Geeks Corner

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Full Confession: I'm a weenie with respect to automotive mechanics. Been driving manual transmission cars for over 40 years and just buying my first American car in all that time. Anyway, learning stuff here so thanks. I'm much more of a geek and gadget freak. So, I thought I'd start up a thread to talk about the gadgets that the Mach 1 provides and share and get smarter about all that while I am trying to become more of a motor head.

None of the links are specific to the Mach 1. Some are Mustangs some not, but obviously Ford vehicles. Hopefully, this will be an interesting thread to discuss the gadgets.

MyKey

MyColor

Sync 3
General Overiew

Updating

Themes

Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
TPMS from Ford

Reprogramming Sensors
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a question regarding the dash... how do I get to tire pressure? I've looked through every menu..lol

OP
OP
hbash

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Here's a question regarding the dash... how do I get to tire pressure? I've looked through every menu..lol
I added a section on Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). I don't have my Mach 1 yet (please be soon!!!!), so I cannot go through the steps, but this should help.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
thanks but thats on the analog. digital dash is different

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
The button with the gears on it, then trip and fuel . Trip 1 then down until tire pressure.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Sadly, MyColor is a missed opportunity. It had the potential to be a really awesome feature, but they blew it by making it extremely limited in the colour choice, as well as completely disconnected from all the buttons in the car.
You used to be able to insert RGB values to make your own colour. Not anymore. Now you can only choose from a handful of predefined colours, most of which are present in one shade only. So what good is that?
Also, what good is changing the dash and ambient light colours, when the dozens of buttons in the car - on the doors, on the media and climate control panel, on the steering wheel - glow ice blue no matter what? They will clash badly with any colour you choose, unless you choose blue.
Great concept, clumsy implementation.

Grey-Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Sadly, MyColor is a missed opportunity. It had the potential to be a really awesome feature, but they blew it by making it extremely limited in the colour choice, as well as completely disconnected from all the buttons in the car.
You used to be able to insert RGB values to make your own colour. Not anymore. Now you can only choose from a handful of predefined colours, most of which are present in one shade only. So what good is that?
Also, what good is changing the dash and ambient light colours, when the dozens of buttons in the car - on the doors, on the media and climate control panel, on the steering wheel - glow ice blue no matter what? They will clash badly with any colour you choose, unless you choose blue.
Great concept, clumsy implementation.
I was able to customize my colors. Not buttons though.