Sponsored

Video: Making an automatic 10R80 shift like a manual.

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
So i do this every so often with the 10 speed - because i love the way a manual sounds when it shifts (and i drove one for over 20 years exclusively).

I stuck a go pro on the rear bumper to capture the sound. Yeah, its a bit silly (and i switch to regular paddle shifting at 40 seconds) but its fun and i thought someone might get some kind of enjoyment out of it!

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So i do this every so often with the 10 speed - because i love the way a manual sounds when it shifts (and i drove on for over 20 years exclusively). I stuck a go pro on the rear bumper to capture the sound. Yeah, its a bit silly (and i switch to regular paddle shifting at 40 seconds) but its fun and i thought someone might get some kind of enjoyment out of it!

Great capture - and most who blast the 10R80 owners have never even driven one to know and experience it’s full potential when WOT’ing…

Plus, most who did “test drive” one had the pussy-footed Dealership 10 min drive “around the block” where the car never exceeded certain barriers to REALLY get the 10R80 experience… but they still will blast it as “inferior”…

Then there’s the other external camp… ask those who experienced getting whooped by a 10R80… LOL

Thanks for sharing the vid!

OP
OP
W.O.T. Stang

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Great capture - and most who blast the 10R80 owners have never even driven one to know and experience it’s full potential when WOT’ing…

Plus, most who did “test drive” one had the pussy-footed Dealership 10 min drive “around the block” where the car never exceeded certain barriers to REALLY get the 10R80 experience… but they still will blast it as “inferior”…

Then there’s the other external camp… ask those who experienced getting whooped by a 10R80… LOL

Thanks for sharing the vid!
It really is such a dynamic transmission. Its an absolute animal when it adapts to your driving style. If you drive like a 'normal' person it will treat you like one... if you start doing a few high rpm shifts - it will turn into a beast and do 3 high rpm downshifts in a row when you get on the brakes.. i absolutely love it!

You really have to give it a chance - like you said - most drive it 10 mins around the block in normal mode and say 'meh - its alright' you really have to have some time with it to understand what makes it incredible. I wish everyone understood this. (and this is coming from a die-hard manual guy all of his life!)
Sponsored