Gas prices dropping soon?

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Oil prices are almost back down to $100 a barrel. If you don't need fuel, don't buy it yet. Should be falling soon. Only down a penny here, but it takes time for the process to drop them. I last bought gas in my work van on 2/24, before it went crazy high. About 1/4 left so I
I'll need gas by the weekend.
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I noticed today that the stations that are usually .10 higher are .10 lower than the rest today.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
It will be volatile for awhile, but staying high. Buy the dips. Lol

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Some depends on the green energy agenda versus how much fear high gas prices will hurt in the polls. My take is if the thinking is the public will accept continued high fuel and shipping inflation then nothing will be done in terms of policy about USA energy production.

Currently a " blame it all on Putin" strategy is being floated. I do not see that working since gas was already up well over a dollar/gal before the Ukraine invasion. Some will buy into the ploy but most will see thru that.

I figure the more extreme haters of fossil fuel use are pleased with the high fuel costs as they stand. Heck, if the EV vehicles and electric supply issues were already worked out the prices are already high enough to have me looking at an EV grocery getter. Several things make this premature for me. The cost of the EV's being a big one. There are a number of other issues.

Thing is the oil is not gone. The amount is not depleted in the sense we have used up that which is practical to produce. The countries and companies with oil might like to keep the oil high in order to reap a big profit. Thing is if they do so too long an economic recession or even worse depression can happen.
Some time not too many years ago I read that oil around $70 a barrel was a sweet spot for oil companies. I get that during the policy driven pandemic shutdowns and restrictions the price of a barrel got too low to be profitable to recover. I do not know if we will get back to $2/gal any time soon. I do think the current price will lead to serious economic issues.

This summer may be very painful. I do not have a crystal ball as to when fuel will be down. I hope the cost comes down sooner and hope it is not because flawed policy has driven us into an economic depression.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I hope you're right, it was $4.19 last Monday around me, by Wednesday it was $4.35. Saturday I filled up on the way back from the gym and it dropped to $4.29. I work from home, have no kids (big time saver right there :cwl:) and live below my means so I'm not as price conscience as others. I feel for the people who are struggling; let's hope it gets back in the $2 to $3 range.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
I hope you're right, it was $4.19 last Monday around me, by Wednesday it was $4.35. Saturday I filled up on the way back from the gym and it dropped to $4.29. I work from home, have no kids (big time saver right there :cwl:) and live below my means so I'm not as price conscience as others. I feel for the people who are struggling; let's hope it gets back in the $2 to $3 range.
The high price of crude was on 3/7. It has been going down since. We are supposed to be buying more oil from our allies now, instead of Russia.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
It might get back in the $3+ range soon, but worldwide demand is too high right now to see $2+ gas this year. The good news is with so many new EV's coming to market this year, gas demands will start dropping in future years.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Currently a " blame it all on Putin" strategy is being floated. I do not see that working since gas was already up well over a dollar/gal before the Ukraine invasion. Some will buy into the ploy but most will see thru that.
You give the average voter wwaaayyyyy too much credit. The Biden/Harris administration and Democrats generally are relying upon the very short memories of voters. They will remember the most recent thing and that is why we are hearing "it's Putin's fault" or "Putin's gas hike" being thrown about. They know that if they say it enough, that is what the average voter will remember in November 2022 and they expect to skate on any responsibility for their policies and the rapid increase in prices from January 2021 to January 2022 before anything happened in Ukraine.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
It might get back in the $3+ range soon, but worldwide demand is too high right now to see $2+ gas this year. The good news is with so many new EV's coming to market this year, gas demands will start dropping in future years.
And they are relying upon being able to tout Biden as the 'wartime president' in the mid-terms and the one who managed to bring the price of gas down from mid $4 to mid $3 (without mentioning that we went from mid $2 to close to $4 before any of the Ukraine activity). And unfortunately the short term memory of the average voter will affect the mid-terms.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
kind of wish I still had my little Zuma 125. I loved the little thing for around town hopping and going to gym. like 20 bucks a summer in fuel

walked out from a grocery store once though and saw a truck backing up to it and 2 guys putting tail gate down, I literally shouted at them and they got in truck and drove off.

then I found out scooter thieves are real. I installed a super loud alarm (tilt/motion) fortunately didnt end up needing it after that I sold it shortly after

oh yeah, 100+mpg on 87. would go 60mph with me on it

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The good news is with so many new EV's coming to market this year, gas demands will start dropping in future years.
Also hybrid sales went up 75% from ‘20 to ‘21 adding over 800,000 last year. Plug in Hybrids are good options for people who can run around town errands on electric and then take longer trips without range anxiety.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
without mentioning that we went from mid $2 to close to $4 before any of the Ukraine activity)
Why is this $2+ gas always mentioned? It was $3+ before COVID 19 and was driven down because NO ONE WAS DRIVING ANYWHERE.

and stop with the political BS or this thread will go bye bye

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Also hybrid sales went up 75% from ‘20 to ‘21 adding over 800,000 last year. Plug in Hybrids are good options for people who can run around town errands on electric and then take longer trips without range anxiety.
I would buy a new Maverick Hybrid as a run around daily driver vehicle, but Ford won't even accept an order for 4 more months. 42MPG in the city would offset my GT's 6.8MPG on E85 nicely.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I would buy a new Maverick Hybrid as a run around daily driver vehicle, but Ford won't even accept an order for 4 more months. 42MPG in the city would offset my GT's 6.8MPG on E85 nicely.
I almost bought one for pre order. but I bailed. wish I wouldnt of. could of sold for a pretty penny

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
You give the average voter wwaaayyyyy too much credit. The Biden/Harris administration and Democrats generally are relying upon the very short memories of voters. They will remember the most recent thing and that is why we are hearing "it's Putin's fault" or "Putin's gas hike" being thrown about. They know that if they say it enough, that is what the average voter will remember in November 2022 and they expect to skate on any responsibility for their policies and the rapid increase in prices from January 2021 to January 2022 before anything happened in Ukraine.
Hello; I fear you may be correct. Those who want to believe will. The answer could be sites such as this on which the truth could be pointed out. Much will depend on these sites allowing such information.
Sponsored