progressive package. Can you verify that please. Thanks.
Jeff, it was great speaking with you today! Welcome to the Steeda family and you're going to love those mods :) Also, you're good to go on the progressives - and your entire order has shipped!

I would go with the whipple blower, the whipple kit is truly 'bolt on' (with the Roush you have to modify the front cover), there is much more room to grow (in case you get tired of stock power), and its overall an easier install.

Oh, and more power. My girls whipple car is a blast to drive, made 640whp on stock boost, stock throttle body, and pump gas.
[MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION], he tried to tag you, just helping out :cheers:
Thank you, sir! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
jefc73

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

@David@Steeda, he tried to tag you, just helping out :cheers:
Thanks Josh. I like the Whipple a lot. Would just need to find someone to do the install.

OP
OP
jefc73

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Jeff, it was great speaking with you today! Welcome to the Steeda family and you're going to love those mods :) Also, you're good to go on the progressives - and your entire order has shipped!

Thank you, sir! :thumbsup:
Awesome David. Sorry for throwing the curveball with ordering the linear package by mistake. Thanks for checking and getting back to me. Great interaction for first order with Steeda. Will be doing more ordering soon.
I see the email now about the order being shipped. Holy Sh&t that was fast. lol Invoice still shows linear, hope they shipped the progressives. Thanks.

Last edited:

Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Awesome David. Sorry for throwing the curveball with ordering the linear package by mistake. Thanks for checking and getting back to me. Great interaction for first order with Steeda. Will be doing more ordering soon.
I see the email now about the order being shipped. Holy Sh&t that was fast. lol Invoice still shows linear, hope they shipped the progressives. Thanks.
No worries, bud! We just swapped the springs to progressive in our backend even though the email notification may say linear, good to go! :thumbsup:

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Looking good man. Can't wait to see the Roush exterior mods added. I have absolutely zero regrets with any of mine and all eyes stay on you :D

Sub'd!

OP
OP
jefc73

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Looking good man. Can't wait to see the Roush exterior mods added. I have absolutely zero regrets with any of mine and all eyes stay on you :D

Sub'd!
Thanks Alton. Your build looks awesome. Glad you commented because your build is similar to mine. Was good to see your pics. Dammit though...lol was on the fence about the front fascia...now I guess Iam getting it. Thanks brother lol. Oh by the way nice pic at the LSU stadium. Go Buckeyes. lol:D

Alton, did you do the Roush mods or have a shop do them. Just curious. Iam about 30 minutes from the Roush shop and have been there for a tour and they quoted me everything to get it done but I think Iam doing everything but the fascia, hood scoop, and wing. Will let them drill the holes with their fixture instead of using a paper template.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Thanks Alton. Your build looks awesome. Glad you commented because your build is similar to mine. Was good to see your pics. Dammit though...lol was on the fence about the front fascia...now I guess Iam getting it. Thanks brother lol. Oh by the way nice pic at the LSU stadium. Go Buckeyes. lol:D
No problem man! And thanks a lot man! :D

Man, if I had to get another mustang, that Roush front fascia would be an absolute must and probably would be in the top 4 mods for me, lol. It makes you smile over and over and over when you're coming up on the side of someone and you see them staring in the side mirrors waiting for you to pass, lol. :cheers: :headbang::headbang::headbang:

EDIT: I've had a local shop, StangHi Performance, do 100% of my modifications except for my hood struts and the diode dynamics lights. All I have as far as space is a personal garage at an apartment complex. Also, most of the used-to-be mechanics in my family no longer work on cars, so I don't have the tools either, lol. I've spent quite a bit on labor thus far, sadly. Feels comfortable for me to know that anything that doesn't go right isn't because of me though, lol.

OP
OP
jefc73

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Steeda and Roush goodies due Saturday. Out for a ride today to get hair cut and came across another Mustang enthusiast. Nice. :headbang:
20151001_13091611.jpg
20151001_130856.jpg
20151001_130839.jpg
Sponsored