cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Updated September 22:

I made them a deal-they effed up my car pretty bad so I said to them Friday night:

"I'm not mad, shit happens, but I shouldn't have to eat the lost value due to a major accident you caused. Treat me right, and tomorrow AM you will sell a car. Come up with some numbers and call me, I'm going home to relax with a beer and a vape, I'm stressed. I'm not looking for a handout or something for nothing. Just make me whole financially."

This morning they treated my trade in as an un-wrecked perfect condition car. They gave me ABOVE high end KBB value, and a very nice discount on the 2018.

Everyone effs up from time to time, a bad business handles it poorly. A good business handles it well. This dealer handled it well and most likely gained a life-long mustang buyer.

In case anyone else ever has this happen, I think it's important to note that I handled it calmly and rationally, and I think the dealer could see that I wasn't greedy or looking for some kind of payout I didn't deserve, so they fixed me up.

Photo of the new 2018 EB:

View attachment 307050

Origina post - September 21:

Title says it all. Uploading photos now. I bought it 3 months ago, and brought it in today at 5,000 miles for a tire rotation, oil change, and to repair clicking/knocking brakes and they wrecked it.

View attachment 306098 View attachment 306099 View attachment 306100 View attachment 306101 View attachment 306102 View attachment 306103 View attachment 306104
Well handled (except the Vape part, but we all have our things) and shows what can happen if you are reasonable and rational. Enjoy your new car and, for god's sake, don't take it to the dealer for anything outside of warranty work!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Congrats on having the dealer fuck up your car and then make more money off of you.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Congrats on having the dealer fuck up your car and then make more money off of you.

Actually that was the best possible result after the fact. Fixing up that car was not an option. For me I would have gone GT and gambled on the tick. But what’s done is done and you just have to deal with the options you have. I avoid the dealer but he did have a brake problem so there is that. The other stuff I take elsewhere.

EDIT: I worked it out and would have negotiated a base GT to a max of 4 grand more on top of the current FOMCO loan. I would be ok with that outcome.

Last edited:

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
Did they fire the tech who was driving and made such a bad decision to attempt to squeeze through?
In the UK I've seen some very poor driving by so called professional drivers , so bad it should result in instant dismissal but bad as it is for ThatBigSkeptic I don't think misjudging a gap in an unfamiliar car warrants dismissal ,bollocking yes, I'd think the tech feels bad enough about it as it is, he'll know mustang owners cherish their cars , It's good to see a dealer looking after his customer

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Probably so, but I hate to admit this, the 2017 FELT faster. I drove 2 Ecoboost cars the day I bought mine. A 6M and 10A. The V6/6A felt quickest of the 4. But, they say it ain't so. ☺
.....And you have to learn to drive it differently...It's turbocharged, so take advantage of the low-end grunt over the V6.....Enjoy.....

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Glad they did the right thing and beautiful color. What a great story!!! Thanks for sharing.

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whippled '20 Mustang GT PP2
Glad you were able to get this resolved. I had a 5 month old '04 Acura TL that was totaled by my dealership. The car was in for transmission issues and the tech wrecked the car merging onto the highway. I ended up getting a lawyer and threatening a lawsuit. Thankfully they settled prior to that.
1936420_110734229660_3728541_n.jpg
1936420_110734219660_5367672_n.jpg

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Updated September 22:

I made them a deal-they effed up my car pretty bad so I said to them Friday night:

"I'm not mad, shit happens, but I shouldn't have to eat the lost value due to a major accident you caused. Treat me right, and tomorrow AM you will sell a car. Come up with some numbers and call me, I'm going home to relax with a beer and a vape, I'm stressed. I'm not looking for a handout or something for nothing. Just make me whole financially."

This morning they treated my trade in as an un-wrecked perfect condition car. They gave me ABOVE high end KBB value, and a very nice discount on the 2018.

Everyone effs up from time to time, a bad business handles it poorly. A good business handles it well. This dealer handled it well and most likely gained a life-long mustang buyer.

In case anyone else ever has this happen, I think it's important to note that I handled it calmly and rationally, and I think the dealer could see that I wasn't greedy or looking for some kind of payout I didn't deserve, so they fixed me up.

Photo of the new 2018 EB:

View attachment 307050

Origina post - September 21:

Title says it all. Uploading photos now. I bought it 3 months ago, and brought it in today at 5,000 miles for a tire rotation, oil change, and to repair clicking/knocking brakes and they wrecked it.

View attachment 306098 View attachment 306099 View attachment 306100 View attachment 306101 View attachment 306102 View attachment 306103 View attachment 306104
Glad to see it worked-out in the end!!!

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Just wondering - if the dealer hits another car while they test drive your car or run errands or get lunch or whatever - is your insurance responsible for the damage to the other car or do the dealerships carry an insurance policy to cover their asses?

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Just wondering - if the dealer hits another car while they test drive your car or run errands or get lunch or whatever - is your insurance responsible for the damage to the other car or do the dealerships carry an insurance policy to cover their asses?
Interesting question though. I was at the dealership the other day to get therear panel of my GT 350 replaced, and they wanted me to sign a waiver absolving them of all liability if anything happens to the car at any time while they have it. Even if it’s destroyed during a test drive after the work was done. I think that’s insane. Businesses with that deal with cars should have a legal requirement to take reasonable care of the vehicle while they have in their possession, to include carrying insurance if something happens to it while it’s in their possession.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
In Texas, the dealership carries their own insurance to cover such incidents.

Can't speak to anywhere else.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
In Texas, the dealership carries their own insurance to cover such incidents.

Can't speak to anywhere else.
And yet the dealership that I mentioned in my post above is in Texas.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Well I'm not sure what dealer it was, but I'd avoid them.

I had to carry a company insurance card at all times when I worked for GM and I can tell you that when customer cars were damaged (happens more than you think...though usually something careless like dropping a wrench and denting the car, etc.), the dealership insurance picked up the tab.
Sponsored