Sponsored

Build Week 2/9/15

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
"01Moch1": I was actually relating to the fact that Ford is willing to discount the 2015 Focus and Fusion by $2,000-$3,000. Yet the Mustang costs upwards of $10K more and gets a $500 rebate. And which vehicle has had more QC and 'hold' problems?!

Update...Ford Service just got back to me...they have absolutely no idea when the 'hold' cars are going to be released for transit...he even made a comment about Rachel having had more information than they presently have. I can only hope some 'mole' inside the assembly plant will have enough courage to send some information out. Ford must have a really tight hold on their assembly workers...as far as I can find out
no 'top secret info' has gotten to the Internet!
Sponsored

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crystal
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Black 2015 GT Convertible
Good morning!

I picked up my convertible yesterday!

It had 56 miles and over 2 hours of run time on it- so they definitely did quite a bit of test driving on it.

I did get 2 $500 rebates, which is nice because when I ordered it was only 1 $500 rebate.

O-H-5-0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350; 2016 F-150
Congrats!... But it didn't happen without pics :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ski3143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP/50th/DIB
I'm glad to see more people from our group getting their cars. I'd be really interested in seeing how we all feel about them 1 year from now. I feel somehow bonded to you people. lol

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Good morning!

I picked up my convertible yesterday!

It had 56 miles and over 2 hours of run time on it- so they definitely did quite a bit of test driving on it.

I did get 2 $500 rebates, which is nice because when I ordered it was only 1 $500 rebate.
What were the two rebates?

Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My EDD lapsed last Friday...COTUS EDD blanked out. Monday, (03/16) I got a call from my dealer saying Ford contacted them that the convertible had moved into the 'shipping' category. Today, (03/18) EDD is still blanked out.

Update (03/18)...I sent an email to Ford Service, yesterday, to see what my new EDD might be. I got a reply that my car was still "Awaiting Shipment" and they had no idea what my new EDD might be. COTUS still shows the car as "Awaiting Shipment"! So I have no idea what's going on at Flat Rock with my car...is it still waiting for shipment or is it finally being shipped. Ford Service only seems to be reading COTUS.
Please...Rachel...come back!

Second Update (03/19)...My convertible has now totally disappeared from COTUS! Before, just portions of COTUS were blank...now it can't find my car at all!

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crystal
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Black 2015 GT Convertible
My convertible was built 2/9- but I do live 15 miles from the Flat Rock plant- so mine had a short distance to travel.

I honestly don't know what the "specific" rebates were, I was just told that there were 2 $500 ones instead of just one.

Vexe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
18 weeks to the day from ordering the car, arrived at the dealer this morning. This last night of waiting before I can go pick it up tomorrow is going to be the worst!

Mako_254

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot GT Prem Convertible 50th A6 3.55
tsunami, I don't have any panel alignment issues on mine. it was built 2-10.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's getting worse!

My convertible was built on 02/10. It has been on hold like the other 4,000 Feb 'holds'. The EDD has changed from late Feb, to Early March, to Mid March.
Ford contacted my dealer to tell him that my car was still in 'hold'...DUH?!
The problem is...the EDD disappeared! The implication is...that Flat Rock has no idea when they are going to release my car for shipment.

I told my dealer in Feb that if my car was kept on hold through the end of March I was canceling my order. I will wait until next summer and order a 2016. It now appears certain that the car won't even be released from hold until at least next week. There will no way that it will get to MN before April!.

PS...I just got a phone call from my Mustang salesperson, confirming from the General Sales Manager that Ford will NOT give him an EDD for my car!
He also said that another early Feb order that was on hold was just cancelled this week.

PPS...Got another phone call from my dealer...he contacted the Regional Manager...was told that finally it has been moved to the "in Transit" category. But the way other cars have sat
in 'Transit', I am not holding my breath.

Last edited:

Sponsored

vsfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Edge
Mine was finally delivered on Mar 20th. Gee, quite some wait!

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"In Transit" but ON HOLD!?!?

After 7 weeks of being on hold, my convertible was finally promoted to "in Transit"...the Regional Sales Manager called me and stated that the car was "In Transit" with a new EDD of 1 April. BUT Flat Rock has now put it on "HOLD". FR would not tell him what that meant!
I am hopefully assuming that this means that there is a problem with the rail transport and not that the car fell off the ramp unto its side!

Has anyone else had their car put into "in Transit" but then also put on "Hold"?

Last edited:

skinny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium DIB
My car finally arrived. Filled out the paperwork today. Will pick it up on Thursday after work.

O-H-5-0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350; 2016 F-150
Congrats and nice choice in color! Make sure to post some pics.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yay...it's finally here!!!

My Magnetic Premium EcoBoost Convertible was built on 02/10. It was one of the 4,000 on hold. It finally arrived on 03 April. COTUS still had it in Transit yesterday?!? Ford Service was very helpful, they were usually within one day of the actual changes.

I was worried that it would arrive with horrible panel misalignments. Greatly relieved that all of the panels fit exactly as they should.
The hood fitment is right on the money...panel gaps are equal and the hood sits flush with the front fenders. It also closes with a 6 inch drop. The way they all should. While waiting for the paperwork I walked over to a convertible GT and the hood would only latch when it was dropped from a 45 degree angle.
I ran the car through a no-touch car wash...no leaks along the windows or trunk.
The trunk fit perfectly, equal pressure on the weather gaskets. No leaks.
The soft top symmetry was right on.

I requested that the dealer not wash the car, so that I could take it to a no-touch car wash and then take it home to apply Iron X. The car had a light grey color from all of the rail iron particles and road dust. It took two good soaking coverages to remove all of the purple Iron X solution. I then used my foam cannon on it and carefully soaped it down. After rinsing, I air-blasted the panels, and used a couple of micro-fiber towels to gently wipe up the remaining water. I was able to check all of the paint...absolutely no paint blemishes.

While wiping down the car I found a small (wax?) arrow pointing at the lower left corner of the left rear light housing. And a similar one on the lower right corner of the right rear light. Someone mentioned a fitment problem with their rear lights...it looks like QC caught it on mine and fixed it!

On the interior...everything also looks great...no leather bolster bulges, dash blemishes, etc.
All of the electronics are doing what they should. The Shaker Pro subwoofer pumps enough base out. The BLIS, adaptive cruise, cross-traffic alert, collision warning and back up parking assist more than exceed my expectations.

One very happy situation...Ford included the new A6 2015 Nav SD chip. This was the first A6 chip that my dealership had noticed packed with a car.

Mechanically everything seems to be working from the seat controls, to the automatic/Sports transmission and steering settings.

I am more than happy about initial mpg...I drove it home on the Freeway last night...the mpg averaged out at 25+ at 70 mph.
Not bad for only having 15 miles on it.

Friends say that I am a eternal pessimist. I was expecting at least one or more panel misfits, paint blemishes, etc., as mentioned by other unfortunate Forum members. But at this point, I have as nearly a perfect car as I could have hoped for.
Sponsored