Sponsored

Ford Inspector for Warranty Repair-Update:Warranty Denied Claim Due to Off Road Racing

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
But the arbitrator is not looking at the factory warranty.
Racing is not defined in the ESP contract. The ESP is being sold by a Ford dealer. The dealers refer to it as an Extension Of The Factory Warranty.

For this reason ANY reasonable person would believe it's terms are the same as the Ford factory warranty. IE HPDE is not racing, Track use is NOT racing ect.

This should be a slam dunk in court.
Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Racing is not defined in the ESP contract. The ESP is being sold by a Ford dealer. The dealers refer to it as an Extension Of The Factory Warranty.

For this reason ANY reasonable person would believe it's terms are the same as the Ford factory warranty. IE HPDE is not racing, Track use is NOT racing ect.

This should be a slam dunk in court.
You’re funny
2 words : Caveat Emptor
And yes, it’s legal doctrine
And anyone that sign a contractual agreement without first reading it, is anything but reasonable

Last edited:

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Nice article. Under the terms of the factory warranty would agree that racing should be covered.
But the arbitrator is not looking at the factory warranty. So can you deny that the ESP contract specifically states "racing" not covered, which those of us with an ESP signed, mostly unknowingly? An ESP does not have to extend a factory warranty as such and can put limits on covered parts. If the engine blew after the factory warranty without an ESP we're SOL. If it blew with an ESP specifically excluding items covered in the factory warranty we are likewise SOL.
And again how do you prove/disprove you weren't "racing" with the aftermarket mods put on that rely not on our interpretation but the arbitrators as to whether they are for "racing"? Therein seems to reside the OP's fate.
You’re 100% correct

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
And anyone that sign a contractual agreement without first reading it, is everything except reasonable
Ford's original warranty denies for RACING. It allows track use which the car is marketed as. Evidence from a few posts up.

Ford dealers are selling an ESP. This ESP like the Ford warranty denies RACING. However RACING is not defined. ANY REASONABLE person will assume the term RACING is the same as in the original Ford warranty, and does not deny TRACK use which the car is designed for as per Ford marketing.

In this case the ESP is denying warranty for the car being used as designed.

You have to look at the whole picture.

It's like selling a toaster and denying warranty for cooking slices of bread in it.

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I would suggest the op reads the terms and conditions of his esp contract. A quick look I was able to find this at the bottom of the esp warranty brochure.
The part about unauthorized alterations or modifications.
Just my opinion like others have stated your vehicle gives off the impression it was used for racing.
In the end I hope it works out for you. If the 3rd party warranty lawyers can’t prove you raced the vehicle they can always come back to the unauthorized modifications and that is undeniable.

IMG_1279.jpeg

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I would suggest the op reads the terms and conditions of his esp contract. A quick look I was able to find this at the bottom of the esp warranty brochure.
Just my opinion like others have stated your vehicle gives off the impression it was used for racing.
In the end I hope it works out for you. If the 3rd party warranty lawyers can’t prove you raced the vehicle they can always come back to the unauthorized modifications and that is undeniable.

IMG_1279.jpeg
The addition of aftermarket parts is not something that voids a warranty unless the manufacturer can prove those parts caused the failure

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Ford's original warranty denies for RACING. It allows track use which the car is marketed as. Evidence from a few posts up.

Ford dealers are selling an ESP. This ESP like the Ford warranty denies RACING. However RACING is not defined. ANY REASONABLE person will assume the term RACING is the same as in the original Ford warranty, and does not deny TRACK use which the car is designed for as per Ford marketing.

In this case the ESP is denying warranty for the car being used as designed.

You have to look at the whole picture.

It's like selling a toaster and denying warranty for cooking slices of bread in it.
No, it’s like selling toaster designed to run on 110 and denying warranty because it was run on 220

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
If the 3rd party warranty lawyers can’t prove you raced the vehicle they can always come back to the unauthorized modifications and that is undeniable.
That just says it won't cover non stock parts. So his roll bar, if damaged, is not covered.
No, it’s like selling toaster designed to run on 110 and denying warranty because it was run on 220
Wrong, if you used the toaster on 220 volts that is out of it's design range. The GT350 and GT350R are marketed as TRACK cars. Using one on track is using it as the manufacturer has intended.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
If you are going to take this to court then you should probably stop volunteering information on here.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
That just says it won't cover non stock parts. So his roll bar, if damaged, is not covered.

Wrong, if you used the toaster on 220 volts that is out of it's design range. The GT350 and GT350R are marketed as TRACK cars. Using one on track is using it as the manufacturer has intended.
You seems to have a hard time understanding that the esp has legally nothing to do with the manufacturer
It’s an aftermarket warranty contract that can have whatever restrictions they write in and signed, therefore agree to by the buyer of such contract

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't think there are any legitimate races that the GT350 can even enter. Yes there's autocross, but we aren't talking about autocross locations here. On a road course, is there even such a thing as a race where a stock-ish GT350 can enter?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
You seems to have a hard time understanding that the esp has legally nothing to do with the manufacturer
You seem to miss the point it is being sold by a Ford dealer and is represented as an extension of the factory warranty.

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT/CS

IMG_1279.jpeg
When a contract includes language like "unreasonable use" or "unauthorized modifications" and the terms are not defined in the document, they may not be enforceable. For example, what's the process to obtain authorization for modifications that would satisfy the contract?

Unfortunately, it will take an arbiter or judge to answer questions like this and you may be surprised with their decisions.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You seem to miss the point it is being sold by a Ford dealer and is represented as an extension of the factory warranty.
When you sign a contract for the ESP, I believe it overrides anything you may have been told. And even if not, that would mean the fight was with the dealer who said/implied the ESP covers something it doesn't. Point is throwing that argument into arbitration between car owner and ESP, is at best a distraction.
Sponsored