2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Does anybody swap out of summer tyres to all season tyres during the winter? I live in London, so I'm never driving the car in the snow. I was thinking if a good all season tyre like the Michelin PS AS 4 would make sense during the winter months on cold wet English B-roads? I love the PS 4S', but obviously as a summer tyre below 7c they really fall off. Any thoughts?
1674308403407.png
Sponsored

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
My thoughts are that if you are going to swap out tyres for the winter/ summer then use winter/summer tyres. All seasons are as the name suggests, for all year round use and compromise everything. I’ve used Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme S on an M4 and they were amazingly good in the cold/ice/snow and surprisingly good in milder temperatures.

Last edited:

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I use pirilli p4+ all year around. It is a good long lasting tire. It does everything very well

Mustangstephy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey Mach 1
I've swapped mine to Yokohama winter tyres (on a new set of rims) and I can definitely notice the difference in this weather vs the PS5s that came on the Mach 1. I'm in Berkshire btw.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Mine is a daily and the PS4S seem to be fine in the winter in the UK. Ok you need to be more careful when it is icy as it is at the moment but that applies to all cars

Sponsored

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is a daily and the PS4S seem to be fine in the winter in the UK. Ok you need to be more careful when it is icy as it is at the moment but that applies to all cars
To me, when it's like 0-3C and a little damp, I kind of feel like the PS4Ss don't allow me to really go for it. I drive very cautiously in those conditions.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Im swapping to Michelin PS AS4 this spring and just leaving them on all year. I also will not ever be driving in the snow but would like something i can still drive the car when its colder temps outside.

I have not heard anything bad about the PS AS4's.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Im swapping to Michelin PS AS4 this spring and just leaving them on all year. I also will not ever be driving in the snow but would like something i can still drive the car when its colder temps outside.

I have not heard anything bad about the PS AS4's.
What are you swapping from? PS 4S?

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Using Michelin AS 4s year-round. 90% of my driving is street/spirited driving. They work great. No noise. Smooth. No problems with traction during the heat of Summer or cold of Fall/Winter. Tires get positive reviews.

While I am giving up some warm weather performance, I don't have to be concerned about traction when cold or damp out. It's not uncommon for Fall mornings here to be below 0C as the Sun is coming up, with light frost, followed by temps 12C later in the afternoon.

https://www.michelinman.com/auto/tires/michelin-pilot-sport-all-season-4

Several have left positive reviews on Continental tires; might be worthwhile to study those.

tire michelin a:s 4 002.jpg

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost coupe
I've had the A/S 4s on for nearly 2 years, using them to drive all year round after switching from a combo of GYAsym A/S and Blizzaks.
The Mich.A/S 4 is a great summer tire--quiet and good traction wet or dry. In winter it provides solid traction to at least 30deg F and handles light snow without issue.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
the courtesy car i have has the PS4s on it and they are terrible in the near freezing temperatures we've had since December. Damn thing steps out of line without any effort. I know it's a 450BHP engine but it only makes that power WOT at 7k+ rpm, not part throttle sub 4k rpm and still it snakes about. Will be glad when i get my own car back and onto the PS4 rears i have on it. Obv still go canny but with a mere 415BHP (and manual box) i'm sure i'll be happier. Hopefully be warmer outside too which will help no end ha.
Sponsored