Angeles Crest Spring Run

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6SPD Premium PP1
Looks like a good road! We have some nice ones down here as well. Hopefully I can meet up with some cool peeps
Sponsored

SideShowB0b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K4342
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
SloRyd

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
SloRyd - Still up for Wednesday, or make it another time? looks like the roads could be wet this week, too. šŸ˜•
I am working up there tomorrow was gonna kinda do a test run to see how everything was. The weather a couple weeks ago brought us back a bit, but CalTrans has been doing a killer job clearing everything out.
I am fine with holding off a week if you are down, because this week looks cloudy and meh possible rain. Beginning of next week looks summer like.

OP
OP
SloRyd

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
@SideShowB0b I am currently up here and thinking we should postpone tomorrow :crying:

At the summit itā€™s pretty beautiful but the bottom all the way to Angeles Forest cutoff was really socked in with fog and rain this morning. It was pretty bad, and I rolled up at 10am.

Looks like they have more rain in the forecast tonight and could leave the road shitty in the AM, plus with the fog, it would not be an enjoyable drive up.

Mine was getting serviced today just incase tomorrow was a go. rented a EB to roll up here today just to fuck around.
image.jpg

OP
OP
SloRyd

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
@Mikthehun1 I know you canā€™t make it this go around, but you make your way out west this road is next level.. it is a must.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SloRyd

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Looks like a good road! We have some nice ones down here as well. Hopefully I can meet up with some cool peeps
Iā€™m in Long Beach, if you hear of anything down in your neck of the woods let a brother know..

Good excuse to head to SD :sun::sunglasses:

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in Long Beach, if you hear of anything down in your neck of the woods let a brother know..

Good excuse to head to SD :sun::sunglasses:
So far I only found one other mustang that's here on the forums in San Diego lol

OP
OP
SloRyd

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
@Mikthehun1 please do not come out here without letting your equestrian brethren know! If there was one road in all of Southern California you have to drive itā€™s the Crest.

@Chomorro & @GTIIIL shit letā€™s get something together! Iā€™ll roll down there.

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
@Mikthehun1 please do not come out here without letting your equestrian brethren know! If there was one road in all of Southern California you have to drive itā€™s the Crest.

@Chomorro & @GTIIIL shit letā€™s get something together! Iā€™ll roll down there.
@Mghoward74 is the only one who has said they are near SD that I know of since I joined lol. I'm down to meet up. I'm currently working on my front camber issues and installing spacers and power pack 2. Hopefully I can get an alignment soon after.

Sponsored

SideShowB0b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K4342
Vehicle Showcase
@SideShowB0b I am currently up here and thinking we should postpone tomorrow :crying:

At the summit itā€™s pretty beautiful but the bottom all the way to Angeles Forest cutoff was really socked in with fog and rain this morning. It was pretty bad, and I rolled up at 10am.

Looks like they have more rain in the forecast tonight and could leave the road shitty in the AM, plus with the fog, it would not be an enjoyable drive up.
sounds good. maybe we can get it together in a few weeks (next week is bad for me) Iā€™ll keep checkinā€™ in

GTIIIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Ortega Highway in South OC is a good road, SD Mustang club scheduled to meet up there on May 23rd. Even better is Palomar Mountain; followed a couple of Porscheā€™s up there early one morning. Google it, great road.
56831DAA-E525-420B-9E55-802DA2477DD0.jpeg

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Ortega Highway in South OC is a good road, SD Mustang club scheduled to meet up there on May 23rd. Even better is Palomar Mountain; followed a couple of Porscheā€™s up there early one morning. Google it, great road.
56831DAA-E525-420B-9E55-802DA2477DD0.jpeg
Back about ten years ago went up there with my Honda S2000 and when I was leaving the parking lot form Mothers kitchen A CHP actually stopped on the hiway and motioned me to go in front of him. Stupid me I did and as soon as I did he turned his lights and pulled me over for having tinted tail lights and wanted to search my car for illegal mods. I complied and let him look under the hood and under the car. he even measured my thread depth on all four tires. He told me that people like me were unwelcome on his highway. I asked him what were people like me and he stated Street racers. I asked him why did he think I was a street racer and he stated that I had "A" pillar gages on my car and that was a sign of a street racer. I told him that I told him That I have been putting gages on my "A" pillar long before his daddy put his hands down his moma's pants. He looked at me and stated that he was a professional and everyone with gages like that were street racers. I did indeed get real smart with him and stated that I too was a professional and that everyone that wore glasses like his were ass holes. He really got mad and told me that he could have my car impounded and crushed. I asked him to contacted his supervisor and showed him that I was recording it all. He stopped immediately handed me the ticket and I told him that I will see him in court. He never showed. But I did ask the judge to listen to the recording. He did and told me thank you. Oh for the record I have never and never will street race. I have always been a track whore. He was 100% wrong. and as far as "A" pillar gages. I have had mine there sense the mid 70's and my dad (also a prof. racer) has his there as well. Yep back befroe it was cool to do so.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SloRyd

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Back about ten years ago went up there with my Honda S2000 and when I was leaving the parking lot form Mothers kitchen A CHP actually stopped on the hiway and motioned me to go in front of him. Stupid me I did and as soon as I did he turned his lights and pulled me over for having tinted tail lights and wanted to search my car for illegal mods. I complied and let him look under the hood and under the car. he even measured my thread depth on all four tires. He told me that people like me were unwelcome on his highway. I asked him what were people like me and he stated Street racers. I asked him why did he think I was a street racer and he stated that I had "A" pillar gages on my car and that was a sign of a street racer. I told him that I told him That I have been putting gages on my "A" pillar long before his daddy put his hands down his moma's pants. He looked at me and stated that he was a professional and everyone with gages like that were street racers. I did indeed get real smart with him and stated that I too was a professional and that everyone that wore glasses like his were ass holes. He really got mad and told me that he could have my car impounded and crushed. I asked him to contacted his supervisor and showed him that I was recording it all. He stopped immediately handed me the ticket and I told him that I will see him in court. He never showed. But I did ask the judge to listen to the recording. He did and told me thank you. Oh for the record I have never and never will street race. I have always been a track whore. He was 100% wrong. and as far as "A" pillar gages. I have had mine there sense the mid 70's and my dad (also a prof. racer) has his there as well. Yep back befroe it was cool to do so.
wtf. That sucks.

Did you get more I wanted attention in the S2000 or in your Mustang? Just curious.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
back then I would take my daughter for drives with it She loved going on long mountain drives with me with the top down and the wind in her hair. And as you can see there is no tint on the tail lights. but to him there were tinted

Screenshot_2014-03-06-20-24-35.jpg

Screenshot_2014-05-30-21-12-51-1.jpg
Sponsored