22 S550 Tracking Thread

BigSig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Atlas Blue Mustang GT 301A MT82
So here is what makes that super odd, the dealer is claiming it is being shipped via rail? Confidence in the dealer is not strong!
I'm just going off the window sticker, and the hours of obsessively learning about the build/order process. I have also seen cars leave on trucks and finish on rail and leave on rail and finish on truck. Really it just has to do with how quickly they can get them out of the shipping lot.
Sponsored

Grabby McBluestang 2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
1998.5 Ram 2500, 2021 Ram Rebel
I'm just going off the window sticker, and the hours of obsessively learning about the build/order process. I have also seen cars leave on trucks and finish on rail and leave on rail and finish on truck. Really it just has to do with how quickly they can get them out of the shipping lot.
Well, good news is, its a fair weather car. Just waiting since January has gotten the whole family about ready to come out of their skin to get this thing! Soon!

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Oh. I just got my build email and VIN today and I amā€¦ā€¦wow I was not expecting that since I just placed my order on July 30th! šŸ˜±

0D47E852-315D-4C68-B3B7-63076608C738.jpeg

Iā€™m scheduled for the week of September 12th (for those that study that sort of thing). My priority code was 10 so I guess thatā€™s probably why? Wowza.

Had to call a sales manager to ask about the B&O upgrade situation from my other thread so thereā€™s a chance it may be cancelled and reordered, but even he was shocked it was scheduled so fast.

How am I supposed to focus on work now lol

Last edited:

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Sorry. I was under the impressions one could simply call the train company phone number(s) (as shown in the screenshot below) to get that information. Things could have changed.

railtrack.png
Wrong train company too.

bloomerfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I was told by my dealer that car carriers once car reaches distribution centers for rail lines are struggling. If your car shows to be in New Boston , Mich (via dealer lookup) then it is shipping rail via CSX. I was told any car shipped via CSX especially to Columbia, SC is in limbo due to all the car carriers walked out. If your car shows to be in Melvindale, Mich then it is being shipped via rail by Norfolk Southern and the car carrier for those distribution centers are in better shape

Sponsored

TheCarGuyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 Scorpion
Omg I just got my build email and VIN today and I amā€¦ā€¦wow I was not expecting that since I just placed my order on July 30th! šŸ˜±

0D47E852-315D-4C68-B3B7-63076608C738.jpeg

Iā€™m scheduled for the week of September 12th (for those that study that sort of thing). My priority code was 10 so I guess thatā€™s probably why? Wowza.

Had to call a sales manager to ask about the B&O upgrade situation from my other thread so thereā€™s a chance it may be cancelled and reordered, but even he was shocked it was scheduled so fast.

How am I supposed to focus on work now lol
Same here! Though I requested my 7/30 order cancelled due to the dealer being terribleā€¦ but my order from 7/31 (different dealer) still isnā€™t scheduled. Order that was scheduled was priority code 19, the new one is a 10ā€¦ so I donā€™t understand why this happened lol. Does anyone think my new order will be scheduled tomorrow?

moondocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150,F250,F350, 57 Chev
Got this from Ashleigh at Granger this morning after emailing for tracking info. Mine looks to have been trucked to a train and is now on a train? Anyone know how to track the rail car?
Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 07-51-31 (3 unread) - traxiii yahoo com - Yahoo Mail.png

Here is my info from Granger earlier today. More info to mull over, and the wait continues...

StatusETA
PrimarySecondaryVehicle LocationStatus Date / TimeStart DateEnd DateETA Disposition
Awaiting ShipmentReleasedFlat Rock Assembly Plant, MIJul-29-2022, 00:00 EDTAug-07-2022Aug-13-2022
In ProductionProducedFlat Rock Assembly Plant, MIJul-27-2022, 00:00 EDTAug-07-2022Aug-13-2022
In ProductionTrim LineFlat Rock Assembly Plant, MIJul-26-2022, 00:00 EDTTBDTBDN/A
In ProductionBody ShopFlat Rock Assembly Plant, MIJul-23-2022, 00:00 EDTTBDTBDN/A
In ProductionSent to PlantFlat Rock Assembly Plant, MIJul-20-2022, 10:46 EDTTBDTBDN/A
In Order ProcessingScheduled to Day (Jul-28-2022)Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MIJul-18-2022, 14:33 EDTJul-25-2022Jul-31-2022Pending Update
In Order ProcessingScheduled to Week (Week -of Jul-25-2022)Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MIJul-18-2022, 11:05 EDTTBDTBDN/A
In Order ProcessingScheduled to Day (Jul-29-2022)Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MIJun-30-2022, 18:13 EDTJul-25-2022Jul-31-2022Pending Update
In Order ProcessingScheduled to Week (Week -of Jul-18-2022)Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MIJun-20-2022, 14:48 EDTJul-25-2022Jul-31-2022Pending Update
In Order ProcessingScheduled to Day (Jul-01-2022)Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MIMay-20-2022, 12:26 EDTJul-25-2022Jul-31-2022Pending Update
In Order ProcessingScheduled to Week (Week -of Jun-27-2022)Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MIApr-21-2022, 09:37 EDTTBDTBDN/A
In Order ProcessingUnscheduled- CleanFeb-17-2022, 16:37 EST

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Those priority codes are within each dealership.
Same here! Though I requested my 7/30 order cancelled due to the dealer being terribleā€¦ but my order from 7/31 (different dealer) still isnā€™t scheduled. Order that was scheduled was priority code 19, the new one is a 10ā€¦ so I donā€™t understand why this happened lol. Does anyone think my new order will be scheduled tomorrow?

YourNameHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I was told by my dealer that car carriers once car reaches distribution centers for rail lines are struggling. If your car shows to be in New Boston , Mich (via dealer lookup) then it is shipping rail via CSX. I was told any car shipped via CSX especially to Columbia, SC is in limbo due to all the car carriers walked out. If your car shows to be in Melvindale, Mich then it is being shipped via rail by Norfolk Southern and the car carrier for those distribution centers are in better shape
I am in the North East. About 1hr from Chapman.

My car was built June 26 with an ETA of July 20-26. That date came and went. I got on the Ford Customer Service chat and found my car was still sitting in New Boston a month after it was built.

Yesterday I jumped on the chat again to see if I could get any more details. I was told my car shipped via convoy July 28th but was not told where it was right now. Maybe they moved it to a new train yard. maybe its coming via truck. Not sure. No one would tell me.

My new ETA is August 9-15. We will see.

The wait has been terrible. I ordered in early February. Its been delay after delay and delay.

Stewert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT premium
There's multiple factors to when you receive your car after it is built. Things like where the car is being shipped to, whether or not the train is about to leave the rail yard when you car's finished etc.. Before the whole pandemic thing started, most vehicles shipped by rail were delivered rather quickly. Now with the shortage of workers and the astronomical fuel prices, rail companies are waiting for maximum capacity rail shipments to conserve fuel.
Just read your profile. Our Mustangs we're built the same day. D

Sponsored

Stewert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT premium
My Mustang GT was built on 7/21 and was shipped on 7/23 to the CSX Twin Oaks auto depot, which is 12 miles south of Philadelphia. My dealer is approximately 6 miles from the depot. Ford has given me a delivery estimate between 8/3 & 8/8. I registered on the United Road website( The company that transport cars from the Twin Oaks depot to dealers in the Philadelphia tri-state area), so I can see if the car has arrived at the rail yard. As of right now, the web page is showing my car as inactive, meaning the car has not arrived yet. I contacted the Ford Performance chat and they said my car is due to arrive on Monday, 8/8. Keeping my fingers šŸ¤ž.

YourNameHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I contacted the Ford Performance chat and they said my car is due to arrive on Monday, 8/8. Keeping my fingers šŸ¤ž.
Is there any difference between the regular ford customer service folks and the Ford Performance people? Will the Performance folks give up more details?

Stewert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT premium
Is there any difference between the regular ford customer service folks and the Ford Performance people? Will the Performance folks give up more details?
Yes. They will give you the up to date status of when your car is due to arrive.

YourNameHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes. They will give you the up to date status of when your car is due to arrive.
I don't see a way to chat with them. the "Contact Us" at the very bottom just goes to the regular ford customer service page

Stewert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT premium
I don't see a way to chat with them. the "Contact Us" at the very bottom just goes to the regular ford customer service page
Ford Performance Web Chat is available only Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm EST.
Sponsored