Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

FASTCARS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RL
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Pilot & 2021 GT500
Wheels look great with the white stripes.

I think with black stripes the black wheels look best.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Wheels look great with the white stripes.

I think with black stripes the black wheels look best.
Thanks! I can agree with that.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Some of you may remember I put out an APB for "Susan" some months ago? Well, I thought I had found her, but it turns out it was her ugly step-sister.... I am happy to report that Susan has finally been found. It's no wonder it took so long to find her....... she was hiding in Australia.

Back when I posted pictures on Fakebook of the wing a friend found me, someone contacted me to ask how and where I came about the wing, and how much I got it for. He then offered me a brand spanking new one, in the box, never installed, and with all originally supplied hardware. At the time I was optimistic that the wing I had would be returned to perfect condition, so I passed on the offer.

As the wing affair unfolded, its condition was not returned to the condition I was expecting, so I reached back out to him and long story short, I pulled the trigger. For the last two + weeks I have been pulling my hair out worrying about the extremely long trip it was going to take, and the fear that something would happen during shipping. Well I am pleased to say that she arrived safe & sound, and in perfect condition!

Let me now introduce you to the true Susan...

tempImageabnLWG.png

tempImageey8F5y.png

tempImageUx7LlZ.png

tempImagep9nrpn.png

tempImageh4HkUm.png

tempImageHuePQf.png

tempImageeZ6FgP.png

tempImageGAmgzg.png

tempImagecN6fCJ.png

tempImageKlCu8m.png

tempImagehN8F3b.png

tempImage4oxV3e.png

tempImageYz6liK.png

I would like to ask the CFTP people if they can tell me where the 4 acorn nuts go? I assume two of them go inside the spacer and attach to the stud pre-installed on the wing mounts? If so, why do I have 4?
Wow, it looks like an international DHL shipment. I wonder where that came from.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, it looks like an international DHL shipment. I wonder where that came from.
Yep, they are made in China, but I bought it from a performance company in Australia. So it comes from the land down undahhhh. Good day mate. :like:

:piggybank:

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I would like to ask the CFTP people if they can tell me where the 4 acorn nuts go? I assume two of them go inside the spacer and attach to the stud pre-installed on the wing mounts? If so, why do I have 4?
As much as this is the aftermarket dogbone kit, the nuts are extremely close to what are OEM hardware. The preinstalled studs in each of your upright bases go through the decklid, the black spacer slips over the studs, and then the open locknuts (you aren't showing them but they are in the photo below) go onto the preinstalled studs and atop the black spacers. I'm guessing somebody planned on using the black acorn nuts at the wing to upright interface.

20210510_124808-XL.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As much as this is the aftermarket dogbone kit, the nuts are extremely close to what are OEM hardware. The preinstalled studs in each of your upright bases go through the decklid, the black spacer slips over the studs, and then the open locknuts (you aren't showing them but they are in the photo below) go onto the preinstalled studs and inside the black spacers. I'm guessing somebody planned on using the black acorn nuts at the wing to upright interface.

20210510_124808-XL.jpg
So that’s my confusion Tob. I have the same aftermarket kit as you that I bought for the scratched wing. It was obvious with that kit, but the hardware I listed above came with the OEM wing. The dog bones, the 4 screws for the dog bones, the 2 spacers and the mysterious 4 acorn style nuts. There were no open ended nylon nuts in the sealed hardware bag.

The acorn nuts even have a soft washer attached to them. I hadn’t seen them on other peoples wings, hence the asking about them. Everything was in a sealed bag, so I know nothing was lost.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
OEM is the open ended locking nuts as I mentioned.
Black acorn nuts are used at the wing to upright interface, on the inside face. You need the capscrews (4) (internal socket for Allen wrench) for that juncture and then two open locking nuts for the base along with what you have. Tim shows everything in his video as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OEM is the open ended locking nuts as I mentioned.
Black acorn nuts are used at the wing to upright interface, on the inside face. You need the capscrews (4) (internal socket for Allen wrench) for that juncture and then two open locking nuts for the base along with what you have. Tim shows everything in his video as well.

Thanks for the confirmation Tob. As I went to sleep last night that was my thought. The brackets are held to the wing with 4 nylon open ended nuts. I’ll replace them with the 4 black acorn nuts and grab two of them for the inner stud mount locations.Good news is I’ll have 2 extra now.

The thing for me is I’ve never seen a CFTP wing up close before, and I didn’t know if the wing to mount hardware was black, or stainless. I don’t usually watch Tim’s videos, but this one was helpful so thanks buddy.

Not sure why they assembled the brackets to the wing with the nylon nuts, but I’ve got everything I need :like:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Seven……… more………. days……….. until I meet you (again)…….

Hey, that’s only ONE week

2664F7DD-7FE0-41FD-B9DE-DB6CCBE3F5B0.jpeg

Last edited:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Dont count the day you are on and dont count the day you are going to , 5 days !
Ever since deployment, I count the last day as a wakeup, so 6 days and a wakeup. As my father-in-law says..."Shiiiiiiit you can do that standing on your head!"

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dont count the day you are on and dont count the day you are going to , 5 days !
Ever since deployment, I count the last day as a wakeup, so 6 days and a wakeup. As my father-in-law says..."Shiiiiiiit you can do that standing on your head!"
Yup, it's all mind over matter now. I'm sure trying to sleep in the hotel room the night before will be tough, but I will be running on adrenaline come morning time anyway.

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Seven……… more………. days……….. until I meey you (again)…….

Hey, that’s only ONE week

2664F7DD-7FE0-41FD-B9DE-DB6CCBE3F5B0.jpeg
And bass pro is tomorrow night…

just have to wait for the next one to see it in person 😂

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
All that’s left is badging. Come to papa.

235445BE-4486-4F26-8015-9A260B5F6256.jpeg

848E3102-5ED9-4777-A5D3-DDFEA80B30EC.jpeg

D402C073-F381-4874-B828-96694476FF7E.jpeg

BCC7AC4B-156D-4987-B5FE-C554A5E2BDF6.jpeg

F92EC099-F246-4D3B-B3E4-B3D00A7BB409.jpeg

4F1502A0-0D5E-4A59-946E-BFF470DEBFCC.jpeg

204B3BC0-810D-42D0-A73C-1640547E26A6.jpeg
The car looks fantastic! What are the wheels? I am wheel hunting myself and I am going silver as well. Too many black wheels out there. Sorry if I missed it. Lot's of pages.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And bass pro is tomorrow night…

just have to wait for the next one to see it in person 😂
Thanks Dave. I kinda doubt that I will make Bass Pro before Mustang Week. Not exactly sure when it will be picked up by the deliver company, but I am hoping for a driveway delivery by the end of the month. Benjamine Bemaro is flying out to install PPF once the car is home, so if the film is not on with enough time for Bass Pro before I leave, it will be when I am back from Mustang Week. We can's plan on the week for install until we know when the pick ups will be.

The car looks fantastic! What are the wheels? I am wheel hunting myself and I am going silver as well. Too many black wheels out there. Sorry if I missed it. Lot's of pages.
Thank you, they are the Shelby Signature Edition wheels that come with the Signature Edition package. The world has gone to black wheels it seams, and I am happy to have gone a different way. Black looks good, but on this color, brushed aluminum was the way to go for sure.