Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If it works like in the Camaro: You can just let your right foot on full throttle while using the clutch. It will limit the maximum RPM the engine will go to while shifting. It's a nice thing to improve accleration times, but it feels really weird at first.
I do it all the time in the SIM so I am used to it now. Will be difficult not to do it with my MX5 lol
Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
If it works like in the Camaro: You can just let your right foot on full throttle while using the clutch. It will limit the maximum RPM the engine will go to while shifting. It's a nice thing to improve accleration times, but it feels really weird at first.
Not sure what you mean by let your right foot. Please expand on this.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what you mean by let your right foot. Please expand on this.
He is saying you can keep your right foot planted during the shift process.
You just clutch while on full throttle and shove into next gear

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
He is saying you can keep your right foot planted during the shift process.
You just clutch while on full throttle and shove into next gear
Okay. Let me see if I understand. Usually, when you're switching gears, you lift off the accelerator so the engine doesn't rev. But, with this method, you switch gears as you push and release the clutch pedal and the engine maintains it's current RPM?

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Okay. Let me see if I understand. Usually, when you're switching gears, you lift off the accelerator so the engine doesn't rev. But, with this method, you switch gears as you push and release the clutch pedal and the engine maintains it's current RPM?
More or less yes, hence the name no lift shifting. Not sure how ford has implemented but usually the ignitition is shut of for a brief moment until the shift happens.

It is there to reduce the shift time and drop of rpm in order to stay in up in the rpm-range.

However I would only use if am drag-racing. Cannot see the point when being on a road racing track to be honest. For track use I would say the the auto-blip is far more useful.

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
It will not retain the current RPM, but only let it rev to a certain limit while you stay on full throttle.

In reality, it's more of gimmick. As @Mazman is saying, it's useful when doing a drag, but on the road you might never actually use it

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
It will not retain the current RPM, but only let it rev to a certain limit while you stay on full throttle.

In reality, it's more of gimmick. As @Mazman is saying, it's useful when doing a drag, but on the road you might never actually use it
Potentially, you're beating on your car this way too, no?

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
No, they wouldn't allow it if it was such a case. The fuel flow is briefly stopped so it's no different then unpressing the gas pedal during shifting, it's just done electronically.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Potentially, you're beating on your car this way too, no?
Using Rev Match and No Lift Shift should reduce the wear since the car is making sure you have an optimal RPM when engaging.

Sponsored

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
I turn off the sound and just drool at the color combo and the seat combo. Same exact of what I ordered except for the five spoke

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
I wonder why there hasn’t been a magazine review yet? Unless I missed it
Only thing I can think of is everyone is waiting to get their hands on the handling pack cars. Those are probably the ones they want so they can compare them to the GT350