Sponsored

VIDEO: Another Mod Day! Barton Hybrid 3 Shifter Install & First Impressions

jashton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What's up guys!

Had another successful mod day installing my Barton Hybrid 3 shifter, which I'm already in love with. I'll be doing a full review on this shifter in a few weeks but so far I couldn't be more impressed. Also, I had my friends Andrew and and Scott over and they did a few s550 mods of their own.

I hope you guys enjoy the video, it took a while to edit but I always have fun going through some mod footage. :)

[ame]
Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Watching this vid reminds me how incredibly simple it was to replace a shifter in my Fox body Stangs.

Took 1/2 an hour, everything done from the interior, no lift required. I don't like working on newer cars!

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB, Manual, PP, Navi, 201a etc.
Great video. I been looking to this this shifter for my EB(They are coming out with one soon) and had some questions that maybe you can help answer. I noticed some ppl have ran dynmat over their MGW and steeda tri-ax shifters. Do u feel that there's enough vibration with the body mount that this should also be considered? See pic below for reference.

529954d1469920167-mgw-shifter-vibrations-img_20160730_121633.jpg

Also have you had any experience messing with the other shifters, MGW, Steeda? I was curious how the feel of those compare.

OP
OP

jashton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Watching this vid reminds me how incredibly simple it was to replace a shifter in my Fox body Stangs.

Took 1/2 an hour, everything done from the interior, no lift required. I don't like working on newer cars!
Haha, this was actually a very enjoyable install for me. There were no hangups and nothing too difficult. It took somewhere in the 3-5 hour range, but there was some stoppage time in there.

Great video. I been looking to this this shifter for my EB(They are coming out with one soon) and had some questions that maybe you can help answer. I noticed some ppl have ran dynmat over their MGW and steeda tri-ax shifters. Do u feel that there's enough vibration with the body mount that this should also be considered? See pic below for reference.

Also have you had any experience messing with the other shifters, MGW, Steeda? I was curious how the feel of those compare.
I have no vibrations, but do have a rattle caused by something trans related. I had a clutch replacement on my car with 1,200 miles and ever since that point I've an intermittent vibration/rattle. Adding the Barton eliminated 95% of that, likely because it is a much more solid assembly. With that said I think Dynmat isn't a bad idea at all for any shifter.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Haha, this was actually a very enjoyable install for me ... It took somewhere in the 3-5 hour range, but there was some stoppage time in there ...
In 3-5 hours, I could've replaced my '85 GT's stock shifter with a Pro 5.0, had lunch, and watched a movie ... with time to spare.

lol

OP
OP

jashton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
In 3-5 hours, I could've replaced my '85 GT's stock shifter with a Pro 5.0, had lunch, and watched a movie ... with time to spare.

lol
I can't argue with that, but I will say I love working on my car so the time was well spent! :thumbsup:
Sponsored