Sponsored

Ford GT and Mustang GT had a baby- umm never seen this body kit before

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Nice piece of work. Not surprising it's in LA. With all the capabilities in car central Southern California, you can get anything produced or customized, with the necessary $.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I agree that buying something with Ford's fit and finish for that much would be foolish, sure. But take a look—EVERY body panel on that thing, save the roofline, is unique. Even the rear quarters. Custom interior, too. Suspension, engine, brakes, exhaust—and I'm sure drivetrain had to be touched with 750 WHP.

Obviously I don't know specifics on these things, but it seems like just about every aspect of the car would've been touched by Pfitzer. With that in mind, it's no different than sending a fresh off the train car to Roush, Saleen, RTR—even Shelby. Speaking of the latter, I'd guess the closest equivalent to this would be their Super Snake—which is an $80,000 package.
I can see where you're coming from, but I was more so talking about the interior, which while it's been upgraded somewhat, still uses Ford's cheap plastics, etc. To me, that's a dealbreaker for that much money. Would you really opt for this over a GT350 + some money leftover or a GT500? No way would I do that.

Plus at the end of the day, your average joes are going to just be like "Oh you have a modded Mustang", which may appeal to certain people, but I'm not one of them. I can't say I would take this over an LC500 or a C8 Corvette, which cost around the same assuming no markup.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
I can see where you're coming from, but I was more so talking about the interior, which while it's been upgraded somewhat, still uses Ford's cheap plastics, etc. To me, that's a dealbreaker for that much money. Would you really opt for this over a GT350 + some money leftover or a GT500? No way would I do that.

Plus at the end of the day, your average joes are going to just be like "Oh you have a modded Mustang", which may appeal to certain people, but I'm not one of them. I can't say I would take this over an LC500 or a C8 Corvette, which cost around the same assuming no markup.
Mach 1's, GT350/R's, and GT500's all use the same of Ford's cheap plastics and materials as the GT and EB—and come from the factory with Ford's fit and finish. I hate to say but, they're not special parts. You'll still have the same easily scuffed kick panels, trim, center console. Why's that not a dealbreaker on those, especially at the prices they command?

"Average Joes" aren't any more liable to recognize a GT350 or GT500, either. To your normal commuter, a GT500 is just another loud as hell Mustang. And why care what they—or anyone for that matter, educated or not—think of your car anyway?

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Mach 1's, GT350/R's, and GT500's all use the same of Ford's cheap plastics and materials as the GT and EB—and come from the factory with Ford's fit and finish. I hate to say but, they're not special parts. You'll still have the same easily scuffed kick panels, trim, center console. Why's that not a dealbreaker on those, especially at the prices they command?

"Average Joes" aren't any more liable to recognize a GT350 or GT500, either. To your normal commuter, a GT500 is just another loud as hell Mustang. And why care what they—or anyone for that matter, educated or not—think of your car anyway?
A GT350 and GT500 not only cost the same or less, but the powerplant is way more special AND they come with a factory warranty. Plus, doesn't this kit car in question have the MT82 still, or am i mistaken? I didn't see a tranny swap on the mod list. That alone is enough to make me go for the GT350 if I was cross shopping these cars.

To be completely honest with you though — I have the same gripe about the interior not really matching the price on the GT500. It's decent with the premium package and I have no doubt the custom interior on this kit car is even better than that, but it still won't hold a candle to a BMW or Lexus interior. Like I said, I would buy a LC500, C8, or something that feels more premium at this price point.

Anyway, unless you really like the look of the car and the mods included, I don't see why one would spring for this, but that's my opinion. It's your car at the end of the day, if you like it, who am I and others to judge?

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
A GT350 and GT500 not only cost the same or less, but the powerplant is way more special AND they come with a factory warranty. Plus, doesn't this kit car in question have the MT82 still, or am i mistaken? I didn't see a tranny swap on the mod list. That alone is enough to make me go for the GT350 if I was cross shopping these cars.

To be completely honest with you though — I have the same gripe about the interior not really matching the price on the GT500. It's decent with the premium package and I have no doubt the custom interior on this kit car is even better than that, but it still won't hold a candle to a BMW or Lexus interior. Like I said, I would buy a LC500, C8, or something that feels more premium at this price point.

Anyway, unless you really like the look of the car and the mods included, I don't see why one would spring for this, but that's my opinion. It's your car at the end of the day, if you like it, who am I and others to judge?
Where the hell are these super cheap GT500s you’re buying?
The appeal to some people is GT350 and 500 are mass produced and this is a lot more of a one off special car. Not saying GT350 or 500s aren’t special or anything, but this is more of a head turner because it’s more unique. If it’s not for you than that’s your opinion and you’re welcome to it. I think this thing is sweet. I’d love to have it AND a GT500KR.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
imo, the person who designed that kit is talented, and should be working with some company designing cars. its a sporty take, the work looks excellent, but if they had a manufacturer type resources and budget, bet they could make a killer car

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
The appeal to some people is GT350 and 500 are mass produced and this is a lot more of a one off special car. Not saying GT350 or 500s aren’t special or anything, but this is more of a head turner because it’s more unique. If it’s not for you than that’s your opinion and you’re welcome to it. I think this thing is sweet. I’d love to have it AND a GT500KR.

I was assuming MSRP for the GT500. Know that's not really possible anymore since it's pretty much the end of the line, but those who were lucky/quick enough to get on a list for dealers doing MSRP (such as Granger) could theoretically get one for around $85k unless they go crazy with options (Why do stripes cost that much from factory? lmao). Also, GT500s are fairly rare and have every bit as much road presence as one of these, so I disagree on that. Sure the kit car looks a little more unique, but unique doesn't always mean better. (Just look at BMW with those awful new grills on the M cars)

Also, I've said several times in this thread that it's not my thing, but to each their own. I'm not trying to be an ass about it, styling and mods are a subjective thing. Done arguing about it at this point. Again, it's your money and your car — do with them as you please.
🤷‍♂️

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I have no issue with the price(unless he blew up the engine) Was this the Prototype for SEMA since it's a '16, sales ad said 50 - 2017s will be made.
And do you blame the guy if he paid $69k and now wants to make a profit for a rare car.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I was assuming MSRP for the GT500. Know that's not really possible anymore since it's pretty much the end of the line, but those who were lucky/quick enough to get on a list for dealers doing MSRP (such as Granger) could theoretically get one for around $85k unless they go crazy with options (Why do stripes cost that much from factory? lmao). Also, GT500s are fairly rare and have every bit as much road presence as one of these, so I disagree on that. Sure the kit car looks a little more unique, but unique doesn't always mean better. (Just look at BMW with those awful new grills on the M cars)

Also, I've said several times in this thread that it's not my thing, but to each their own. I'm not trying to be an ass about it, styling and mods are a subjective thing. Done arguing about it at this point. Again, it's your money and your car — do with them as you please.
🤷‍♂️
I’m not arguing my man, I’m too old for that shit. I am gonna disagree that a complete one off car isn’t more rare than a GT500 though…

Sponsored

seltzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1…on order.
$89K? :cwl:
It doesn’t look too bad.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Granger sells GT500's at invoice. I'd much rather buy a GT500
than this.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I have no issue with the price(unless he blew up the engine) Was this the Prototype for SEMA since it's a '16, sales ad said 50 - 2017s will be made.
And do you blame the guy if he paid $69k and now wants to make a profit for a rare car.
Keep in mind, the company that built it is permanently closed, and replacement parts would be near impossible to find if ever needed.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Not a fan of this. When I saw the first picture all I could see was something from Galpin and Pimp My Ride.

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good but for the front end (and the wheels too big). However,
for the money, I'd buy a C8
Sponsored