OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
That's some Q-Anon level tinfoil hat math you've done there.
Not really… it’s simple addition. No Chicken Little science.

It’s known fact that Chevy has been poking fun at the Voodoo during the press teasers of the Z06, and this is prob another example.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
...or maybe it's as high as they could spin it with those solid lifters and still maintain warranty compliance.

I've only seen them say that they thought Ford was inept and that's why the early GT350's had oil filter issues only to have an oil filter failure in their own dyno bay and realize that they should have followed Ford's lessons.

Sponsored

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Z06 used the gt3 as a benchmark, I think it's much more likely that the engine benchmarks were based on it's actual competition such as the gt3 and not the gt350.

Z06 is in a totally different league than the gt350..

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
If I were Chevy I wouldn’t mess around with Ford. Fords been responding to competitors lately with the GT500 and Raptor R. And ford still has the GT which they can throw the gt500 engine in and make it a hybrid to annihilate the z06. Of course Chevy will bring up price though.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you wanna hide your head in the sand and say Chevy wasn’t considering the Voodoo when they went FPC, that’s fine…

Because Ford went there first is enough to know that Chevy went there… It’s hard to deny the ability of the voodoo when it was used in the roadcourse cars. Everyone saw the success of that engine in that class.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
If I were Chevy I wouldn’t mess around with Ford. Fords been responding to competitors lately with the GT500 and Raptor R. And ford still has the GT which they can throw the gt500 engine in and make it a hybrid to annihilate the z06. Of course Chevy will bring up price though.
Ford GT is um, a race shop built car with ford badge on it.
Sorry. It is as much a ford as a FFR cobra is a shelby cobra

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
so its a ford.

you guys are crazy and are missing the OP's point.

8500 is a perfectly fine redline, the extra 100rpm is unnecessary but since it was achievable within the business requirements it was allowed because, as the OP stated, is a dig at the voodoo which has had its fair share of difficulties.

its more of a leap to believe they wouldn't do something like this than to say its possible they might.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
so its a ford.

you guys are crazy and are missing the OP's point.

8500 is a perfectly fine redline, the extra 100rpm is unnecessary but since it was achievable within the business requirements it was allowed because, as the OP stated, is a dig at the voodoo which has had its fair share of difficulties.

its more of a leap to believe they wouldn't do something like this than to say its possible they might.
In other news Chevy take a jab at Ford, and Ford takes a jab at Chevy. news at 11.
only been going on since what 1926

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
8250rpm (Voodoo)
+350
—————
8600rpm (Z06)

yeah… I doubt that was Darwin…
I honestly don't see it as a jab. There was a video where they talked about having it even higher on the earlier prototypes but the car was making less torque so they brought it back down. This car optioned out with the Z07 package has a 170K MSRP without the dealer markups...it's just not in the same class as a 350. If they were making a Camaro with a FPC then ya, I could see them comparing the car to the 350 to a certain extent. I'm sure the 458 was the benchmark for this motor. I'm not a corvette guy and don't have any plans on buying one, but I think it's cool that they went all out with this car. Hopefully Ford answers back.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
point proven someone will always argue this. At the end of the day my point was that if Chevy wants to take jabs at ford over the GT350 which is also half the price of a z06 then ford can always work on the GT a bit and go right back at them. Honestly if they don’t it’s a missed opportunity they already have a phenomenal car that only needs to get rid of the V6 for a hybrid twin turbo V8.
Sponsored