Sponsored

Life After The GT350R?

subject617

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT, 2020 Bullitt
Selling a GT350 is considered a crime. But thats easy to say for others, your bond to it might be a lot less than others have to a daily.
Where to next? a C7 or C8 Corvette seems pretty neat, yeah it has less HP, but who cares.
Or planes, doing 200+kn with around 200hp is neat, also they usually have good displacement if that matters. :)
And quirks, im weird but i like doing all the preflight and pre-taxi stuff.
Sponsored

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Do you want to keep the front engine, rear drive setup ? If so, I would stay away from BMW M2 C or M4. They Have the engine cooling down but not the braking in stock form. Better off with Chevy Camaro or C7 grand sport. Otherwise, a used Porsche Cayman makes for great track and street car, always see lots of them at DE events at Sebring.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...-competition-vs-2019-chevrolet-camaro-ss-1le/
No, Iā€™m not partial to engine placement. I just want a reliable, fast, and somewhat affordable track car, thatā€™s reliable and fun on the weekend. The 718 Cayman is high on the list. My wife wonā€™t be caught dead in a Camaro or Corvette on Sundays no matter how hard I try, which absolutely kills me (but thankfully, this is pretty much only a track car). I love the Coyote V8 RWD experience, and Sunday drives. And now that Iā€™ve had it, Iā€™m okay with continuing forward with a platform that makes more sense in regards to what Iā€™m trying to accomplish. I might just tell the wife to pound dirt and do a ZL1 1LE. Iā€™m lined up for the 3 coolers over the winter (trans/oil/diff), but Iā€™m totally on the fence with pulling the trigger (and I think the shop is too, because coolers still wonā€™t fix all the S550 track cooling issues). From watching Alessandro, I need Aero (definitely hood mods), all 3 coolers, grille airflow direction/modification for air, and aux water jet sprayers for radiator/all coolers. And he blew through multiple A10ā€™s. šŸ˜‘
Sucks, even a PP1 canā€™t stay on a HPDE track for 3 X 20 min sessions in 1 day. šŸ˜£
As much as I want to build and love my car, it just doesnā€™t seem like the appropriate path.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
because coolers still wonā€™t fix all the S550 track cooling issues
As in GT 5.0 cooling issues? The S550 GT350 and the S550 GT500 have no cooling issues (outside of the '15 and '16 350 tech packs).

It seems your situation calls for a GT350. Happy wife = happy life.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
No, Iā€™m not partial to engine placement. I just want a reliable, fast, and somewhat affordable track car, thatā€™s reliable and fun on the weekend. The 718 Cayman is high on the list. My wife wonā€™t be caught dead in a Camaro or Corvette on Sundays no matter how hard I try, which absolutely kills me (but thankfully, this is pretty much only a track car). I love the Coyote V8 RWD experience, and Sunday drives. And now that Iā€™ve had it, Iā€™m okay with continuing forward with a platform that makes more sense in regards to what Iā€™m trying to accomplish. I might just tell the wife to pound dirt and do a ZL1 1LE. Iā€™m lined up for the 3 coolers over the winter (trans/oil/diff), but Iā€™m totally on the fence with pulling the trigger (and I think the shop is too, because coolers still wonā€™t fix all the S550 track cooling issues). From watching Alessandro, I need Aero (definitely hood mods), all 3 coolers, grille airflow direction/modification for air, and aux water jet sprayers for radiator/all coolers. And he blew through multiple A10ā€™s. šŸ˜‘
Sucks, even a PP1 canā€™t stay on a HPDE track for 3 X 20 min sessions in 1 day. šŸ˜£
As much as I want to build and love my car, it just doesnā€™t seem like the appropriate path.
Iā€˜m not brand loyal, not even close. I always buy what I feel is best for me and the Mrs.
That said, the Camaro was on my short list until I sat in one and couldnā€™t see out.
I asked owners about the poor visibility and most responses were ā€œyou get used to itā€. How do you get used to poor visibility?

Sponsored

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Iā€˜m not brand loyal, not even close. I always buy what I feel is best for me and the Mrs.
That said, the Camaro was on my short list until I sat in one and couldnā€™t see out.
I asked owners about the poor visibility and most responses were ā€œyou get used to itā€. How do you get used to poor visibility?

Did you ever sit in a GT350R or a GT500CFTP and look to see if ANYTHING was behind you???

You do get used to blind spots.

DirtRoadTrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I had a 17 GT350 I used on street and track, sold it, bought a spec Miata for track duty, and couldnā€™t shake the GT350. So now I still race the Miata (slow but tons of fun with 40 other equivalent cars and no financial fear of crashing it) and the 350R for fun on the street. So, I donā€™t think thereā€™s life afterā€¦I canā€™t think of a viable substitute at this point for me, especially since I have added rear seats for my kids.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Did you ever sit in a GT350R or a GT500CFTP and look to see if ANYTHING was behind you???

You do get used to blind spots.
Iā€™ll assume my GT350 has the same visibility as the R and GT500. So yes Iā€™m very comfortable with it.
Does the wing take up that much room?
Iā€˜m rarely concerned with whatā€™s behind me unless Iā€™m riding a motorcycle.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Iā€™ll assume my GT350 has the same visibility as the R and GT500. So yes Iā€™m very comfortable with it.
Iā€˜m rarely concerned with whatā€™s behind me unless Iā€™m riding a motorcycle.
Amen

Sponsored

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Only reason Iā€™d buy a GT350R is for track - so Iā€™d love to see the track focused folksā€™ opinions.
Iā€™m debating on offloading the track purpose GT and moving toā€¦..God knows what. Anything that can keep itself cool on track, and put down decent numbers. And be fun to drive on Sundays.
Harder than it sounds. šŸ˜‘
Found an 2020 M2CompC todayā€¦..$98K šŸ˜³
Really donā€™t want to wad up $100K in a wall.
Found some used M4ā€™s for $50ishā€¦.
Kinda sounds like you are writing a want ad for a Mach 1, but I would understand if you move out of the Ford family after the R

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What is car life like after the GT350R?
With mine up for sale I am curious what others have jumped into. Lots of cool cars out there but really not sure where to land. All the fun stuff is 100k it seems. With everything being limited availibility I have a feeling the moment I get my head set on something and I wont even be able to get it.
For me it's a little like the loss of a friend or coworker. You will never be completely over it, but the pain will decrease over time.

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
What is car life like after the GT350R?
With mine up for sale I am curious what others have jumped into. Lots of cool cars out there but really not sure where to land. All the fun stuff is 100k it seems. With everything being limited availibility I have a feeling the moment I get my head set on something and I wont even be able to get it.

SV504 GT350R Billet Aluminum Clear-4.jpg
SV504 GT350R Billet Aluminum Clear-13.jpg
SV504 GT350R Billet Aluminum Clear-18.jpg
SV504 GT350R Billet Aluminum Clear-16.jpg
SV504 GT350R Billet Aluminum Clear-14.jpg
SV504 GT350R Billet Aluminum Clear-05.jpg
SV504 GT350R Billet Aluminum Clear-7.jpg
SV504 GT350R Billet Aluminum Clear-08.jpg
SV504 GT350R Billet Aluminum Clear-3.jpg
SV504 GT350R Billet Aluminum Clear-1.jpg
Insane car. Bold but cool. These photographs are amazing. Who did the photography if you don't mind me asking.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I'd buy the new Ferrari or the new McLaren.

I still like my GT350. It was special ordered in a very fast color.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The R wing deletes a full 1/3 of the rear view, and it's right at the height where you can recognize the headlights of what's coming up on you.
Sponsored