Sponsored

Decent phone holder ideas?

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
wait how did u get the schoche mount attached to the proclip?
Sponsored

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
That of course depends on whether you're using the phone for something appropriate or not. I'm less of a fan of Waze now than before, but I'm using it every day for navigation and live traffic updates (e.g., "car stopped on the road 500m ahead", "speed camera in 300m") - and I can't think of anything else appropriate - the phone should obviously be in your line of sight, and not in the cup holder or similar where you have to take your eyes of the road.

I like this one from xiaomi and have been using it for about a year now. The logic is not perfect, but works well enough and charges the phone at the same time:

I'd get that one just for the sound it makes when opening / closing lol

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Waze can't verbalize the alerts over bluetooth? That's VERY lame.
Waze audio drives me nuts. I turn it completely off.
But, yeah, I use my phone for navigation since the mustang doesn't have it so mine is up where I can see it.
Also, Georgia passed a law a couple years ago that the phone has to be in a holder. Technically having it in your pocket or just sitting in a cubby or cup holder, etc is illegal.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Waze can't verbalize the alerts over bluetooth? That's VERY lame.
Possibly it can, but I never got neither Google Maps nor Waze sound to work reliably over bluetooth on Ford's SYNC3 system with my Android phone without interfering with the music I'm playing from the USB-stick, or something like that. Can't remember the exact problem, but after googling and seeing many others had the same problem I gave up on it a year ago and let the navigation sound play via the phone speakers. There's another local app I use (traffic police/speed camera alerts, though seems Waze has all or most of it now) which has an option for routing the alerts as phone voice messages to work around this problem. That works.

And anyway, sometimes it's nice to see when you're nearing in on fixed objects like speed cameras, rather than just know they were 500m ahead some seconds ago.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Also, Georgia passed a law a couple years ago that the phone has to be in a holder
this is why politicians of old had a REAL job and could only afford to jaw around for 3 months in the dead of winter.

JJSSI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP w/Handling Package, 2004 Boxster S, 2013 Jeep JK,
Vehicle Showcase
I'm familar with tackform, but what is that mount plate that you are using??
I made the mounting plate out of 1/16 AL sheet. The rest is from Tackform. I remove one of the springs from the phone clamp so it was easier to take the phone on and off. I did make a drawing of the plate with the dimensions.

1WILDHORSE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geers
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F350, 2023 Mach 1
I made the mounting plate out of 1/16 AL sheet. The rest is from Tackform. I remove one of the springs from the phone clamp so it was easier to take the phone on and off. I did make a drawing of the plate with the dimensions.
Got it. I appreciate the reply. I’ll look at doing something similar. Would you be willing to share dimensions?

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
You youngsters are probably going to flame me for this, but your phone should be in your pocket or in the trunk while you're driving. No need to be looking at it. Look at the road instead.
My phone actually dumps out of my jean or coat pocket when I drive my Mustang 100% of the time. I also have the largest iPhone, which makes it a challenge to put in a lot of places too. I pretty much have to put it somewhere, and opening and closing the center console all the time to store it is a pain.

Don't look at my phone at all while driving, still need somewhere for it to go.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
My phone actually dumps out of my jean or coat pocket when I drive my Mustang 100% of the time. I also have the largest iPhone, which makes it a challenge to put in a lot of places too. I pretty much have to put it somewhere, and opening and closing the center console all the time to store it is a pain.

Don't look at my phone at all while driving, still need somewhere for it to go.
Maybe something like this? https://www.ebay.com/itm/133304723477?hash=item1f0994a815:g:dLQAAOSwM~deHqCL
Sponsored