hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
It's right on the sticker
I was just on the phone with FORD. The Gas Guzzler Tax is ONLY for the Automatic. Ford hand some error and it is being corrected. I know that my invoice will be corrected (I still don't have the car), but for those that already have a manual and have paid the Guzzler tax, they should probably contact Ford.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
D
I was just on the phone with FORD. The Gas Guzzler Tax is ONLY for the Automatic. Ford hand some error and it is being corrected. I know that my invoice will be corrected (I still don't have the car), but for those that already have a manual and have paid the Guzzler tax, they should probably contact Ford.
Do you have a name who you spoke too?

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
I gotta believe who ever you spoke to at Ford is just another misinformed/uninformed Ford employee who knows nothing about the products he sells.

Sponsored

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
I also understood that right from the start as well, that the gas guzzler tax only applied to automatics. Why? I have no idea, since I thought they would give better MPG.
I was given a quote on a new Mach 1 (six-speed), and there was NO gas guzzler tax added to it.

Gadgetech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I also understood that right from the start as well, that the gas guzzler tax only applied to automatics. Why? I have no idea, since I thought they would give better MPG.
I was given a quote on a new Mach 1 (six-speed), and there was NO gas guzzler tax added to it.
Oddly, on the Challenger (and maybe Charger) Scat Packs, the auto gets no gas guzzler and the manual gets the gas guzzler b/c with the auto, you could have cylinder deactivation.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I like the silver and the blue. Under the lights in the showroom it looks great but in the sun in videos it looks washed out and without seeing it in person I know white always looks nice. Let’s face it most cars under the lights in showrooms looks great.
I agonized over picking silver or black. Had the dealer park two GT's in those colors next to each other in the sun, took pics from all kinds of angles, texted them to my wife and adult kids, and still couldn't decide. The iconic silver just looks sooooo great in the sunlight. Black needs to be spotless to look good. Ended up picking black but no matter which one I picked, I'd have still partly wanted the other.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Would love to get definitive clarification on this. I've looked at lots of window stickers of cars from different states and with auto vs manual, and could find nothing common about that damn $1000 tax - it was on both autos and manuals, but also NOT on some manuals. My order for a 6-speed included it, and when I asked the dealer, he said the Ford ordering process automatically added it when they entered the build.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
started looking at several window stickers and sure enough, there are some autos that have incurred a 1k guzzler tax which is wrong. To qualify for the tax IRS has the tax rate set to $1k for 21.5 -22.5. Since the auto says 23 mpg they will get a free pass.

This is definitely a screwup on the autos.

Attachments

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Just looked on a window sticker for an automatic at a dealer near me. It shows no GG tax, 15 mpg city, 21 highway, 18 combined. Then for a manual it shows 14 / 22 / 17, with the $1,000 tax. Looked at about 10 stickers, all were like this. So the net extra cost for the automatic is really $595, not $1,595.

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Not bad video and he modded the rear spoiler to HP style so you get a good idea of how it looks on actual car. I had thought really weren’t supposed to drive around with the Gurney flap though

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Not bad video and he modded the rear spoiler to HP style so you get a good idea of how it looks on actual car. I had thought really weren’t supposed to drive around with the Gurney flap though

I believe the downside is your mpg’s go down with it on.

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
I believe the downside is your mpg’s go down with it on.
Yes and I think in owners manual it says something about track only use.
Sponsored