Sponsored

Perceptions of Middle-age Men in Mustangs

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
45 and on my second mustang. Sold my 16 when I got restationed from PA to the Pentagon because I didn't want it sitting outside in VA nor was it particularly practical for NOVA traffic. When I retired from the military last year, and moved to Huntsville, my wife not only encouraged a new Mustang but the Mach 1. She just saw the way my face lit up seeing that car on the showroom floor, and she convinced me to reward myself after a successful 20+ year military career. She also thought it was the best looking Mustang she had ever seen. I don't care what anyone thinks about it...I even have a good assortment of Mustang shirts and two hats to boot. The shirts are subtle (mostly pony symbols, two from track attack and the Mach 1 one that they gave out at Carlisle), but I love my car and worked a long time to get to the place where I could afford this car. I enjoy being part of our local Mustang club too. What I see is more of is the age problem Mustang is having with attracting younger buyers-most of our club has me by at least 15 years. We have a few under 30 and they are mostly in older models or ones they have bought used.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
60++ and picking up my M1. Have had dozens of sports cars and don t care who thinks what. Not trying to impress but enjoying my hobby. PS/Feel like 20 except notice the glasses so I can see the money I sign away, LOL.
IMG_0439.jpg

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
60++ and picking up my M1. Have had dozens of sports cars and don t care who thinks what. Not trying to impress but enjoying my hobby. PS/Feel like 20 except notice the glasses so I can see the money I sign away, LOL.
IMG_0439.jpg
Congrats to youā€¦Im 63 and as I like to say I donā€™t want to be the richest guy in the cemetery. šŸ˜Ž

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Turning 65 this year. Itā€™s been decades since I cared what other people thought šŸ˜ ā€¦ā€¦..even less now. šŸ˜ my GT/CS makes me smile when Iā€™m driving it or just looking at it sitting still. Non car guys and gals will never understand how we feel so no sense trying to convince them.

7CA70E59-5733-4EEF-94D9-8BA5B0D25F05.jpeg

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Words only hurt if we let them. It won't affect me if some other person does not like that I drive what I drive. I came out of 911's before getting my Mustang. I paid for it with my own money so I think I am entitled to do as I wish. Never thinking I need the approval of a stranger or an internet troll! Would they say the same about a billionaire driving a Bugatti, doubtful.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I was just chatting on Face Book (kinda slow at work right now) about how some women I know have rather snide attitudes about older guys with Mustangs.

"I love it when females I know toss out hints about how they perceive middle-aged men in Mustangs/Camaros/etc. Like we're all lecherous mid-life crisis victims cruising bars for women 1/2 our age, trying to re-live our youth.

The easiest way to deflect the non-sense is to mention that such cars attract other dudes virtually exclusively. It takes too long to explain the fun/hobby/relaxation/enjoyment, etc. to people that view cars as nothing more than a necessary evil."

I think that most car-guys experience such silly crap. Thoughts?
My ex wife was going to drive me into Manhattan to get operated on. Good women. She took one look at my new Mustang and commented sarcastically what do you think your 18. I told her I started drinking at 13 which means I stopped maturing at that point and I've been sober 10 years no I'm not 18 I'm 23. Moral 0f the story we must get physically old but we can still be young at heart. When some 20 something says nice stang I tell them sorry I don't have a grands

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
My ex wife was going to drive me into Manhattan to get operated on. Good women. She took one look at my new Mustang and commented sarcastically what do you think your 18. I told her I started drinking at 13 which means I stopped maturing at that point and I've been sober 10 years no I'm not 18 I'm 23. Moral 0f the story we must get physically old but we can still be young at heart. When some 20 something says nice stang I tell them sorry I don't have a grandson.

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Driving my 21 convertible GT today and a old guy in a beat up Toyota tundra at a red light opens his window and says to me " a bit old to driving a mustang...don't you think? Thats a young kids car." Lot's of thoughts were going through my head...but down here in Florida...a guy could easily be carrying..so I decided to answer by saying " not sure if they can afford it " He gave a half laugh and by that time the light changed. Ok...I am 61...and really like the mustang...so much so I put in a Roush supercharger and waiting for my Cervini ram air hood to arrive. So I say f-them, why does it matter, life is made for living to the fullest.
What an asshole that guy was. Misery loves company. Judgemental. Please don't let a random stranger's mind games even slightly interfere with your good time.

In reality it's, "a bit old to be making rude comments to people in regards to what they enjoy... don't you think?"

Last edited:

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
Driving my 21 convertible GT today and a old guy in a beat up Toyota tundra at a red light opens his window and says to me " a bit old to driving a mustang...don't you think? Thats a young kids car." Lot's of thoughts were going through my head...but down here in Florida...a guy could easily be carrying..so I decided to answer by saying " not sure if they can afford it " He gave a half laugh and by that time the light changed. Ok...I am 61...and really like the mustang...so much so I put in a Roush supercharger and waiting for my Cervini ram air hood to arrive. So I say f-them, why does it matter, life is made for living to the fullest.
Guy was definitely jealous and probably wishes he was driving a mustang!

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Women who have a strong opinion (either way) about what a man drives should be avoided like a shit covered grenade.
A shit grenade? I don't even think Lahey used that one.

Really, though, the best part about getting older is that you stop caring what others think. I couldn't afford this car when I was young. I can now, and that is why I'm driving it.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
"Why it's hard for old men to get jobs after retirement"

An old man has applied for a job as the greeter at the local Walmart, and is getting interviewed by the woman in charge of "Human Resources".
She asks the old man, "What do you think is your greatest weakness?"
He replies, "Honesty".
To which the woman says,"Why I think honesty is an admirable quality and shouldn't be considered a weakness".
And the old man says, "I don't give a fuck what you think".
Sponsored