22 S550 Tracking Thread

Ssjvegeta003

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST3
It’s my understanding that a dealer issued priority only matters for orders within that specific dealer. It also matters how much allocation they have.
I have a priority code 10, which afiak is the highest "normal" order you can have. Feel free to correct me now.
Sponsored

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I have a priority code 10, which afiak is the highest "normal" order you can have. Feel free to correct me now.
No need for hostility and I wasn‘t correciting you I was simply posting my understanding of how dealer issued priority works (10 to 99) although for retail orders it’s 10 to 19.

It’s good you have a 10 and if the dealer has several orders in the Unscheduled Order Bank and has the allocation your order should get picked (providing there is not a commodity hold) before your dealer order priorities of 11 to 19. Of course, if your dealer issued all his retail orders a Priority 10 then that doesn’t help you as now you are back to competing with orders from that dealer at the same level….

Some people think ( not meaning you ) that their priority number is competing with other people’s priority number across dealers and it is my understanding that’s not how it works. You only “compete” with other orders from the same dealer.

I think the reason some people’s orders are scheduled sooner than others from other dealers (same date of order) has more to do with dealer allocation than Iany other reason. The more models a dealer sells or is projected to sell the more allocation they get for that model.

It seems to me (and I don’t know this as fact) that dealers like Granger Ford have a decent balance of allocation and retail orders so their orders get scheduled relatively soon as compared to other dealers who might not have the allocation or have many more orders than allocation available at the time.

Anyway, best of luck and I hope you see your car soon!

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
Well, this is a pleasant surprise this morning. The tracker now says my vehicle is in production. Also got window sticker and blend date of 5/24. Only confusing part? It's at the newer, higher price. Dealer assured me that I was locked in. I assume the stickers are automated and show current pricing.

Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 8.11.43 AM.png

Last edited:

Stewert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT premium
Well, this is a pleasant surprise this morning. The tracker now says my vehicle is in production. Also got window sticker and blend date of 5/24. Only confusing part? It's at the newer, higher price. Dealer assured me that I was locked in. I assume the stickers are automated and show current pricing.

Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 8.11.43 AM.png
My dealer told me that you're "locked in" on the purchase price even if the price increase is reflected on the window sticker.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
My dealer told me that you're "locked in" on the purchase price even if the price increase is reflected on the window sticker.
Yes. There was a cutoff date of mid-April; all orders placed before mid-April received price protection.

Sponsored

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
Sorry to see that.... honestly, if I get a 3rd postponement again tonight, I'm withdrawing from my order, even if it's only an extra week. I'm pretty tired of waiting and riding my bike everywhere. I ordered December 30th
I am not quite to that point yet but each time it gets pushed back I get closer to that point. Just nothing on dealers lots I am interested in is the tough part

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
Some people think ( not meaning you ) that their priority number is competing with other people’s priority number across dealers and it is my understanding that’s not how it works. You only “compete” with other orders from the same dealer.

I think the reason some people’s orders are scheduled sooner than others from other dealers (same date of order) has more to do with dealer allocation than Iany other reason. The more models a dealer sells or is projected to sell the more allocation they get for that model.

It seems to me (and I don’t know this as fact) that dealers like Granger Ford have a decent balance of allocation and retail orders so their orders get scheduled relatively soon as compared to other dealers who might not have the allocation or have many more orders than allocation available at the time.
This was my exact understanding when I ordered my first in 2014 and - to my knowledge, BICBW - this has not change.

I had an order at my hometown dealership placed until I found out the dealership 20 minutes away had more allocations so I switched to them and got my car three months sooner.

I wonder how many of these rescheduled orders are just at dealerships or markets that are “small”?

My current dealership is a massive one in a major suburban area so I’m *hoping* it means a smooth and relatively quick experience.

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
Yes. There was a cutoff date of mid-April; all orders placed before mid-April received price protection.
That was my understanding too. I ordered March 9.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
Just curious -- were you verbally told "locked in" on the price, or did you also have a signed purchase agreement?

Stewert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT premium
Just curious -- were you verbally told "locked in" on the price, or did you also have a signed purchase agreement?
I have a signed purchase agreement.

Sponsored

Stewert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT premium
This was my exact understanding when I ordered my first in 2014 and - to my knowledge, BICBW - this has not change.

I had an order at my hometown dealership placed until I found out the dealership 20 minutes away had more allocations so I switched to them and got my car three months sooner.

I wonder how many of these rescheduled orders are just at dealerships or markets that are “small”?

My current dealership is a massive one in a major suburban area so I’m *hoping* it means a smooth and relatively quick experience.
I ordered my 2013 GT in September 2012 and got the car in 5 weeks. Of course, things were alot different back then.

Stewert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT premium
From sheet metal to finished vehicle usually takes 3 days total. If the line stops for 1 or several days the incomplete vehicles are started right where they left off.
Which I'm not too crazy about because this is when paint defects are likely to happen. The cars coming out of the electromagnetic dip tank are going to be sitting out in the open for a few days to a couple weeks. The cars coming out of the paint booth can pick up contaminants from sitting out wet.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30

Not sure. Assuming all of the following cars have the same priority at the same dealer, the way I see it is let’s say Dealer A has two Mustang allocations for the month and two orders. They get pulled from the USOB and scheduled for build.

Dealer B has two allocations for the month and 10 retail orders, two get built and eight remain in the USOB and any new orders drop in behind them. So the only way Dealer B gets more cars built is with more allocation which to my understanding will increase because of the orders coming in, but I’m sure it takes a bit of time for that to happen.

I think part of the reason you see so many people waiting so long is their dealer has low allocation compared to the number of orders.… now combine that with commodity problems and plant closures and delay after delay.

I know that my BMW dealer use to play the game where they would put a name on the order so it got picked up for build sooner than would have happened with a normal dealer stock order. BMW got wise to it and they can’t play that game anymore. lol

I’m assuming this might be why the Ford dealer attaches a copy of your driver’s license to the order so they know it is a retail order and not a dealer trying to sneak in a stock order.

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
I am not quite to that point yet but each time it gets pushed back I get closer to that point. Just nothing on dealers lots I am interested in is the tough part
Yeah I’ve been keeping an eye on what’s available around me… within a 75 mile radius there are a grand total of 8 new cars with a manual. And most of them are Kia Fortes 😵💫

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I haven't worked at a ford dealer-been in powersports for over 30 years now.

Allocations loosely follow the dealer's sales. IOW, if a big dealer sells a bunch of cars, they are more likely to get a better possibly quicker allocation

--or that's the way it used to work--

now, at our lil place, the manufacturer's allocations are based on 2019 sales because of covid. With that said, we sold 594 units total in 2019, 643 in 2020, 650 in 2021 and on track to do this again possibly a few more, in 2022, assuming we can get machines to sell. But we still have 2019's sales being used as allocation allowance. Obviously I don't really agree with this practice but as a dealer, there is honestly nothing more that we can do. We're trying to grow and will be, but if they can't get us any equipment to deliver to customers, we can't really grow the business.

There is more that plays into it as well. Sales, Parts, and Service technician training status plays into it as well. At our place both of our techs are gold service certified and that helps tremendously in more ways than allocation. One of the two parts guys is gold cert, the other is not-I'm thinking he's probably on his way out. One of the two salespeople is gold, the other is a sales trainee-with less than one year of tenure. All of this plays in.

The Locale plays in. The town we have our dealer in, small town of under 100,000. If we were in LA or NYC or something, our allocation numbers would be obviously higher based on the percentage of population vs dealer size and number of dealers in an area. They try to limit how many dealers in an area though, which is supposed to help every dealer have a chance. Ford wouldn't want to allocate 500 Ecoboost Mustangs to a dealer that serves a town of 900 people. My boss is part owner of one of those kinds of dealers which is why I chose to preorder mine locally rather than their dealer. I'll get it quicker and for same money.

The sales numbers and types also play in. Out here, trucks rule. There are few cars on the road. I would venture to guess that there are 3 trucks to every car, probably more. So manufacturers assign priority to pickup trucks over Mustangs based on past sales.
Sponsored