Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I guess no one likes the thinkware F750...

Guys I had a question. This camera I bought has the parking feature that activates recording after motion/G-sensing. I bought a hardwiring kit http://thinkware.com/Products/AccessoryView/Hard_cable1 but I'm unsure which fuse to tap into. I can't use the rear view mirror since thats only ignition. I need an ignition (car on) source as well as a continuous power source. Which 2 fuses should I tap into?
Does it not have a super capacitor or built in battery for parking lots? My mobius runs off a super capacitor for parking lot motion sensor.
Sponsored

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Comp Orange
I am trying to decide between Thinkware 750 and Blackvue 650. Leaning a bit more toward the Blackvue since it has more reviews and seems customer feedback is better.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
Does it not have a super capacitor or built in battery for parking lots? My mobius runs off a super capacitor for parking lot motion sensor.
our mobius doesnt run off the capacitor. it actually only has very little energy, just to preserve the internal clock whenever the power from the USB cable is shut off.

the camera is able to run off of motion sensor while the car is parked only because the power for accessories don't shut off for about 90 mins until after the car is turned off.

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
I hope the Thinkware f750 isn't really bad, because I have one being delivered on Wednesday. [emoji27]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Don't worry, you'll like it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V6
I hope the Thinkware f750 isn't really bad, because I have one being delivered on Wednesday. [emoji27]
IMO, i think the f750 is better than the blackvue, it's feature rich and camera quality comparisons on youtube are slightly better. I had the choice between the two, thats what my research had come down to.

Tiny battery to keep the clock, and allow it to run for a few extra seconds to dual save to the internal memory (amazing feature!)

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V6
I guess no one likes the thinkware F750...

Guys I had a question. This camera I bought has the parking feature that activates recording after motion/G-sensing. I bought a hardwiring kit http://thinkware.com/Products/AccessoryView/Hard_cable1 but I'm unsure which fuse to tap into. I can't use the rear view mirror since thats only ignition. I need an ignition (car on) source as well as a continuous power source. Which 2 fuses should I tap into?
anyone know or should I go grab a multimeter? I know from another thread that 36 might be a good ignition on fuse

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
IMO, i think the f750 is better than the blackvue, it's feature rich and camera quality comparisons on youtube are slightly better. I had the choice between the two, thats what my research had come down to
You have yours installed? How long have you had it? Reading reviews seemed people were disappointed in the video quality. Do you have both front and rear cameras up and running? You have any sample video from yours?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V6
I have mine installed but unfortunately at the direct cigarette power, until I find a fuse tap and where to tap for parking mode. Ive had it for a week now. The video quality is great imo, just cant see license plates while cars are moving unless its close. I have both front and rear, but the front seems to be slightly better than the rear. I have a sample near crash videos, If you really like I can take some time out and upload it to youtube via private link

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V6
You have yours installed? How long have you had it? Reading reviews seemed people were disappointed in the video quality. Do you have both front and rear cameras up and running? You have any sample video from yours?
I uploaded it anyways, here's mine:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]FPvo5Ae3xYM[/MEDIA]"]

Here's a comparison of the two:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]VjS5Y2K28yc[/MEDIA]"]

Reactions: 113

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
Cherub - your video is marked as "Private"

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V6
Cherub - your video is marked as "Private"
dont want others to see it, can you open it via direct link?

Edit: you should see it now

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
IMO, i think the f750 is better than the blackvue, it's feature rich and camera quality comparisons on youtube are slightly better. I had the choice between the two, thats what my research had come down to.

Tiny battery to keep the clock, and allow it to run for a few extra seconds to dual save to the internal memory (amazing feature!)
Sounds good to me. Thanks for the info! :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
I uploaded it anyways, here's mine:

Here's a comparison of the two:
Does the Thinkware 750 allow you to leave the speed on the video all the time? That video compare definitely looks like the Thinkware does a better job at night. Where did you end up purchasing yours from?
Sponsored