Sponsored

Ford GT350 vs BMW M2

Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
When I was a kid, I used to like Beemers, I even wanted one. Had I not seen first hand how unreliable they are and how expensive they are to fix (friend of mine had one, an E46 that had issues all the time), I would be probably in that mess too. I don't even know anymore why people think that having an unreliable car is prestige, because I would rather have an old beat-up $500 car that runs and drives, and can be fixed with a simple turn of a screwdriver, rather than a free brand new BMW that will just turn onto nightmare after warranty is over. If I had to spend 60k on a new car, it would be a GT350 all the way, not only because I love Mustangs, but it has many other advantages to it.

Tm@c1965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 GT Mustang, 2014 SRT Challenger
Don't buy a used BMW

I've owned 2. There is a reason why the owners sell them after 4-5 years. It will always be in the shop. My Mustang, 2 Challengers, Volvo C70, GTI and Mini S were never in the shop....except for service.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Surprised to hear the vw and mini weren't in the shop often. The audi techs near me are constantly pulling motors on the cars that come in, even the Vws. I really WANT to like Vw. Their reliability has gone down hill in the past 25 years. It seems the trend with all German made cars. Ive never heard good things about mini from their techs. We don't have a mini dealer on site here Only Audi, Bmw, Mercedes, Porsche, Jaguar, rover, infiniti and lexus. We sell the weirdest selection of new cars.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Interesting, have a DD '11 Tiguan in the fold that has been flawless since Day 1. Knock on wood.

Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Why does everyone keep bringing up reliability? Do you guys actually think long term reliability is something that someone who is looking to purchase a new M2 actually cares about? If we are talking about used cars, sure. But we're talking about 2 cars that haven't even gone on sale yet.

People buying a GT350, M2, or whatever other new performance car will more than likely dump it in 3-5 years time for the next best thing.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Why does everyone keep bringing up reliability? Do you guys actually think long term reliability is something that someone who is looking to purchase a new M2 actually cares about? If we are talking about used cars, sure. But we're talking about 2 cars that haven't even gone on sale yet.

People buying a GT350, M2, or whatever other new performance car will more than likely dump it in 3-5 years time for the next best thing.
Because it matters. Only smart people will ditch the car before its out of warranty. Most bmw shoppers aren't educated, the ones that are, they're just stupid. The true smart people wont buy bmws. Doesn't matter if the car is out yet or not, anything bmw makes is unreliable. A lot of people care about reliability and don't know bmws are built this way. As long as bmws are talked about around here, ill continue to post what shitboxes they are. :cheers:

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
My daughter owned 2 used BMW's...a '85 320I and a '95 525I. The '85 handled very well, but the electronics an electrical system were a pure joke. I know, I worked on it. The '95 was a very nice car to drive, 5 speed, but the way the car was put together was way over-engineered. Had to swap out the front fascia due to an accident and I couldn't believe the way it was designed.

I always say the German engineers seem to try to impress other engineers rather than making a simple, reasonable design that works in the real world.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I haven't been following the M2, but it seems like the M4 was a second or so faster than the regular GT at willow springs (looking a times from Motortrend). If the M2 is about the same as the M4, I don't see it being as fast as the GT350, which laps as fast as a C7 z51 according to Ford.

The M2 might be slightly faster than a GT350 in a straight line, but I doubt it would be faster on a road course.

-T

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Because it matters. Only smart people will ditch the car before its out of warranty. Most bmw shoppers aren't educated, the ones that are, they're just stupid. The true smart people wont buy bmws. Doesn't matter if the car is out yet or not, anything bmw makes is unreliable. A lot of people care about reliability and don't know bmws are built this way. As long as bmws are talked about around here, ill continue to post what shitboxes they are. :cheers:
So it must be ironic to you that usually successful, well educated people are the ones buying new BMWs huh? I don't see janitors or store clerks walking into the showroom and buying a 3 or 5 series let alone an M car.

Idiot.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Lol. Do you know how much entry level 3 series and 5 series go for? Pretty easy for middle class people to buy. Just because people are successful doesnt make them intelligent in all aspects of their life and make smart choices. A lot of people with money have more money then common sense. Even bigger morons buy m cars.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
I haven't been following the M2, but it seems like the M4 was a second or so faster than the regular GT at willow springs (looking a times from Motortrend). If the M2 is about the same as the M4, I don't see it being as fast as the GT350, which laps as fast as a C7 z51 according to Ford.

The M2 might be slightly faster than a GT350 in a straight line, but I doubt it would be faster on a road course.

-T
The GT350 will easily be faster than the M2 on both the straights and a road course. The M2 is only going to have a breathed on N55 engine and should make ~370 hp and 370 ft/lbs with overboost (albeit the car will be underrated but it still shouldn't be as fast as a 350). I think the M4 is the closest competition to the GT350 at the moment and they should be very similar in straight line speed and lap times. The main difference is the M costs $10-20k more depending on options.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Lol. Do you know how much entry level 3 series and 5 series go for? Pretty easy for middle class people to buy. Just because people are successful doesnt make them intelligent in all aspects of their life and make smart choices. A lot of people with money have more money then common sense. Even bigger morons buy m cars.
Keep going buddy. It's entertaining. Like watching a dog trying to catch its own tail.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Keep going buddy. It's entertaining. Like watching a dog trying to catch its own tail.
Im not the one being a blind bmw fanboy, thinking they are the end all of cars. People with money generally by higher end cars then bmw. Like Mercedes. You need to put the drugs down.

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
+1. Yes BMW's can be unreliable but I've never had a single problem with the 2 I've had. Many people lease them anyways while under the warranty and free maintenance period. Then return it when the lease is over to lease another one.

Im not the one being a blind bmw fanboy, thinking they are the end all of cars. People with money generally by higher end cars then bmw. Like Mercedes. You need to put the drugs down.
Seems you are just a BMW hater. All manufacturers have their problems. You can't act like driving 100 miles in one will cause it to have a catastrophic failure.

Funny how you mention higher end cars then throw out Mercedes lol. As far as I'm concerned BMW is on the same level as them. Mercedes also have issues as well. Not sure what drugs you are taking but you should stop.
Sponsored