NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
So the tech didn't even bother to check the actual parts vs the parts list BEFORE they tore your car down??? All the labor is on THEM at this point, IMHO.
The tech did check the parts, but the parts list matched the parts, both of which were wrong
Sponsored

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Loving My New Look but still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the hood decal. Pics aren't the best, very cloudy and late in the day.
IMG_4210.JPG

IMG_4213.JPG

IMG_4214.JPG

ORIGINAL HP WHEEL VS. SVE M1HP Powder Coated Triple Bronze
IMG_4207.JPG
Looks fantastic - does the hood need to retain the louvered look? I think that if you had that flat then perhaps the decal around it, maybe

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Looks fantastic - does the hood need to retain the louvered look? I think that if you had that flat then perhaps the decal around it, maybe
Thanks everyone for the compliments and suggestions! :captain:
One benefit of the new SVE wheels I've noticed since they went on is, with the lighter wheels, the car goes over bumps and rough pavement much better. On the worst areas I have to drive over, I noticed a huge improvement in ride quality and much less jarring. Also, the rears seem to spin up a little quicker too. It's amazing what removing 12 pounds of unsprung weight from each corner will do for you.

Just thinking out loud, I'm assuming my "city" mileage will go up slightly with the loss of wheel weight, but maybe the loss of all that centrifical force from the flywheel effect might have the opposite effect on the highway?

I noticed that when I switched wheels on my Edge, only the TSW wheels I replaced the stockers with were almost 20 pounds lighter each. I would have to get on the throttle earlier going up hills and then be careful to keep from breaking the tires loose accelerating from a stop. My highway mileage did go down slightly, but I think it had more to do with less traffic on I-5, driving 80+ rather than around 70-75. There was a lot more construction going on for a while, slowing the entire central valley stretch down between L.A. and the Bay Area.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thanks everyone for the compliments and suggestions! :captain:
One benefit of the new SVE wheels I've noticed since they went on is, with the lighter wheels, the car goes over bumps and rough pavement much better. On the worst areas I have to drive over, I noticed a huge improvement in ride quality and much less jarring. Also, the rears seem to spin up a little quicker too. It's amazing what removing 12 pounds of unsprung weight from each corner will do for you.

Just thinking out loud, I'm assuming my "city" mileage will go up slightly with the loss of wheel weight, but maybe the loss of all that centrifical force from the flywheel effect might have the opposite effect on the highway?

I noticed that when I switched wheels on my Edge, only the TSW wheels I replaced the stockers with were almost 20 pounds lighter each. I would have to get on the throttle earlier going up hills and then be careful to keep from breaking the tires loose accelerating from a stop. My highway mileage did go down slightly, but I think it had more to do with less traffic on I-5, driving 80+ rather than around 70-75. There was a lot more construction going on for a while, slowing the entire central valley stretch down between L.A. and the Bay Area.
Your car looks fantastic! If I were ever to be in a position to trade my 2019 GT in, I would get this color/wheel combination.
What are your rim sizes? Wheel size will also play a role in the car's new nimbleness.

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
More goodies from Santa Steeda

1120E779-C5A5-45E5-A21B-BFC2554F139B.jpeg
I really wish they would brush the color out of the stainless. It's an oxide layer from the atmosphere. If they brush the part the chromium can do its job on helping stainless be.... well stainless. Chromium is what gives stainless steel it's corrosion resistance. Especially at higher temps tj@steeda

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I really wish they would brush the color out of the stainless. It's an oxide layer from the atmosphere. If they brush the part the chromium can do its job on helping stainless be.... well stainless. Chromium is what gives stainless steel it's corrosion resistance. Especially at higher temps tj@steeda
Too bad @tj@steeda don't make em' like @WD Pro does. Ugly duckling, now a fricken' thing of beauty!
1670434790602.png

I would pay extra for this version.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Your car looks fantastic! If I were ever to be in a position to trade my 2019 GT in, I would get this color/wheel combination.
What are your rim sizes? Wheel size will also play a role in the car's new nimbleness.
Fronts are 10x19, Rears are same as stock HP 11x19
I bought this kit from LMR then had them powder coated a proper Bronze color. (see previous posts) The wheels come from SVE/LMR pretty much the color in the pics, maybe a little lighter, more of a sand color than bronze.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 094035.png

LXRD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralik
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Mustang with Handling Package
I took the cover off of her after about 10 days and took her for a ride to a tint shop, just to find out they no longer offer tint services. lol

Sponsored

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
I ordered the HP 10.5"/11" Wheel Kit (finally!) from Levittown and sent them off to the shop for customization. Discount Tire already received my new tires (Pilot Sport 4S, 305/325). Laid a deposit down for some PPF and Ceramic, and scheduled some custom developmental one-off (for now) exhaust work. Still have to install Diode Dynamics 4th brake light and sequencer, as well as hood struts. Might just have the shop do it while they have it in the air.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
A couple new pics:
IMG_4225.JPG

IMG_4227.JPG

IMG_4235.JPG

IMG_4231.JPG

IMG_4212.JPG

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Looks great. You going to pull the rocker decals as well? Especially now with the bronze wheels.
Nope, but I might try and find some bronze overlays or something. I like having the Mach1 logo on her. Makes her feel special. Going to experiment with the hood graphics and get Mach1 on there too if I can make it look awesome.

I paid for a Mach1, I want people to Know it's a Mach1.
Sponsored

Last edited: