22 S550 Tracking Thread

Tawse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 GB GT/CS
Yeah it’s affecting GT’s without the performance pack. Looks like they slimmed down the offerings. Supplier problems I assume. I wonder what “Mesh 45” and “MIC” look like for the CS 🤔
Ditto. Would be good if they supplied an image so we could see.
Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Jeep seems to much slower with their builds so I’m not hoping for it before late winter. Ordered early June, good to know for the future!
I ordered a 2022 Tacoma but that was a nightmare early this year. Came with a bunch of body damage and scratched interior parts. Quality is slipping at toyota, The wrangler is a dedicated winter vehicle and a must have for some of the snow we see in MI.

Who takes 7-10 days for pdi?

I drive off the lot within 2 hours of anything being delivered, Toyota, Ford...
Granger takes 7-10 for PDI. For some reason I was thinking you had ordered from them but I don’t see a dealer listed in the post.
I’ve always had the 2 hour experience, until COVID/Granger.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

The Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium-6 spd/DMG

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks for providing the visual comparison.....definitely different!
No problem, assuming the dealerships provided accurate descriptions of the interiors 😂. That’s what I’m going off of

Sponsored

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I got the confirmation email from Ford. Thanks guys. feeling better about it all now.

ya, I went in with my print out of the build and they copied it. BUT when he copied it he only selected the options that where showing a dollar amount. at the end we could not figure out why the online build and the one the dealer did was just over $1000 less than what I had come up with. it bugged me and I kept looking over the paperwork and redoing the build and eventually figured out that b&o was not adding an amount to the total. the new build "am/fm single cd and HD radio $995.00" and right below it "B&O sound system, 12 spkr $0" careful of that guys. If i had not caught it, it would have been a deal breaker for me too. I did not mention above, mine is also a 401. I hope i get as lucky as you and mine is built soon.

update for anyone who saw my earlier post. I have now received my email order confirmation from fomoco. I still don't have have an order number. The dealer told me my order was approved on 7/14. which would be the day after i made them add the B&O, so I guess it looks good for now.
I had a similar issue when building mine over the phone with Granger. Fortunately I had the order guide in front of me because in order to get the B&O the $995 HD radio option must be checked.

SloWay2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Vert
If someone can take a real life picture of the new dash it would be amazing.

…that shiny crap looks god awful in the linked photo.

Cleesj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP 401a 6MT MP
Hmm that's pretty interesting. As someone who designs injections molds, it makes me wonder if they built a new injection mold for the dash piece (possibly a new supplier) and couldn't match the grain of the surface finish on the current tooling.. or if they built a new tool for a different material/resin that is potentially more readily available and couldn't use the same grain as the current/previous tool.

It's always interesting having been around production manufacturing on picking when to buy a car, always skeptical to buy first model year of a car, but also know that the tooling is definitely worn down and welded up/band aid repairs to keep it going towards the end of the product cycle lol.

Overland_LIfe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma

Tawse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 GB GT/CS

Sponsored

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granger takes 7-10 for PDI. For some reason I was thinking you had ordered from them but I don’t see a dealer listed in the post.
I’ve always had the 2 hour experience, until COVID/Granger.
Granger is also a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealer and it’s my understanding between Ford and those lines they have a lot of new vehicles coming in for delivery.

YourNameHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Mine has been sitting there 13 days
Mine sat for close to 5 weeks and missed my original delivery date. Heck it didn't even move from the lot before the end of the 1st delivery window.

On Sunday (7/31) I had a chat with Ford customer service and they told me the car was shipped via convoy. It was originally set for train. So it started moving some time between 7/26 and 7/31

Have not had an update since, but hopefully its shows up soon.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Granger is also a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealer and it’s my understanding between Ford and those lines they have a lot of new vehicles coming in for delivery.
Yeah, just to expand I wasn’t upset. I just came close to jumping the gun twice and wanted to pass the knowledge along. Granger was great, easily one of the best 2 I’ve dealt with.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, just to expand I wasn’t upset. I just came close to jumping the gun twice and wanted to pass the knowledge along. Granger was great, easily one of the best 2 I’ve dealt with.
Totally agree. Signing remotely made delivery a breeze. Took longer to remove the engine cover and install the catch can then to take delivery once there. FIVE STARS. Will recommend to others. Will use again

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
New User here. I've placed my first ever order for a new car. I ordered loaded Eruption Green GT Premium 6spd with Recaro, PP, Magna, B&O, Active Exhaust, and Spoiler delete. Order placed 7/9/22 was told by dealer that would be 4-6 weeks. Pretty much what I'm seeing here is it looks like 4-6 months. I read somewhere that production of the 2023 starts the Monday after thanksgiving this year. I am wondering if anyone knows if Ford will bump my car to a 2023 VIN or will they pretty much get it built before the model year switches. Essentially will they kill the order if they can't get to it, or just push it back until they can even if it means building it as a 23?
Well it can't be quite that long because they will stop making MY2022 in the middle of November.
Sponsored