Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
And.......

Don't care for the signals, but oh well. SYNC 3 is what I wanted.
And I think the SYNC 3 is nice............:ford:
Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I don't know how you can see the right turn signal because I cant see my right air vent because of the ridge in the hood.
Which is kinda the stupidity of this when you think about it. You as the driver can only see the left signal.

Hopefully someone comes out with a '16 after market hood with a much lower ridge or none at all while keeping the slots for the heat extractors/lights.

RobHunt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, RR, PP, 401A, NAV
Part of me really wants the signal lights mainly because it kinda looks neat but the other part of me says it is just blocking half the vents.

I don't honestly know the impact of blocking half the vents in the real world, likely no impact at all for 90-95% of Mustang owners? I am also not sure how distracting this would be at night, after the coolness wears off.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Part of me really wants the signal lights mainly because it kinda looks neat but the other part of me says it is just blocking half the vents.

I don't honestly know the impact of blocking half the vents in the real world, likely no impact at all for 90-95% of Mustang owners? I am also not sure how distracting this would be at night, after the coolness wears off.
I highly doubt it affects anything with heat. I'm sure Ford tested this.

Reactions: 113

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
I think they're gimmicky to say the least. Did you not know that you activated your turn signal? [red]I guess it's a good reminder in case you put it on and forgot it was on[/red], but that's the only use I can think of for it.......i'd rather have the full heat extractor opening imo.
We're Mustang drivers, not Vette drivers! ;)

Anyway, the way I sit, I can barely see the vent on the driver's side and can't see the passenger side vent at all. I would never see the turn signal there anyway.

Sponsored

bwilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang Premium GT
I would be surprised if there wasn't an option to turn the hood lights off, or pull the fuse. I think they are pretty cool.

HULKNASTY

SLOW5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I think the reason for the vent turn signal is a car directly to your right or left can see it and know your trying to get over?

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
I just want to know if they fixed the sheet metal stamping issue over the drivers side rear wheel that made an eyesore of a crease for the darker colored cars!!!

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I just want to know if they fixed the sheet metal stamping issue over the drivers side rear wheel that made an eyesore of a crease for the darker colored cars!!!
Any pictures of what you are talking about? And I doubt any of the panel alignment or other issues from production have been fixed. I expect them to be on the 2016s as well.

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium

Sponsored

SILVER GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT/CS & '93 LX 5.0
Hope the body and rear window fit and finish is improved...

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
From what i'm seeing, the hood on the GT looks to be oh right where it meets the front fascia.

Shmoke

ZSHAUNZ
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT w/PP Ruby Red
I don't think both of these hood turn signal lights are meant for us drivers to see, honestly who cares that we can't see the right side, the lights are simply showing other drivers on the road that there is something in our cars that they don't have...Mustang is fun, unique, and different, which is why most of us choose to drive Mustangs. Most of us aren't like the other drivers on the road...which is why I welcome the lights.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I don't know how you can see the right turn signal because I cant see my right air vent because of the ridge in the hood.
Yup and I wonder how bright it is at night. You might be able to see the reflection. They shouldn't have wasted the time and money on this feature. Maybe hood struts instead of the prop rods instead?
Sponsored