Sponsored

No driving a manual does not make you smarter, more skilled, a better driver or more of a car guy.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Driving a manual keeps you alert and involved in the drive. Doesn't give you the time to look around at the scenery, check on your cell phone, look in the mirror to comb your hair, eat while you drive.
Manual or auto I respect my cars too much....NO FOOD!!!! And the 90 percent of the time you are at speed you got just as much time to do every bit of that.
Sponsored

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
aware of where you feet and hands are? how is focusing on more tasks like hand a foot placement making you any more aware of your surroundings? I would say it make you less aware since you are preoccupied with trying to shift and heel toe and all that jazz. I would say a auto driver is MORE AWARE of their surrounding cause they are not distracted with shifting and doing foot dances on the pedals.
Manual or auto I respect my cars too much....NO FOOD!!!! And the 90 percent of the time you are at speed you got just as much time to do every bit of that.
Let me just say that I will disagree with you on that.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I would say a auto driver is MORE AWARE of their surrounding cause they are not distracted with shifting and doing foot dances on the pedals.
As Dirty Harry says about auto drivers:

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
aware of where you feet and hands are? how is focusing on more tasks like hand a foot placement making you any more aware of your surroundings? I would say it make you less aware since you are preoccupied with trying to shift and heel toe and all that jazz. I would say a auto driver is MORE AWARE of their surrounding cause they are not distracted with shifting and doing foot dances on the pedals.
This is OH so perfect with regards to the level of intellect between the two drivers.

Auto boy must pre think this event. While Manual Man just knows it, muscel memory, larger mental capabilities.

LMAO

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
better drive? Makes you more handsomer.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
This is OH so perfect with regards to the level of intellect between the two drivers.

Auto boy must pre think this event. While Manual Man just knows it, muscel memory, larger mental capabilities.

LMAO
when you give anything on this planet more things to do at once they slow down. do more things on a computer it gets slower and confused, put more people in a room and they cant move around at gets crowded and confusing. more people at Disney in line and everything comes to a crawl, more tasks for a worker and they get less done, more peopel in a car and it gets slower..... but you are saying that with more tasks on hand and to think about a manual driver gets faster and smarter and more aware... lol ok.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
when you give anything on this planet more things to do at once they slow down. do more things on a computer it gets slower and confused, put more people in a room and they cant move around at gets crowded and confusing. more people at Disney in line and everything comes to a crawl, more tasks for a worker and they get less done, more peopel in a car and it gets slower..... but you are saying that with more tasks on hand and to think about a manual driver gets faster and smarter and more aware... lol ok.
Just because you can't multitask doesn't mean nobody can lol

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I've got a 16-core processor in my main. It doesn't slow down when you do more, it just gets hotter :crackup:
Yeah but some of these manual drivers Memory bandwidth has a bottle neck. :)

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is as manual as it gets! The driver of this car must be super smart :crackup:

10klassieker-van-fred-flintstone.jpg
Manual Man has, Auto boy grabbing for straws when cornered .. ROTFLMAO

Ok, can play mr computer .

How about this upgrade drives and memory.

IMG_0923.JPG

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Manual Man has, Auto boy grabbing for straws when cornered .. ROTFLMAO
Not to mention actually coming out in favor of flat tires!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What? For a self-proclaimed manual shifting genius, it sure is hard to parse what you're saying sometimes. Now go ahead and tell me it's because I just can't grasp your dizzying intellect.
Like wise sir, but to hep ya I'm just playing.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
What? For a self-proclaimed manual shifting genius, it sure is hard to parse what you're saying sometimes. Now go ahead and tell me it's because I just can't grasp your dizzying intellect.
It's okay, manual man has 200IQ and has a hard time putting his words in a way that an automatic peon such as yourself would understand. It's kind of like if an advanced alien civilization tried to talk to us. 5 minutes and they'd give up and never come back.
Sponsored