Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
I just love how much animosity people have for the heritage R. No matter how much we want to force the “ stickers, paint, 280 made” story, the market is clearly speaking that they are more than that. It’s really undeniable and is quite satisfying.

I thought they made too many Ford GT heritage models but look where we are today.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I just love how much animosity people have for the heritage R. No matter how much we want to force the “ stickers, paint, 280 made” story, the market is clearly speaking that they are more than that. It’s really undeniable and is quite satisfying.

I thought they made too many Ford GT heritage models but look where we are today.
Legit post

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
LR008. Very nice.

Also first HEP R I've seen with the blue Shelby lettering.

Can a HEP R on CaB compete with the one that just sold on BaT?
one sold in January with 1300 miles for $136k but IMO cars and bids doesn’t seem to bring out the whales like BAT

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

It's more shock and awe - and I genuinely wish they would have done a little extra - then there wouldn't be much use in bench racing the topic. Personally, there's a lot I don't like about the car. Ford has previously labeled cars as special editions with special paint combos - and almost always sells too many of them. People bought them up (spring feature cars, anyone?) and they never caught on, but you would always seem them for sale in the classifieds for some crazy number. I don't like the color and I at least wish they would have made fewer of them... This is all subjective, but I would have been SO onboard for a special 2020 package that included PTS (aside from Ford having trouble even painting it's normal colors..different arguement). Imagine special tuning - even 10-20HP and you pick ANY color.

I do have a feeling that other rare 2020 colors are going to get a boost, which I cant complain about because it will benefit me. People say just drive them...but everyone has a sensibility level that at some point of appreciation, is going to kick in and slow their desire to drive their cars. I'm no different - I havent hit that point yet but I'm not immune or oblivious to it.

FKE SNK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 93 Cobra clone
Agreed, I would have loved to have an iconic car. Only found one, and they wanted above MSRP when I got mine for under. I'm totally happy with it but there are a ton of magnetics cars.

Those single year colors are special

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
Agreed, I would have loved to have an iconic car. Only found one, and they wanted above MSRP when I got mine for under. I'm totally happy with it but there are a ton of magnetics cars.

Those single year colors are special
Yes sir.

20210630_201747.jpg

20211202_153314.jpg

20220201_155214.jpg

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Take a lesson from the above exchange… one owner says he would be happy to discuss his Hagerty experience privately. Why he would offer to do so is his biz, but with who he’s offering to discuss it with is questionable.

A few posts later and you see the person he was discussing it with has now decided to put some of the PM in his post. Trivial… and now you’ve apparently insulted him. Smh

As Proverbs 20:3 says, “It is honorable for a man to resolve a dispute, but any fool can get himself into a quarrel.” Let it go…
I believe you are the new Dr. Phil of Mustang6g.

Well said...

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I believe you are the new Dr. Phil of Mustang6g.

Well said...
Please...... What was discussed in PM was insurance rates. You guys need to get over yourselves.

But now that we are on the subject, Fred continues to be Fred. Dr Phil...... Laugh my ass off.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman

Please...... What was discussed in PM was insurance rates. You guys need to get over yourselves.

But now that we are on the subject, Fred continues to be Fred. Dr Phil...... Laugh my ass off.
I have no idea what you are talking about with discussions of insurance rates in a PM... I was just making a joke based on his response. If you're telling me to get over myself, well I'm just confused.
I'm just here for a good time!

FORUM DISCLAIMER
I may have misread a forum response.... gee that would be a first....!!!!!???!!!!

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have no idea what you are talking about with discussions of insurance rates in a PM... I was just making a joke based on his response. If you're telling me to get over myself, well I'm just confused.
I'm just here for a good time!

FORUM DISCLAIMER
I may have misread a forum response.... gee that would be a first....!!!!!???!!!!
Yes, I think you did. He was referring to my PM with the other guy discussing hagarty insurance rates. Downright paranoid. Maybe you missed it. Reread it please, see below.

Screenshot_20220228-202052_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
@dpAtlanta unfortunately you committed a sin… you responded to a post of mine in a way which got under Tommy’s skin. Talk about paranoid?.. lol. Poor fella was on another thread asking a fellow poster what was so funny, just because the poster commonly uses a lol emoji.

Anyways, back on target we go… the most produced color R for 2020, with a gloriously hideous color and stickers package to a very minute faction, obviously is a grand joke to some of these guys cause they feel the HEPR values are bloviated and stupid.

That being said, it appears the prices of the HEPRs validate their place in automotive history despite just having a mere “stickers and color” package.

Just like me, they had the same opportunity to purchase one but chose not to for personal reasons and that’s totally fine… running someone’s car down because it has a stickers and color package not of their taste and commanding a segment premium appears trivial and wreaks of jealousy. Arguing a market that has now seen more than 4 HEPRs going for > $130k as inflated is not a smart argument.