Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Took the RS3 out for a spin tonight and low and behold observed an idiot at work. Another Mustang just had to impress me how fast his car was and did they old weave in and out of traffic.
That worked until he weaved and the car in front brake checked him and took out his right front side.

No injuries but what an idiot.

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber blue GT, 1999 Honda Prelude
I got a very similar pic last weekend
83D9DFBB-EA72-44BD-A6BB-8630F9D3C475.jpeg
I didn't do anything to my Mustang today, but I decided that confession would be cleansing.

I love this forum and seeing all of the great things that Mustang owners do with our cars to make them the way we like them. I pick up ideas here and there of things that I end up doing. That having been said:

I regularly us 87 octane gas;
I only use one bucket (with a grit guard) when I wash my car in the warm months;
I sometimes run my Mustang through a soft-cloth car wash with the "chassis bath" in the cold months to get the salt off of the chassis;
I like the look of my factory 20" wheels, despite their unnecessary weight;
I do not have ceramic on my finish, although I do use Turtle Wax's Ceramic Spray Coating several times a year and I think that my paint looks good;
I drive my Mustang as my daily driver every day, regardless of the weather;
I have black wheels for my winter tires, but now wish that I had gotten some with a silver finish.

I trust that some of you may decide that I am a barbarian for the way that I treat my Mustang, but I love driving Mustang GTs as much as any of us, and I get that joy every day, year 'round.

Thanks.
It’s your ride, do what works for you. If someone doesn’t like it, let them make the payments.
I ran mine through a soft cloth car wash a couple times a week, til it scratched my car badly in two places and ripped the drivers side scoop off twice.
I leave the car to sit outside with my wife’s 2020 Acura, while my 1999 Honda occupies the garage.
My son picked out the mustang, he’s 6 years old and it’s what I drive him to school in every morning.
I don’t feel bad. It’s just a car, a nice car, but it’s no collectors item.
I have better than 60k tied up in the Honda so it will remain in its current spot.
how does that happen? curious
I have no idea. It was like that when I bought it. Maybe a dog scratched it and got bigger? Sun? No clue :)
Previous owner must have had some 80 grit ashy elbows…

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Went to a drag strip for the first time. I only got in two runs, and didn't do great, but it was a blast. First pass I had it in drag mode and I was spinning with each shift the whole 1/8th mile. Second pass was in sport+, which was better. I just got a set of ET Street R's for next weekend. Hopefully they will help.

Last edited:

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
No offence but what the actual F? Did you misspell 'NSX'?
None taken. It’s a prelude, not an nsx. It’s a FWD car with a 2.3L NA 4 cylinder engine. 249whp was good for the time for that size engine, built in 2005.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
None taken. It’s a prelude, not an nsx. It’s a FWD car with a 2.3L NA 4 cylinder engine. 249whp was good for the time for that size engine, built in 2005.
K20/24 swap? Pics?

Sponsored

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
Why bother it's just a car ......?...that would be a maybe (honda LMAO)
Because he asked for them, that’s why. If you don’t like it, keep it moving. I won’t clog up this thread as it’s not mustang related. Are you offended because I said MY mustang isn’t a collectors item? My Prelude isn’t a collectors item either, but the work I’ve done to it makes it mean something to me. True auto enthusiasts can understand this. Get out of your feels. While your at it, change your tampon, the color may be starting to turn rapid red.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Because he asked for them, that’s why. If you don’t like it, keep it moving. I won’t clog up this thread as it’s not mustang related. Are you offended because I said MY mustang isn’t a collectors item? My Prelude isn’t a collectors item either, but the work I’ve done to it makes it mean something to me. True auto enthusiasts can understand this. Get out of your feels. While your at it, change your tampon, the color may be starting to turn rapid red.
If you can't play with the big dogs then get off the porch .
Sponsored