Sponsored

davtpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
For someone who doesn’t track but enjoys a nice car and doesn’t have a problem getting on a car a bit and hitting curves is it advisable? I don’t want to embarrass myself with others who live at the track lol. I would hate to forgo the benefit with the price tag on the purchase.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I didn't think there were any differences between HP and non-HP brakes. They both have the same cooling/ducting. I didn't think there was a difference in size either.

OP
OP
Ctodd1

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
I didn't think there were any differences between HP and non-HP brakes. They both have the same cooling/ducting. I didn't think there was a difference in size either.
Great point, HP notes a larger rotor on specs, but I thought HP and Non HP brakes were the same too. I'm going to have to look around and see if any differences in size or pads, etc.
I'm just going by what they told me - might not be accurate- :)

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't know the rotor was larger...so that would be a difference obviously.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ctodd1

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
I'm going to verify this with someone on the build line to see if anything is different. Ford specs on brakes also does not make sense as all mach's already come with the performance pack.
352 mm x 32 mm vented discs, four-piston 46 mm fixed aluminum calipers; Performance Package: Brembo six-piston 36 mm fixed aluminum calipers, 380 mm x 34 mm vented discs

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
It's not larger, HP doesn't improve anything about breaks. It's wider wheels+tyres, splitter, spoiler, adjustable struts, stiffer springs, solid anti-roll bar. Of course wider stickier tyres help with braking.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not larger, HP doesn't improve anything about breaks. It's wider wheels+tyres, splitter, spoiler, adjustable struts, stiffer springs, solid anti-roll bar. Of course wider stickier tyres help with braking.
That is what I thought. I went to TA last year...wonder if those guys have more time running the AT cars out there now. They were only doing the demo laps in MT cars. Wish they would have had the guys run the AT drivers like myself in an AT car on the demo too.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
The only difference between the HP and NON-Hp performance would be on the track. From the pros at Ford Performance school "The NON HP car brakes will not be able to slow the car enough without overheating after a few turns. The tires on HP also hold the turns better but regular tires are doable at a lower speed on the turns. The main concern is brakes. 1/2 mile straight runs, non HP's are not affected." If you are not a tracker it's only a matter of the looks of the front splitter, rear spoiler and a slightly wider tire.
Maybe he was talking about the PP GTs they run vs the base GT. They use those at the school as well and that statement is much more likely to be true there.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
For someone who doesn’t track but enjoys a nice car and doesn’t have a problem getting on a car a bit and hitting curves is it advisable? I don’t want to embarrass myself with others who live at the track lol. I would hate to forgo the benefit with the price tag on the purchase.
Not everyone there will have spent time at the track, so the skill levels will vary, and the instruction takes that into account. Learning to enjoy the car more than we can on the street is one aspect. Getting to practice in the skid car and reinforcing car dynamics and control are definitely worthwhile and applicable in our everyday driving. Definitely worth the trip.

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Not everyone there will have spent time at the track, so the skill levels will vary, and the instruction takes that into account. Learning to enjoy the car more than we can on the street is one aspect. Getting to practice in the skid car and reinforcing car dynamics and control are definitely worthwhile and applicable in our everyday driving. Definitely worth the trip.
I agree. I worked at Pocono Pa track for a few years at a drive event (school). Just relax and have fun. They set these things up to be safe.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will freely admit that it was my first time on a track so I was not in the fastest group, but it was a lot of fun...wish I could go back. The PP cars are only MT though so that is not an option either.

davtpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I will freely admit that it was my first time on a track so I was not in the fastest group, but it was a lot of fun...wish I could go back. The PP cars are only MT though so that is not an option either.
Thanks for the input folks. Manual is the only type of mustang I’ll drive so I’m good there :-)

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Looks like a lot of fun and looking to schedule soon. For those who made it out to TA in Utah how does it compare? I really enjoyed the Boss and Shelby TA as it was a very nice course. Did the Richard Petty nascar experience in Charlotte several years ago and that was a blast so I can't wait to experience it in the Mach 1.