OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You conveniently left out the part of my statement where I said I got the information.
What information specifically?
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I don't think he does irony.

I doubt he does the ironing either!
More ridicule. If you watch any national news you would have seen this reported. One prominent place was a hospital whose employees sued due to the hospital requiring vaccines to remain employed.

Several weeks ago it was widely reported that States who locked down and States who did not had the same infection rates. I looked into it and also found Sweden's infection rate was also similar to the lock down areas.

We would have to throw Aus out due to the fact they were basically placed on house arrest. Not a place I would like to live.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
More ridicule. If you watch any national news you would have seen this reported. One prominent place was a hospital whose employees sued due to the hospital requiring vaccines to remain employed.

Several weeks ago it was widely reported that States who locked down and States who did not had the same infection rates. I looked into it and also found Sweden's infection rate was also similar to the lock down areas.

We would have to throw Aus out due to the fact they were basically placed on house arrest. Not a place I would like to live.
My apologies...I didn't think you were actually being serious there.

Carry on.

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R

What were the states? I actually made a miscalculation because I forgot that Sweden's density population was in the metric system. The rates were all dramatically lower than Sweden's. Sweden has a population density similar to Vermont, Wisconsin and Mississippi. Most of the states went on lockdown, some continued longer for others but nearly all of the states went into some sort of lockdown.

Doesn't really make any sense to compare the COVID response to a place like Vermont to something like Florida or New York where the density population is much higher. This is one of the reasons why the Ebola virus stayed an epidemic. It was extremely lethal and did a good job of killing the hosts before they could spread it to others.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
No, Australia is huge. VERY small odds of actually running into any undesirables you've encountered on the internet.

Super-Genius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Oxford White Mustang GT
One prominent place was a hospital whose employees sued due to the hospital requiring vaccines to remain employed.
... and they lost. You made a big jump from some fucktards at a Houston, Tx hospital to healthcare providers are the most reluctant. They are, most definitely, not

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well….when you say ridiculous things, you’ll be ridiculed.
”placed under house arrest” - again, I gather you read that on one of your preferred media sources?

How about we try the reality?

The lockdowns have been (generally) targeted at specific regions where the case rate is climbing.
They lockdown, the case rate plummets, they reopen. It’s pretty simple.

Now to the “house arrest“ part.….
Would you like to guess how many days of work I’ve missed over the past 18 months due to government imposed restrictions? How about “not a single ONE”.
Now, of course this isn’t the case for everybody, largely depending on their sector in the workforce and their location. Obviously.

The biggest inconvenience I’ve experienced so far has been that I can’t go for a ride on my motorbike this weekend… well, strictly speaking I can, as long as it’s not more than 5km’s from home (which is where the fun stuff is). However, if I had a decent reason for being more than 5km’s from home, that too would be fine. It’s just that “I want to go and tear up some roads for fun” doesn’t qualify as a good enough reason and I’m not selfish enough to try and invent a reason.

The part you’re missing with lockdowns in an environment where the case rates are low is this:
It buys the government time to do contact tracing and testing.
We had our first case in my area last week. Thanks to the system we have in place, I know exactly where he’s been and at what times. Those who have been near him are able to isolate themselves (they typically do this quite willingly) and go get tested.

I probably should mention that he caught the virus at a football game in Melbourne. Seems kind of odd that people who are “under house arrest” are attending football games 600km’s from their home. lol.

That case came to light on Sunday last week. By Monday morning, the lineups at the testing sites were INSANE. Mate of mine from work arrived there at 9am Monday morning (drive through testing) and had to wait 10 hours for them to process the people ahead of him.

Why? Because people recognise that the lockdowns are triggered by case rates. They have a vested interest in ensuring the case rates are low.

In short, people can either be part of the problem or part of the solution. Thankfully, most of them want to be part of the latter.

This might explain why we’ve conducted 2/3rds as much testing per capita as the US despite only having 1% of the cases (Per capita).

Can you even imagine what the testing here in Australia would look like if we had your case rates?

How would a government even attempt to do contact tracing when you have >200,000 cases walking in each day?

How would you slow the spread if you can’t work out who is likely to be infected and a decent portion of the the people don’t even believe that a mask “might“ offer “some” help in slowing it down?

Why should more than half a million people die because of “freedom” and idiocy?
Yes, I hear you say that most of them were older people, on their last legs and all that…
But there’s also the 1500 plus nursing home staff who‘ve died from it (so far).

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Florida population density : 353.4 people per square mile
https://worldpopulationreview.com/states/florida-population

New York population density : 421 people per square mile
https://worldpopulationreview.com/states/new-york-population

That's a ~20% difference in population density. There are many different variables that come into play when looking only at total population, population density has less. Its not a complete 1:1 situation. The comparison would be more fair if the difference was alot lower, like a 10% difference.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im just playing the game. Im not the one who came up with the rules, the claim was that Sweden had a lower overall infection rate than the states that had lockdowns. It doesn't make sense to compare a country that has the population density of Vermont to to rest of the states as a whole.

I didn't mention anything about nursing homes. You can play that game by yourself 😆

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Im just playing the game. Im not the one who came up with the rules, the claim was that Sweden had a lower overall infection rate than the states that had lockdowns. It doesn't make sense to compare a country that has the population density of Vermont to to rest of the states as a whole.

I didn't mention anything about nursing homes. You can play that game by yourself 😆
The nursing home angle is a simpleton talking point picked up from Fox News and Breitbart.com, it's inane, and irrelevant.

You don't even have a baseline for a real discussion - as the person who I assume you're replying to - has no background/education in [basic] statistics, epidemiology, etc., heck, they made several assertions about EVs that are so painfully inaccurate and inept, they're being laughed at on other sites.

I don't even understand where they arrive at this notion they're some kind of subject matter expert on any of these topics, it's just absurd, and for people who have actual education, experience, who are professionals in this area, it's just fucking tedious and/or laughable dealing with these halwits.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The nursing home angle is a simpleton talking point picked up from Fox News and Breitbart.com, it's inane, and irrelevant.

You don't even have a baseline for a real discussion - as the person who I assume you're replying to - has no background/education in [basic] statistics, epidemiology, etc., heck, they made several assertions about EVs that are so painfully inaccurate and inept, they're being laughed at on other sites.

I don't even understand where they arrive at this notion they're some kind of subject matter expert on any of these topics, it's just absurd, and for people who have actual education, experience, who are professionals in this area, it's just fucking tedious and/or laughable dealing with these halwits.
I’m assuming this is directed at BJ or whatever his name is. You have him on ignore as well?

JoeSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, Manual
If climate change is such a real and dangerous threat, the left wouldn’t have to work so hard to convince the rest of us.
Havent they been saying the world's ending since the 70s?

I remember being in HS and hearing all that Global Warming bullshit, Manhattan and Miami still arent underwater

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Havent they been saying the world's ending since the 70s?

I remember being in HS and hearing all that Global Warming bullshit, Manhattan and Miami still arent underwater
Who’s “they”?
Interesting that you chose Manhattan and Miami though.
Would you like to guess how far the oceans have risen at those locations?
Would you like to guess what the actual predictions were? (No, not the sensationalised nonsense from the crazies).
Sponsored