2023 Mustang Gt

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
They just look out of place to me. How do you even get the tubing into the ducting?
You take off the whole trim piece on the dash and route the tubing into the ac ducts, theres a bunch of holes to go through for wires or hoses

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Does this one retain airflow from the vent still?
yes but its deeply mitigated by the gauge

@vaeevictiss you actually have to drill a hole in the ac vent ducting to get the wires back OUT of the vent. you could try to fish the wire all the way through without drilling, but IMO that's a waste of time. if you ever decided to take the thing out, put a piece of black gorilla tape over it and you'll never know it was there.

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
Do any of you with pp gauges use the oem vacuum gauge and change it to boost? Is that even possible? Which also begs the question is it possible for me with non pp gauges to convert to them?

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Do any of you with pp gauges use the oem vacuum gauge and change it to boost? Is that even possible? Which also begs the question is it possible for me with non pp gauges to convert to them?
you can get the ecoboost gauge assembly, it's all one piece but it's inferred boost so it's not a real number, but it will be close. as far as adding it, i'm sure they didn't change the wiring harness from my car to yours... BUT i dont know if the ECM can run it.

Sponsored

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
you can get the ecoboost gauge assembly, it's all one piece but it's inferred boost so it's not a real number, but it will be close. as far as adding it, i'm sure they didn't change the wiring harness from my car to yours... BUT i dont know if the ECM can run it.
Ah I thought they would have maybe used an actual reference for the eco gauges, maybe it would be worth to do what glowshift offers, two of their gauges in a pp dash trim with their mounting bracket.
is there anything yall look at other than boost that would be worth adding on a second or third gauge?

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Ah I thought they would have maybe used an actual reference for the eco gauges, maybe it would be worth to do what glowshift offers, two of their gauges in a pp dash trim with their mounting bracket.
is there anything yall look at other than boost that would be worth adding on a second or third gauge?
personally, i dont look at a ton of stuff but if you ever go E85 maybe a fuel pressure gauge so you can make sure your pumps are all running all the time without having to leave the seat?

as far as the glow shift is concerned the only thing i recommend from them is the ac dash mount piece. my gauge is pretty terrible and is off by like 2psi. also wish i went with the digital type with the MAP sensor. after i bought my gauge i had to buy a vacuum block and all sorts of hoses and such cuz it didn't come with what i needed to install the boost gauge in the kit. also, highly recommend the 'add-a-fuse' things off amazon to power it. fuse panel behind kick panel on passenger side

edit: the on3 has a recall feature and it's not much more than a glow shift gauge....

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
personally, i dont look at a ton of stuff but if you ever go E85 maybe a fuel pressure gauge so you can make sure your pumps are all running all the time without having to leave the seat?

as far as the glow shift is concerned the only thing i recommend from them is the ac dash mount piece. my gauge is pretty terrible and is off by like 2psi. also wish i went with the digital type with the MAP sensor. after i bought my gauge i had to buy a vacuum block and all sorts of hoses and such cuz it didn't come with what i needed to install the boost gauge in the kit. also, highly recommend the 'add-a-fuse' things off amazon to power it. fuse panel behind kick panel on passenger side

edit: the on3 has a recall feature and it's not much more than a glow shift gauge....
Thanks for the heads up! Il check the on3 gauge out. I also looked at prices of the pp trims, jesus, maybe we should get into parting out cars, the cheapest one i found on ebay was 400$

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Ya i was looking at that until i saw that it was not actual boost. I did turn on the boost/vac gauge in the digital dash with forscan but i know its probably the same reference that the one by the vents uses.

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yours definitely looks pretty good! It's the ones you see that have like a crease in them. They would notice a power gain across all ranges if they straightened it out. I have proof on two dyno runs of before and after on mine.
did you just flip or trim the tube? Mine wasn't so bad until I installed the pp1 rad.

Sponsored

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
did you just flip or trim the tube? Mine wasn't so bad until I installed the pp1 rad.
neither trimmed nor flipped. and my car is a PP1 so i have the bigger radiator. i had to fight with the end that goes on the MAF tube quite extensively to get it to line up correctly. took me about 3 hours of loosening that clamp and re-tightening it. same with the clamp at the TB. the clocking on the TB has to be just right too.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
neither trimmed nor flipped. and my car is a PP1 so i have the bigger radiator. i had to fight with the end that goes on the MAF tube quite extensively to get it to line up correctly. took me about 3 hours of loosening that clamp and re-tightening it. same with the clamp at the TB. the clocking on the TB has to be just right too.
no shit! That tube was the hardest and most frustrating part of the install lol. Fuel injectors, bap, plugs, all the other SC stuff...easy. That tube? fuck that tube.

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sounds like before I trim anything I'll give it a flip around and see if its makes up.

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT