Sponsored

2016 Mustang GT California Special Package

GTerGone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT; '07 Sport Trac 4.6L
I have only liked the TY version with a Black Painted roof. The other black accents look good to me.
Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
The wing is Ok it's the bar in the middle I don't care for.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Some w/o middle bars tend to sag after a while...

Sponsored

GTerGone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I drove one today...DIB. http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FA6P8CF4G5200967

The black accents are "lost" against that color. One observation though was the grill was painted a shiny black like the wheels. The Ford Build site images don't do the grill justice as on my screen they almost look like flat black straight bars. In person, they have do have a pattern to the cross section that I like. The attached image doesn't do it justice either. I do like the spoiler in person too. I don't care for the "blade" style.

The main reason for visiting the dealer though was to look at the Miko-Suede seat inserts. I guess they are OK but I'd prefer leather. I think I'll go with the PP in TY and the nickel luster wheels. I'll add some black exterior accents myself.

OH...and the hood mtd turn signals...they were not impressive. (who'd a thunk it?) I could only see the driver's side. The lens for it is only about 1/4" tall and in bright daylight, not even noticeable. Maybe they will show up better at night.

There was an early comment on some thread about the badging on the tower strut looking cheap. That must have just been pre production. The badge is nice looking to me.

The weird thing is the oil dipstick sits right underneath that strut. The dip stick handle is straight, well it does have a finger "ring" to pull, but getting a hand in there and lifting up with the strut in the way seems cumbersome...perhaps the handle should be offset a little to ease checking the oil. I would guess the PP version is the same way.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
The ford build it site implies no PP is available for the CS. Is that right?

GTerGone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The ford build it site implies no PP is available for the CS. Is that right?
That is the way I see it. Mutually exclusive options...can't get them both at the same time.

MTX3106

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Oxford White
I do like the spoiler

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Can anyone confirm that the dash aluminum pattern is the same as the base model GT's? If so then I might just get base model GT trim and buy the two side trim pieces. My one problem on the base models is that the side trim is that fake textured black plastic instead of aluminum.

Sponsored

Kjw86ca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS
Can anyone confirm that the dash aluminum pattern is the same as the base model GT's? If so then I might just get base model GT trim and buy the two side trim pieces. My one problem on the base models is that the side trim is that fake textured black plastic instead of aluminum.
California Special dash trim vs. base GT for reference. Looks similar, but all the literature says is a "special aluminum dash finish"
Screen Shot 2015-09-19 at 10.54.59 PM.jpg

Kjw86ca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS
Interior detail shots - suede w/ red stitching on 2016 Mustang GT/CS California Special
Screen Shot 2015-09-19 at 11.08.18 PM.jpg

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red EcoBoost Premium with 20" wheels...
Wheels are very nondescript...

Rear spoilers looks like a generic eBay part...

IMO... just a part's bin special... not very well thought out...

No reason to get very excited about a GT/CS...

:thumbsup:

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
Thanks for the video! Digging the guitar shredding, too, Haha.

I'm probably a minority...but I like the wheels. They're better than the OEM ones that the 2013-2014 GT/CS's had...by far.

I think I still liked the 2013-2014 better as a whole (they used some nice stuff from the Boss, after all - diffuser, splitter, wing, etc)...but the gap has definitely closed after seeing more pics and vids of the 2016.

It's also nice to see some more options for colour, too. I didn't like how they restricted the colour palette on the 2013-2014 GT/CS.
Sponsored