Sponsored

2015 GT350 Mustang Options Pricing

ahddm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis Coupe
I think we all can agree that we hate ADM. BUT there is NO WAY to stop it. Dealers are going to charge it at the beginning of any new product (especially a new SVT product like this) as long as people are willing to pay it.
NO, we shouldn't pay it but some people (obviously) are willing to pay more for NOW service.
I don't think Ford marketing considers ADM when they price a vehicle or an option. Ford will price it to make money, to compete in the market (with the Camaro), and slot it appropriately between the Mustang GT and whatever the next super Mustang (GT500, etc) turns out to be.
Don't forget Ford dealers are not Ford. They are separate businesses. The dealers can ask whatever they want for a car and people can choose to buy it or go elsewhere. Eventually, if a car sits long enough the price will drop. Those dealers need to move cars to make money. You can always find a car like this at MSRP if you look hard enough.
If you insist on being the first to own, You gotta pay to play!
I am going to wait for a 2016 model and possibly even a get a used one depending on what's available a year or so from now. I can wait.
The competition is honestly being stacked against the GT350R before it is even out, and sadly the ADM will push a lot of potential customers who would want to convert away.

We know the 2016 Camaro SS will be coming with the LT1, and Magnarides. Rumor is it will be dropping 200lbs down to 3700(same as the GT) and with Lingenfelter you can get those LT1's to 630hp NA and keep your warranty! So for 20k on top of an SS you can get 630hp, Big Brake kit, Coilovers and a nice set of track wheels. Still leaving budget for track tires and such.

While I can't bring myself to get a Camaro it will be cross shopped for a lot of people and 2016 Mustangs will be losing tons of buys to Camaros.
Sponsored

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
Can we leave out the Camaro from this thread?

There are plenty of threads discussing it, and more specifically a lot of them on why the Camaro is expected to gain weight overall. Feel free to bring that up there, but I'd like to keep the focus on this thread just to pricing.

ahddm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis Coupe
Can we leave out the Camaro from this thread?

There are plenty of threads discussing it, and more specifically a lot of them on why the Camaro is expected to gain weight overall. Feel free to bring that up there, but I'd like to keep the focus on this thread just to pricing.
You're right sorry about that. Just seemed relevant with pricing.

CriticalmassGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
Exactly!!

MSRP on my 5.0 GT PP ordered with every option except 50th Anniversary Appearance Package was 45,858.00. I would be floored if you can get your hands on the base model for less than 50k.
Before market adjustment, I'm betting 53k for a base model GT350, before all the add-ons and then you have to deal with dealers adding 10-20k to the price tag. The GT350R's will be gone probably before the ordering banks are open. High placed executives will be buying those (as there are only 37 being made). So forget about the R for this year.

Let's face it though, every year the Mustangs come closer to the pricing of Base Vettes, especially with the vettes and the Forum dealers like Kerbecks selling them for thousands below MSRP. And they both have a lot of heritage behind them, unlike the Challengers and Camaro's which were out of the market for many years. What it's going to come down to is whether or not you are a Mustang guy/girl or a corvette guy/girl. If you are only interested in performance, a lot of peope will be going for the corvettes.

I don't even consider the Hellcat. Great for straight line performance, but take a corner and meet a tree head on. Even die-hard challenger owners will tell you that those cars are cruisers, they can't handle for ****.

I'll have fun watching whatever reincarnation of the Top Gear show that James, Richard, and Jeremy come up with road tripping in those two cars and the 2016 Camaro though. Hopefully Netflix will pick them up as is being speculated.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I hear you about the ADM. But with so few available how will they allocate to dealers? I also see a couple quotes "dep on 2016 GT350" is that in hopes that dealer gets an allocation? Calling my Uncle who has two dealerships but they are small.

Sered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 335i, big turbo, big fuel
We know the 2016 Camaro SS will be coming with the LT1, and Magnarides. Rumor is it will be dropping 200lbs down to 3700(same as the GT) and with Lingenfelter you can get those LT1's to 630hp NA and keep your warranty! So for 20k on top of an SS you can get 630hp, Big Brake kit, Coilovers and a nice set of track wheels. Still leaving budget for track tires and such.
This kind of thinking is why I really dislike much of the car enthusiast community as a whole.

A bunch of supposed BS on a car with no info out about it with another supposed aftermarket engine that also doesn't exist yet with a bunch of other mods that also don't exist yet to compare to a car still not released yet and won't cost nearly as much as the $70k mythical unicorn Camaro.

:frusty:

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
This kind of thinking is why I really dislike much of the car enthusiast community as a whole.

A bunch of supposed BS on a car with no info out about it with another supposed aftermarket engine that also doesn't exist yet with a bunch of other mods that also don't exist yet to compare to a car still not released yet and won't cost nearly as much as the $70k mythical unicorn Camaro.

:frusty:
Unicorns do exist...don't they? LOL!:lol:

Bernard g 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kona blue premium GT conv .2015 EXPLORER
First time on this site.
Looking at all the numbers ur putting out there. When translated into canadian loonies ($) it comes out to alot of cash.
I reserved mine dec 4th 2014.

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
2015 models and some of the 2016s sure, but many will sit with greedy dealers trying to get markup for first few months before giving in.
I cancelled one of my allocations since the dealer wanted 7k over sticker or 12k over sticker if I choose to build an R. I want one but not that desparate plus the principle too, IMO. When I bought my 2012 Boss 302 new, I got 4k off by waiting until the following spring (5/12). No rush.... there'll be GT350's available after the initial mad rush weakens.

BOSS 1601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB BOSS 302
If early estimate were right and it is starting $53k with these options (guessing that you need Track before you get R) still comes out to a awesome car for $64k

• Track Package = $6500.
  • R Package (over base GT350) = $3500.
  • Over the top stripes = $475.
Just one post quoted at what could be a free set of market research by Ford. Float some costs and see the response. Of course, all will say "well duh" but still interesting to note.

I bet just like the boss and many a gt500 that finding a base gt350 will be quite the challenge. Most will spring for a high cost option package given the choice between getting a car and not.

Bernard g 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kona blue premium GT conv .2015 EXPLORER
Here in Quebec the GT350 will be sold by SVT accredited dealers and there are only 3. My local dealer has been selling GT 500 for MSRP. He was told that they would get 15 base 350,s and 1 R. 8 of the 15 are already reserved and will sell for MSRP.

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
I cancelled one of my allocations since the dealer wanted 7k over sticker or 12k over sticker if I choose to build an R. I want one but not that desparate plus the principle too, IMO. When I bought my 2012 Boss 302 new, I got 4k off by waiting until the following spring (5/12). No rush.... there'll be GT350's available after the initial mad rush weakens.
I am glad you didn't succumb to the will of a greedy dealer's will and pay the ADM. If many people stand against ADMs dealerships will stop trying to rake us over hot coals to buy a nice car. :amen:

MrVu1101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 401A
You're lucky.. I've heard up to $35k in ADM here in SoCal and Nevada. Looks like I'll be fanning out my search another couple hundred miles tomorrow. :headbang:
Sponsored