Sponsored

Let me introduce chassis number M1454

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
New Zealand RHD Mach1.
Well the wait is finally over and I have my new Mach1, what an absolute gorgeous car, I drove it home around 5.00pm about 20km and I must say a very different car to my 2016 Mustang GT.

I placed my order for the car on the 26th October 2020, the car was built on the 4th March 2021. My Mach1 sat at Baltimore for a month or so before it received a shipping schedule, then the ship Tirranna ran aground in Chesapeake Bay. The Tirranna was held up for a survey to check it was all OK to sail, then the ship lost its place to navigate through the Panama Canal and then it was held up at the Ports of Auckland, boy what a rocky road to New Zealand.

New Zealand Mach1 cars only had to options:
Manual or Auto and a choice of colour.
Our cars a fully loaded and expensive $97,990.00, I would say we are very lucky to be getting a special edition Mustang.

This will be my second S550 Mustang and very much looking forward to driving and cherishing this piece of history, could well be the last of the true N/A V8 muscle cars.

As was the wait for my first Mustang (19 months) the Mach1 has only been 7 months wait, so I have had a little less time to figure out the mods, here is a list of those mods.

Ceramic paint protection (done)
PPF (done)
Rokblokz mud flaps front and rear
CPC coolant tank cover
CPC brake reservoir cover
Ford Performance bonnet struts
Ford Performance oil catch can
UPR oil pan bolt
These will be fitted in the coming weeks.

I know you are all waiting for the photos, so here they are.

13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
12.jpg

20210610_094421.jpg
Are recaros an option or standard for you guys?
Sponsored

Reactions: 12g
OP
OP
12g

12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M1454
Are recaros an option or standard for you guys?
They are standard.
I actually wanted standard Mach1 seats with the orange stripe on the seat as well as heating and cooling but them are the breaks.
I couldn't turn down a Mach1 just because of the Recaro seats.
New Zealand only got 50 cars and if you were not in the know you would have missed out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
12g

12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M1454
The shadows on the car change the color completely. Looks like a baby blue.
Yes you are correct, color changes if you are out on a sunny day or on a overcast day.
Never looks like baby blue, camera phones don't take a good photo of the color.
The garage shot is a good representation of the color.
Just love the color, Fighter Jet Grey.

OP
OP
12g

12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M1454
Nice looking car!!!! The Recaros are electric?
Thank you.
Yes they are, all RHD cars are electric.
Don't ask me why.
The bullitts were the same.

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
They are standard.
I actually wanted standard Mach1 seats with the orange stipe on the seat as well as heating and cooling but them are the breaks.
I couldn't turn down a Mach1 just because of the Recaro seats.
New Zealand only got 50 cars and if you were not in the know you would have missed out.
Damn only 50. I guess the heavier set guys down there are out of luck when it comes to specialty mustangs with recaros being the only option.
Yes you are correct, color changes if you are out on a sunny day or on a overcast day.
Never looks like baby blue, camera phones don't take a good photo of the color.
The garage shot is a good representation of the color.
Just love the color, Fighter Jet Grey.
I swear I see an almost mint green in FJG under certain lighting but all the comments I’ve heard from people that have seen my car are that they see blue in it

Sponsored

OP
OP
12g

12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M1454
Nice garage! And you got the best color Mach 1. Congrats!
Thank you.
I am having a new garage built as we speak as my LandRover is living out side at the moment, should be finished in about 4 weeks time.

OP
OP
12g

12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M1454
What a journey for that car, great info on the Tirranna. Enjoy it! I think we are in the waning days of NA V8s being available to most of the general public. I certainly don't know how things are in NZ specifically, but the days are numbered in the USA.
I think you are correct, time for the ICE is running out for sure.
I have some photos of the Tirranna going through the Panama Canal as well as Auckland Port.

01 Pedro Miguel Locks Panama Canal.jpg
02.jpg

OP
OP
12g

12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M1454
Well I’m jealous of them either way! I want the export car headlights as well without the amber colored corners.
Yes the headlights do look good!!!!

OP
OP
12g

12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M1454
Damn only 50. I guess the heavier set guys down there are out of luck when it comes to specialty mustangs with recaros being the only option.

You are correct on that one, lucky I am on the small size.
I have a mate that has a Bullitt, I went and tried that first.

I swear I see an almost mint green in FJG under certain lighting but all the comments I’ve heard from people that have seen my car are that they see blue in it
Sorry I see no blue, a greenish tint in some lights.

Sponsored

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
New Zealand RHD Mach1.
Well the wait is finally over and I have my new Mach1, what an absolute gorgeous car, I drove it home around 5.00pm about 20km and I must say a very different car to my 2016 Mustang GT.

I placed my order for the car on the 26th October 2020, the car was built on the 4th March 2021. My Mach1 sat at Baltimore for a month or so before it received a shipping schedule, then the ship Tirranna ran aground in Chesapeake Bay. The Tirranna was held up for a survey to check it was all OK to sail, then the ship lost its place to navigate through the Panama Canal and then it was held up at the Ports of Auckland, boy what a rocky road to New Zealand.

New Zealand Mach1 cars only had to options:
Manual or Auto and a choice of colour.
Our cars a fully loaded and expensive $97,990.00, I would say we are very lucky to be getting a special edition Mustang.

This will be my second S550 Mustang and very much looking forward to driving and cherishing this piece of history, could well be the last of the true N/A V8 muscle cars.

As was the wait for my first Mustang (19 months) the Mach1 has only been 7 months wait, so I have had a little less time to figure out the mods, here is a list of those mods.

Ceramic paint protection (done)
PPF (done)
Rokblokz mud flaps front and rear
CPC coolant tank cover
CPC brake reservoir cover
Ford Performance bonnet struts
Ford Performance oil catch can
UPR oil pan bolt
These will be fitted in the coming weeks.

I know you are all waiting for the photos, so here they are.

13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
12.jpg

20210610_094421.jpg
hey 12 g . Im very jealous ! i was wondering about our tri bar DT running lights and electric recarros and glad to see we get them both! still waiting on North Harbour Ford. obviously your dealer is more onto it. hopefully well meet up soon.

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
What a journey for that car, great info on the Tirranna. Enjoy it! I think we are in the waning days of NA V8s being available to most of the general public. I certainly don't know how things are in NZ specifically, but the days are numbered in the USA.
absolutely. we have a green as govt currently in NZ and they want to ban ALL new ICE cars by 2030-35!

BU11LTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard.
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well I’m jealous of them either way! I want the export car headlights as well without the amber colored corners.
Hi, Think yourself lucky as we europeans dont get any of these(Torsen Diff) (Two clocks in centre of Dash) (Strut Brace) & down on power by over 27 HP this what you call raw deal especially when Ford advertised the Bullitt on a video with all the above parts then didnt suppy any of them. Plus we have to pay more for less must be learning of Porsche.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
(Strut Brace) & down on power by over 27 HP
EU cars get the strut brace, might be only in UK. Unless you get it too, since it'd be bit weird to exclude it only for RHD cars.

Check this video at 1:27, nice overview of German car (in English).

As for the power, I wouldn't be too worried about that, the difference is small and might be partly due to them measuring it with petrol with worse octane number, I want to first see a measurement on the brake with proper 100 octane petrol :) GPF will cost a few hp, but in the end they still give official 4.4 sec 0-100 km/h with automatic (4.2 sec 0-96 km/h from the video).

12g, sorry for going bit offtopic in your intro topic, your car is lovely, congrats and enjoy!
Guess I'll end up with mine just in time for winter like you down under, haha.
Sponsored

Last edited: