Best 21 GT intake manifold upgrades

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The Boss looks cool, does it fit under the gen 2 hood?
Sponsored

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Stock intake, stock air box with high flow drop in filter.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Thought you kicked the PMAS to the curb in place of the closed GEN3 box ?
I remember him saying the Gen 3 out flowed the PMAS.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I’m here to think outside the box.
Unmolested 18+ vs GT350 off the Dyno on an asphalt surface the GT350 manifold wins.
I think this passes the critical thought test. Even back in the PP3 package days, it was shown then that while the peak torque was lower, the cars made more power over the whole rev range once you got out of the low end. The GT350 manifold clearly takes advantage of the coyote's ability to flow huge amounts of air. It's not so much that the 18 manifold is bad (far from it) but its clearly a hybrid of sorts. You can't have it all, so where you lose in top end, you gain in the low end, which matters far more for a street driven and enjoyed car. It's like if a truck manifold and a 350 manifold had a baby.

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
Just thought I'd try to settle this as best I could.
I work with the engineer who designed the Gen 3 coyote engine. This is what he said regarding intakes.

"For the Gen 2 coyote, the CJ is the best intake. We developed it over 5 months to be the most expensive, most power modification. Although the Gt350 intake was tweaked by the guys over at Shelby and is honestly really quite close in terms of useable power."

"For the Gen 3 coyote, its really hard to answer. There are so many different ways to gain power out of the engines as we pulled parts from the voodoo to allow for the higher rev range. If you're talking straight line flat out speed I'd say CJ or even a Gt350 as they were designed for the higher rpm airflow. If your tracking it and need middle ground torque stick with the stock manifold, sure you might see 2-5 hp gains with the CJ but you'll lose the middle ground torque and end up spending money for relatively low gains. You'd have better results if the atmosphere was right"

"There is no right answer, that's why we have so many different options. There are different applications to every manifold and you can't have both best middle power and best top end power. If something like that existed we would have put in on the coyote stock."

Hopefully this lays this argument to rest.

Cheers

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I work with the engineer who designed the Gen 3 coyote engine. This is what he said regarding intakes.
Only one engineer designed the Gen 3 ?
Could you ask that engineer his thought about the Bullett/Mach 1 induction system and post up his response ?
BTW, ask him about my question back on post #22.
Thx

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Only one engineer designed the Gen 3 ?
Could you ask that engineer his thought about the Bullett/Mach 1 induction system and post up his response ?
BTW, ask him about my question back on post #22.
Thx
Well technically no, he is the lead engineer. Ford loves their bureaucracy, lol! I will ask him!

Sponsored

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Post his response
I posted his response to the intake question on post #56. I just sent him an email about where the coyote can actually rev to and discussing the Bullett/Mach 1!

It's looking like I'm going to port the stock manifold. I spoke with VMP they also said stick with the stock manifold but port it
I just wanted to say the response from the engineer was only talking about stock intakes. He said he can't comment about what's better ported or modified.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
It's looking like I'm going to port the stock manifold. I spoke with VMP they also said stick with the stock manifold but port it
Smart move sticking with the stocker, porting is a scam. There’s not enough plastic material thick enough for port reshaping. All your paying for is a slight port surface Ra increase. It’s a big money maker for the porting guys.
The only option that might work is the Mach 1 manifold I repost, you’d probably be the first M6G guy to try that combo on the GEN3 GT 5.0 other than the Factory.

Why VMP of all tuners ?
Sponsored

Last edited: